New Delhi: Recently through a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha, Minister of state( independent charge) for AYUSH, Shri Shripad Yesso Naik informed about the CCRAS initiated Tribal Health Care Research Programme in 14 States.
The Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Science has initiated Tribal Health Care Research Programme (THCRP) in 14 States through 15 Institutes under it.
The aim & objectives of THCRP are as under: –
- To Study the living conditions of tribal people
- To Collect information related to health statistics
- To study dietetic habits, nature and frequency of prevalent diseases, use of common medicinal plants in the area
- To provide medical aid at the door steps of tribals.
- To propagate knowledge about Ayurvedic concept of Pathyapathya including hygiene habits, dietary practice.
- To prevent diseases by adopting healthy way of living & clean environment (Swachhata)
- To collect LHTs/folk medicines/ traditional practices prevalent in the area.
The targets set for 2017-18 & achievements so far are as under: –
|Population to be covered for demographic studies – 100000||100316 Population covered|
|Documentation of Local Health Traditions (LHT) /Folk Claims – 150||159 LHTs/Folk claims documented|