Job Alert: PGI Chandigarh releases 90 Vacancies for Senior Resident, SMO, Demonstrator posts, Details
New Delhi: Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh (PGI or PGI Chandigarh) invited applications for Senior Resident & Jr/Sr Demonstrators in different specialities and Senior Medical Officer (Casualty in Emergency). The eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format on or before 27 May 2019.
The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGI), Chandigarh invites OFFLINE applications from Indian Nationals for recruitment to the tenure posts of Senior Residents & Jr./Sr. Demonstrators in different specialties and Senior Medical Officer (Casualty in Emergency) as per details are given below:
The vacancies are in the Department of Anaesthesia, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, Dermatology, ENT (Otolaryngology), Forensic Medicine, General Surgery, Hospital Administration, Internal Medicine, Medical Microbiology, Nuclear Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Oral Health Science Centre, Orthopaedics, Pathology, Pediatrics, Pharmacology, Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine, Radio-diagnosis, Radiotherapy, Renal Transplant Surgery, Transfusion Medicine, Casualty in Emergency, Biophysics, CSIC, Paediatric Medicine, Radio-diagnosis, Community Medicine & SPH (Nutrition).
Total No. of Vacancies: 90
PGIMER Vacancy Details:
- Sr Resident Anaesthesia – 15
- Sr Resident Anatomy -02
- Sr Resident Biochemistry – 01
- Sr Resident Community Medicine – 01
- Sr Resident Dermatology – 01
- Sr Resident ENT (Otolaryngology) – 02
- Sr Resident Forensic Medicine – 02
- Sr Resident General Surgery – 09
- Sr Resident Hospital Administration – 03
- Sr Resident Internal Medicine – 14
- Sr Resident Medical Microbiology -01
- Sr Resident Nuclear Medicine – 02
- Sr Resident Obst. & Gynae. – 04
- Sr Resident Oral Health Science Centre – 04
- Sr Resident Orthopaedics – 02
- Sr Resident Pathology – 02
- Sr Resident Pediatric – 01
- Sr Resident Pharmacology – 02
- Sr Resident Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine – 02
- Sr Resident Radio-diagnosis – 03
- Sr Resident Radiotherapy – 03
- Sr Resident Renal Transplant Surgery – 05
- Sr Resident Transfusion Medicine – 02
- Senior Medical Officer (Casualty in Emergency) -01
- Biophysics (Senior Demonstrator) -01
- CSIC (Jr./Sr. Demonstrator) – 01
- Paediatric Medicine (Senior Demonstrator) (Non-Medical) – 01
- Radio-diagnosis (Senior Demonstrator) – 02
- Community Medicine & SPH (Junior Demonstrator) (Nutrition) – 01
For more details about Senior Resident, Senior Medical Officer, Senior Demonstrator, Junior Demonstrator Recruitment click on the given link:
Note-1: Eight (8) posts are reserved for Person with Disability category (PWD) (OL-OA) (non-surgical jobs) from amongst the posts of Senior Residents and Senior Medical Officer (Casualty in Emergency) in the departments mentioned at Sr. No.1,2,3,4,5,7,9,10,11,12,16,17,18, 19, 20,21, 23 and 24) and Sr.No.14 (OHSC) reserved for OL, HH categories.
The candidates applying under the category of ‘Persons with Disabilities’ are exempted from payment of any application fee.
The application form/challan form will be available on PGI website from 04.05.2019 to _23.05.2019 (11.59 p.m.), after which the link will be disabled. The last date of deposit of application fee in the bank is _27.05.2019.
The last date of receipt of offline application (hard copy) by Speed Post / Regd. Post / Personally in the O/o Administrative Officer, Recruitment Cell, PGI, Chandigarh is 27.05.2019 (up to 04.00 PM).
The candidates willing to apply may visit the Institute website i.e. www.pgimer.edu.in for detailed information viz. application form, fee, age, pay-scale, eligibility, qualification, and experience, etc. The number of posts is subject to variation at the discretion of Competent Authority and PGIMER reserves the right to withdraw any post at any stage.
NOTE-2: Postgraduate Degree i.e. MD/MS possessed by the candidate must be recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Eligibility Criteria for Senior Resident and Other Posts:
- Senior Resident - A Medical qualification included in the first or second schedule or Part-II of the third schedule to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 and A Postgraduate degree i.e. MD/MS in the specialty concerned or its equivalent. FOR DENTISTRY (OHSC):- A recognized Dental qualification included in the Part-I or Part-III of the schedule to the Dentistry Act, 1948 (person possessing qualifications included in Part-I or specified in the sub-section (1) and (2) or (4) of Section 10 of the Dentist Act, 1948). Must be registered with Dental Council of India. A Postgraduate qualification viz. MDS in the speciality concerned.
- Senior Medical Officer (Casualty in Emergency):- A Medical qualification included in the first or second schedule or Part-II of the third schedule to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 and Postgraduate qualification is MD/MS (Medicine/Surgery).
- Senior Demonstrator (Non-Medical) - M.Sc. in subject concerned. Ph.D. in the subject concerned/allied subject.
- Junior Demonstrator - M.Sc. in the subject concerned.
- Junior Demonstrator (Nutrition) - M.A./M.Sc. in Nutrition or Applied Nutrition/MPH.
Upper Age Limit: Age limit for all posts is 37 years (relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates). The age relaxation for Persons with Disabilities would be ten years (additional 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC). The candidates who have completed three years tenure of Senior Residency or have done DM/M.Ch are not eligible for the post of Senior Resident.
Senior Resident and Senior Medical Officer: Level-11 in Pay Matrix with a minimum of Rs.67,700/- + NPA.
Sr. Demonstrator (Medical): Level-11 in Pay Matrix with a minimum of Rs.67,700/- + NPA.
Sr. Demonstrator (Non-Medical): Level-10 in Pay Matrix with a minimum of Rs.56,100/-.
Jr. Demonstrator (Medical): Level-06 in Pay Matrix with a minimum of Rs.35,400/- + NPA.
Jr. Demonstrator (Non-Medical): Level-06 in Pay Matrix with a minimum of Rs.35,400/-.
SC/ST: Rs. 500/-
For all others: Rs.1000/-
For Persons with Disabilities: NIL
Method of Selection: