Fire breaks out at VIMSAR; Dialysis unit damaged
VIMSAR Superintendent Jayashree Dora said the fire was caused due to short circuit in the panel board of the battery room.
Burla: A fire broke out in the Dialysis unit of Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research (VIMSAR), Burla this morning creating panic among the patients and the attendants.
VIMSAR Superintendent Jayashree Dora said the fire was caused due to short circuit in the panel board of the battery room. The fire brigade was immediately informed about the incident and the fire was extinguished,” she said. Fire Brigade sources said as many as 15 batteries and two UPS and the panel board were damaged in the fire. ‘ The WESCO official, the Superintendent said has already started the work adding that normalcy would be restored soon.
The Dialysis unit would function only after the panel board was replaced. Although there were no causalities but property worth lakhs gutted in the incident, sources said. The patients and their attendants of the High Dependency Unit (HDU) and the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of VIMSAR first noticed smoke emitting out from the dialysis unit and informed the security guards and other staff of the hospital who later informed the fire brigade.