Udhampur: In a serious lapse of sanitation and safety to health, a small snake entered a patient’s bottle while he was filling it from a water cooler at a District Hospital in Jammu and Kashmir’s Udhampur District.
Horrified with the incident, the patient’s father informed that he had gone to fill his son’s water bottle, who is admitted in the hospital when the snake was found.
“I went to fill the bottle from the water cooler and was putting it to my son’s mouth when I saw the snake inside the bottle,” he told ANI.
He added that this was heights of carelessness and people who are not sick, even they would die after drinking water from hospital’s premises.
Giving an explanation about the whole incident, Superintendent of the District Hospital Dr. Vijay said that there could be a possibility that the underground pipe connected to the cooler might have brought in the snake.
“I have instructed the sanitation department to see if there is any such collection in our pipes,” he added.