This site is intended for Healthcare professionals only.
×

Fire at CT scan room of medical college hospital; none injured


Fire at CT scan room of medical college hospital; none injured

Sivaganga:  A fire broke out in the CT scan room of the Government Medical College hospital here tonight, damaging the equipments transformer.

However, none was injured, police said.

The CT scan equipments transformer costing about Rs.10 lakh was completely damaged in the blaze, police said.

The hospital staff and Fire Service personnel disconnected power supply immediately after noticing smoke in the CT scan room.

The fire was caused by an electrical short circuit, police said.

Hospital officials said no one was injured, though the maternity ward and child care ward, in-patient wards and trauma ward were located close to the room.

Initial investigations revealed that the short circuit was caused by an electrical leak.

An official said the investigation would include the quality of wiring among other things.




Source: PTI
1 comment(s) on Fire at CT scan room of medical college hospital; none injured

Share your Opinion Disclaimer

Sort by: Newest | Oldest | Most Voted
  1. user
    DR DINESH KAPOOR June 1, 2017, 9:15 am

    Regular PM not done in most cases.