Query- I m working as senior specialist( obg) in community health center since 5years.
There are 5 specialist posts. Only two of us are there me and pediatrician (to retire in May 2016) .we have daily 100 OPD sometimes 150. We have to see MLC. RTA, ANC,poisioning ,PM,Immunization,Field work to be monitored,all national programmes ,with all this I m not able to concentrate on my subject
There is shortage of staff (3 ) 8th hourly duty only one at a time), group D (2),non clinicals (1) doctors(2) .our higher officials are insisting to do lscs.which is highly impossible. They go on serving memo.How can we do what if something goes wrong . My skills are wasted .I m mentally tortured. how do I go about. Please guide me.
( Name withheld)
Answer- You have to act smart to deal with this problem. So many govt doctors are facing it. There are following ways
- Collect information from RTI why posts are not filled.
- Approach your association for your rescue and let them give notice to Govt.
- Give a strong reply to memos and tell them that it is due to shortage of manpower.
- Plan a work to rule agitation along with your colleagues. Let your association threaten dharna, token strike and later indefinite strike.
- Leak information to press to corner govt.
- Do not feel bad in doing above as you are trying to improve system. Don’t let system ruin your life.
With warm regards,
Prof ( Dr ) R K Sharma
MBBS (AIIMS) , MD ( AIIMS), FIAMLE , FICFMT ,
President, Indian Association of Medico-Legal Experts , New Delhi
Former Head, Department of Forensic Medicine, All-India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
tel no 0091-9891098542
Supreme Medico-legal Protection Services Pvt Ltd
315 , Hemkunt Chambers
89, Nehru Place
New Delhi – 110019
Tel – 011- 41660642
Mobile – 9891098542 , 9971888542