This site is intended for Healthcare professionals only.
×

Fortis Malar Hospital launches Fortis Comprehensive Epilepsy Centre

Fortis Malar Hospital launches Fortis Comprehensive Epilepsy Centre

 Hospital will observe World Epilepsy Day by organizing ‘Epilepsy Check Camp’ from 8th – 29th Feb’16

Chennai:  Fortis Malar Hospital launched the Fortis Comprehensive Epilepsy Centre. The centre was inaugurated by the Shri BS Raghavan, Former IAS officer, Author and Social Activist.

The Fortis Comprehensive Epilepsy Centre (FCEC) aims to combine the country’s most prolific team of doctors and care givers, in combating epilepsy, and consistently delivering results comparable to the best available in the world. The FCEC is led by Dr Dinesh Nayak a renowned name in the realm of Epilepsy Management, Dr Sathishkumar and Dr Vikash Agarwal form the medical team of epilepsy care. The surgical team comprises of Prof Dr Ravi Mohan Rao, Dr Soundappan and Dr Arul. Dr Vidya Mohan Das leads the Neuro anesthesia team and the critical care by Dr Buddhan Rajarathinam. The centre is aided by an excellent evaluation setup and world classexpertise of the team of doctors and care givers.

Over 100 successful epilepsy surgeries have been performed, in the recent years, by this team.

As part of observing the World Epilepsy Day, Fortis Malar will be organising an ‘Epilepsy Check Campaign’ (8th – 29th February’16) where the hospital will encourage the general public with pre-existing problems to get subsidized evaluation (EEG etc) and consultation from  specialists.

The World Epilepsy Day is observed every year in order to create awareness on the condition itself and the treatment options available for it. The recurring theme for International Epilepsy Day – Epilepsy is more than Seizures – highlights the fact that, for many people the stigma and discrimination faced by people with epilepsy can be more difficult to overcome than the seizures themselves. Despite the fact at over 70% of people with epilepsy will have their seizures successfully controlled, in the general public there is still fear and ignorance of what epilepsy really is. Almost 80% of the cases can be managed medically and controlled. The remaining 20% are drug-resistant, and over a half of them can be treated successfully by surgical intervention. These persons need to be evaluated by a team of experts in a comprehensive epilepsy center.

 

Here are some pictures from the launch

 

fortis 1

 

fortis

0 comment(s) on Fortis Malar Hospital launches Fortis Comprehensive Epilepsy Centre

Share your Opinion Disclaimer

Sort by: Newest | Oldest | Most Voted
    Source: self

    Opinion Polls

    Should Government Doctors be allowed to do Private Practice?