A recent case study published in the American Journal of Case Reports describes the case of unintentional isopropanol poisoning through transdermal absorption delayed by weekly hemodialysis in a 67-year-old lady.
Isopropanol poisoning is the most often reported hazardous alcohol consumption in the United States, and emergency physicians are well aware of it. The majority of toxicities are caused by unintended ingestion of rubbing alcohol; nevertheless, transdermal absorption is an under-recognized form of unintentional toxicity. Furthermore, hemodialysis effectively eliminates isopropanol and its metabolites from circulation, thus toxicity can be delayed in individuals getting frequent hemodialysis.
For more details, check out the full story on the link below: