New Delhi: The Resident Doctors Association of Hindu Rao Hospital yesterday, launched a black band protest in order to highlight the apathy that the administration has shown to the welfare of the doctors working with the institute
A number of logical demands were highlighted by the doctors during the protest. Most prominently the doctors associated with the Hospital raised their voice against the growing violence at the workplace as well as security threats that they are facing towards them.
The doctors in the protest also raised different issues including the following
- Doctors with the hopsital have not received arrears under seventh pay commission
- They are not paid timely remunerations
- Doctors alleged the authorities of not conducting interviews of senior resident/junior resident regularly.
- The doctors also highlighted against the overload of work because of which they work for more than 48 hours in a week.
- The doctors raised their voice regarding the infrastructure of the premises where they lack security; there is no proper availability of drinking water, non-availability of medicines during an emergency and also regarding the library which is not accessible to the students for 24 hours.
Doctors informed that if the hospital administration and Municipal Corporation did not take cognizance of demands then they will have to resort for the longer strike.