- Medical news & Guidelines
- Cardiology and CTVS
- Critical Care
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Laboratory Medicine
- Health news
- State News
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
- Medical Education
Dare Not Use the word Dr or Clinic, refrain from crosspathy: AP Health Dept warns its RMPs
Kadappa: Taking strong note of the misuse of terminology by various RMPs and PMPs working in the rural areas of the district and running first aid centres, the District Medical & Health Officer recently issued specific guidelines for these practitioners.The notice that was sent on the orders of the District Collector/ District Magistrate, Kadapa YSR District further warned that violation...
Kadappa: Taking strong note of the misuse of terminology by various RMPs and PMPs working in the rural areas of the district and running first aid centres, the District Medical & Health Officer recently issued specific guidelines for these practitioners.
The notice that was sent on the orders of the District Collector/ District Magistrate, Kadapa YSR District further warned that violation of these guidelines would being strong action under the Indian Medical Council Act as well as legal provisions related to quackery.
The guidelines specifically tell the RMPs and not to use the "Dr" or "Doctor" before their Names or the words Clinic"/Nursing Home/ Hospital to describe their centres. The word First Aid centre has to be used, the guidelines added.
For those Homeopathy/Ayurvedic and Unani Doctors running Non-Allopathic Medical Institutions, the guidelines warned that they should not prescribe Allopathic Medicines. The guidelines further added private Hospitals/Nursing Homes must not employ the non allopathic Doctors as duty doctors
All The Un-Registered, Non-Allopathic Medical Institutions and First AID Centres in Kadapa District are hereby instructed to strictly follow the guidelines to mentioned hereunder with immediate effect.
- Should not write "Dr" or "Doctor" before your Names.
- Should not use the words "Clinic"/Nursing Home/ Hospital" on the sign The term "First Aid Centre" only should be displayed on the boards.
- Should not mention any degree i.e. R.M.P./P.M.P/RED CROSS/ANY OTHER qualification without any Registered Certificate issued by the Medical Council.
- Should not maintain any Beds/Cots/-IV stands/Any other equipment which comes under inpatient facility.
- Should not inject injection/ IV Fluids.
- Should not do deliveries (or) abortions.
- Should not do write prescriptions to the patients.
- Should not establish Nursing Home/Hospitals.
- Should not put up Laboratories/Scan Centres/X-Ray plants.
- Should not refer the patients in writing to private nursing Homes/ Hospitals
- Should not Maintain Medical shops.
- Pharmacists/DMLT/ B.Sc (MLT)/M.Sc.(MLT)/Staff Nurses and ANMs are not eligible to do private practice.
- Homeopathy/Ayurvedic and Unani Doctors should not prescribe Allopathic Medicines.
- Private Hospitals/Nursing Homes must not employ the non allopathic Doctors as duty doctors
- All Registered Private Nursing Homes/Hospitals should encourage and should not write the RMP/PMP name in their OP/IP registers, reports and scan reports.
- Lab Reports/Scan Reports should be signed by a qualified pathologist/ Microbiologist/Bio-Chernist/Radiologist only.
"Further the RMPs/PMPs are hereby instructed to follow the above guideline strictly after 7 days from the date of receipt of this notice. Any deviation found in the above guidelines liable to face legal consequences by considering the sections of 15.2.(a) 15.2.(b) 015. (3) of the Indian Medical council Act(102) of 1956 and other related section on Quackery," the notice added
Garima joined Medical Dialogues in the year 2017 and is currently working as a Senior Editor. She looks after all the Healthcare news pertaining to Medico-legal cases, MCI/DCI decisions, Medical Education issues, government policies as well as all the news and updates concerning Medical and Dental Colleges in India. She is a graduate from Delhi University and pursuing MA in Journalism and Mass Communication. She can be contacted at email@example.com Contact no. 011-43720751