Delhi: Fire breaks out in doctors' hostel of GB Pant Hospital
A fire broke out in the room of the doctors' hostel on the fifth floor of the building. The fire started from an air-conditioner in the room
New Delhi: A fire broke out on the fifth floor of a doctors' hostel in the premises of G B Pant hospital on Monday, Delhi Fire Service said.
However, no injury or casualty was reported, fire officials said.
The fire department said they received a call about the blaze at around 10.30 am after which six fire tenders were rushed to the spot, and by 10:45 pm it was brought under control.
"A fire broke out in the room of the doctors' hostel on the fifth floor of the building. The fire started from an air-conditioner in the room," a senior DFS official said.
A senior official of the hospital also said the fire has occurred on the fifth floor of the doctors' hostel, but no one was injured.
Earlier, Medical Dialogues reported about the fire that broke out in plastic surgery ward of the Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan Hospital in Central Delhi.
Read Also:LNJP Hospital: Fire breaks out in plastic surgery ward
Medical Dialogues had earlier reported about the fire that erupted at the ground floor of the AIIMS Trauma Centre near the operation theatre area, triggering panic among people, including patients.
No casualty has been reported in the incident, AIIMS authorities said.
A personnel from the fire unit of the hospital suffered carbon monoxide poisoning. He was incubated and shifted to main AIIMS, where his condition remains stable, a source had said.
AIIMS administration has instituted an inquiry into the matter to identify the cause of the fire, which is suspected to be due to a short circuit.
According to a source at the hospital, two patients in separate operation theatres (OTs) had undergone surgeries just half an before the fire broke out and were at the OT recovery rooms.