Burla, Odisha: While more than 450 doctors working at Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research (VIMSAR) continue to be on strike for the 8th day today, Authorities have taken Stern action against the principal of the said institute, Dr Santosh Kumar Behera.
Dr Behara has been transferred from the post of principalship of the said institute, on account of being absent from the institute, while the agitation of the doctors has been gaining momentum. The DMET, Bhubaneshwar, while transferring Dr Behara, has now appointed Prof Dr Bijya Kumar Dutt in his place as the new principal of the college.
As reported by DNA, resident doctors at the college are continuing to strike till the following demands are met:-
- Installation of an MRI machine.
- Delegation of financial and administrative powers of operation to VIMSAR.
- A new building to be established and female medicine ward to be shifted.
- Security inside the premises of the college to be strengthened.
- Operation theatres, labour rooms, Sick Newborn Care Unit (SNCU), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Medicine Ward, Canteen and hostel to be provided with water and electricity 24/7
- Fund for library to be increased with fresh recruitments as well.
- Filling up of all vacant posts at the earliest.
- Sanitary conditions to be improved.