At least 22 people were tested positive for swine flu (H1N1virus) in Rajasthan in the past 10 days, an official said on Tuesday.
Eight people have been found swine flu-positive in Kota, four each in Jaipur, Jhalawar and Bundi and one each in Bikaner and Jhunjhunu, the official said.
“Swine flu-positive cases as of Monday evening (October 19) touched 6,791 since the start of this year in the state,” the medical and health department official told IANS.
According to the department, 2,468 positive cases have been reported from Jaipur — the maximum in the state, followed by Kota at 781, Jodhpur at 370 and Ajmer at 323.
The toll since the start of this year till October 6 due to swine flu has touched 455, a health department official told IANS.
Of this, 433 were from Rajasthan, while 22 were residents of other states but who died in Rajasthan.
Meanwhile, the government in a bid to curb the spread of the viral disease have decided to conduct door-to-door survey of houses in areas from where swine flu-positive cases have been reported.With the increase in seasonal diseases like malaria, dengue and swine flu, the government has cancelled leaves of government doctors and has also constituted a task force to monitor the diseases.
The state government has also launched awareness campaign on swine flu, dengue and malaria.
Speaking on the issue, Dr Shyam Narayan Harsh, Resident Editor, Medical Dialogues, Bikaner District said, ” Rajasthan as a state has been hit by both swine flu and dengue menace. We recently lost two patients to dengue last week. Both government and private hospitals are working over time to cater to all the patients. For swine flu, we had earlier asked the government to provide health professionals with vaccinations and are following up on the same. ”
On the issue of capacity development for the impending swine flu onset, Dr Sarvesh Sharan Joshi, Resident Editor, Medical Dialogues, Jaipur said ” Hon’ble health minister Shri Rajendra Rathore has announced about the making available the swine flu vaccine for doctors and healthcare professionals. Moreover, all hospitals over certain capacity have been directed to earmark at least 6-bedded isolation ward for the swine flu patients.”