Eases the gap for emergency help to improve survival rates
Busy streets and thick traffic of Mumbai has led to a whopping ratio of 92 per 10,000 vehicles accidents on the road. This is just one scenario in Mumbai, which reasons out the recent initiative by the Fortis Hospital to launch a centralized emergency number, to reach out to those in dire need of medical help. The Emergency Number 022-4111 4111 will attend to urgent medical queries on road accidents, workplace mishaps, natural calamities etc and the line is now operational; just recently launched on June 28 , 2015.
Aimed at strengthening the medical emergency network, those reaching out on the emergency number will be provided paramedical help, that is, enroute to the hospital, and also help in directing the services to the nearest Fortis Hospital location. The emergency number will provide service across all Fortis Hospitals in Mumbai including Mulund, Vashi, Mahim and Kalyan facilities.
A strong communication system set under international protocols, backed by the capacity of a skilled team in Fortis Healthcare will strive to deliver the best in emergency care. A team of specially trained doctors and nurses are made available round the clock. Imposing strict infection control measures by the trained manpower is another medical practice under this emergency service.
Fortis’ Emergency Number will provide few services such as:
- Life Support ambulances equipped with advanced medical technology, including invasive and non-invasive ventilation facility
- A Response Team withstanding with you 24×7:
- Trained manpower to skillfully handle the critically ill patients
- Trained nursing staff to impart the use of Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Ensuring stringent implementation of ambulance with fully-equipped emergency medical kit consisting of lifesaving medicines and equipment