At the recently concluded Asian Hospital Management Awards (AHMA) in Manila, Apollo Hospitals bagged 7 awards across categories for their contribution towards outstanding and innovative projects, programs across customer service, clinical service improvement and innovations in hospital management and Governance.
Apollo Hospitals, is India’s premier healthcare service provider has been honored with 13 awards in 11 categories and two Grand Awards at the Asian Hospital Management Healthcare Excellence Awards in the year 2016. The Asian Hospital Management Awards is one of the established hospital management awards programmes for the Asia Pacific region, which recognizes and honors hospitals in Asia. There were 418 entries from 102 hospitals in 17 countries, vying for the AHMA 2017. The event was organized at Manila, Philippines.
The recognition assumes significance given that the global medical tourism market is worth USD 3 billion and several countries in Asia are looking to garner a piece of the pie. Cross-border recognition plays a big role in the decision-making process of medical tourists for whom awards such as these become markers of credibility and reliable performance.
CATEGORY: Bio Medical / Facilities Maintenance Project
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Delhi – “HELP”- Hands On Equipment Learning Program
CATEGORY: Clinical Service Project
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai – IMPLEMENTING ANTIMICROBIAL STEWARDSHIP PROGRAMME? “Rising ship for the institution- A new initiative”
CATEGORY: Customer Service Project
- Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Chennai – Institutionalizing Innovation-A Lean Six Sigma Approach to improve customer Service in an Oncology Set-up.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Delhi – SHHH – SILENT HOSPITAL HELPS HEALING
CATEGORY: Innovations in Hospital Management Project
- Apollo Hospitals Group (India) – The ART of TASCC, Integration to Excellence in Clinical Governance – The Apollo Standards of Clinical Care (TASCC)
CATEGORY: Nursing Excellence Project
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Delhi – NO HARM NO ERROR- “Culture of Safety: It Starts with Us”
CATEGORY: Talent Development Project
- Apollo Speciality Hospital OMR, Chennai – PROJECT TEJAS – EMPOWER, ENRICH, ENLIGHTEN
“Asian Hospital Management Award (AHMA) is a global recognition and we are proud to have received this for the third consecutive year. Our focus is on building up the specialty services in-order to meet the healthcare needs of their respective communities – and ensure that patients no longer have to travel out of the country in-order to receive the highest-quality treatment. From the inception of Apollo, over thirty years back, it has been our endeavor to provide cutting edge technology, path-breaking clinical procedures and care of international standards to all our patients. That we receive patients from over 120 countries is a testament to our commitment to quality and outcomes. We believe that India will and should become the healer to the world and we as Apollo are happy to contribute towards this ambition.
The hospital has been recognized with distinctions ranging from CSR, Customer Service, Nursing Excellence, Clinical Service Improvement, Bio Medical Facilities Improvement etc. The Asian Hospital Management Awards takes cognizance of and honours hospitals in Asia that implement best hospital practices. It is a proud moment for all of us” says Dr. Prathap Reddy, Chairman, Apollo Hospitals Group
The award was organized alongside the Hospital Management Asia conference, and now in its 16th year, it is the most prominent hospital management awards date in the Asia Pacific hospital calendar.