BAMS, BHMS Admissions 2023 In Odisha: Know Eligibility Criteria, Schedule, Counselling Procedure, Fee, All Details Here
Odisha : The Counselling and Admission Process for BAMS/BHMS courses for the 2023-24 session of all the Govt. and Private Ayurvedic and Homoeopathic Colleges of Odisha has begun from today through web-counselling. Candidates interested for admission to BAMS/BHMS must have qualified in NEET-UG - 2023. Only natives of Odisha are eligible for all State Quota seats. All Odisha and out-side...
Odisha : The Counselling and Admission Process for BAMS/BHMS courses for the 2023-24 session of all the Govt. and Private Ayurvedic and Homoeopathic Colleges of Odisha has begun from today through web-counselling.
Candidates interested for admission to BAMS/BHMS must have qualified in NEET-UG - 2023. Only natives of Odisha are eligible for all State Quota seats. All Odisha and out-side Odisha State students are eligible for the All India Quota seats in Private colleges only.
Schedule For First Round Counselling ForAdmission To Bhms/Bams Courses
DATE and TIME
Candidate Registration and Choice Filling Starts
8th September, 2023, 12:00NOON
Display of Mock Seat Allotment based on choices filled-in by the candidates as on
10th September, 2023, 5.00 PM
10th September, 2023, 5:00 PM
Activation of Choice Locking facility
11th September, 2023, 11:00 AM
End of Registration and Choice Locking
11th September, 2023, 11:59 PM
Reconciliation of data, verification and validation of allocated seats.
12th September, 2023
Seat Allotment: Round - 1
Downloading of Provisional Allotment Letter
13th September, 2023 5:00 PM
Reporting at OJEE Cell Gandamunda, Bhubaneswar, for Provisional Admission:
Document verification and Deposit of Admission fees, Exercise of Freeze/ Float Option.
15th September, 2023, 10:00 AM to 16th September, 2023, 5:00 PM
Withdrawal / Exit from Seat Allocation Process
15th September, 2023, 10:00 AM to 20th September, 2023 up to 5:00 PM
The guidelines and schedule for second round of counselling for admission toBHMS/BAMS Courses shall be notified later. For other details please visit: https://ojee.nic.in/
INFORMATION & INSTRUCTIONS FOR COUNSELLING & ADMISSION TO BAMS / BHMS COURSES, 2023-24
Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) Committee, as the State Counselling Authority, will conduct counselling for admission to State Quota Seats of BAMS/BHMS courses in all the Govt. and Private institutions of the State. In addition, as per the new guidelines of the Ministry of Ayush, Govt. of India, OJEE will also conduct counselling for admission against All India Quota (AIQ) seats in the two Private Ayurvedic Colleges, namely,
(i) Sri Sri Nrusinghanath Ayurved College & Research Institute, Paikmal, Bargarh and
(ii) Sri Sri College of Ayurvedic Science and Research Hospital, Arilo, Cuttack.
A. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
1. Candidates interested to participate in the BAMS/BHMS counselling must have qualified in the NEET (UG)-2023 with a valid rank. (In order to be eligible for admission to an undergraduate course for an academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum of marks at 50th percentile in the ‘National Eligibility Entrance Test for the undergraduate course’ held for the said academic year: Provided that in respect of-
(a) candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks shall be at the 40th percentile;
(b) candidates with benchmark disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (49 of 2016), the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile in the case of the General category and 40th percentile in the case of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes.)
2. The candidate must be of at least 17 years of age as on 31.12.2023.
3. For State Quota seats, the parents of the candidate must be permanent natives of Odisha. Every candidate must produce Resident / Nativity certificate (Form No.-III, See Rule-3 of Govt. of Odisha) during certificate verification. However, there will be no requirement for any domicile certificate for allotment and admission in AIQ seats of Private Institutions.
4. Passing marks for eligibility in admission to COURSES OF AYURVEDA, SIDDHA, UNANI & HOMOEOPATHY (ASU&H)-UG courses should be as per the ASU&H-UG regulations and should be followed strictly. The details of qualifications for different categories are as follows:
(a) For ASU- UG Courses -Candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the 10+2 or equivalent examination in the case of general category and 40% Marks in the case of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes.
(b) For Homeopathy-UG Course - Candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology at the 10+2 or equivalent examination in the case of general category and 40% Marks in the case of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes.
(c) In respect of persons with disability as specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (49 of 2016), the minimum qualifying marks in the said qualifying examination as follows: a) shall be 45% in the case of the general category. b) 40% in the case of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes.
B. STEP - BY - STEP PROCEDURE OF COUNSELLING
Step – 1: All the candidates, who are interested to take part in the BHMS/BAMS Counselling-cum-Admission process and who satisfy the above-mentioned eligibility criteria, must register online in the website of OJEE i.e. www.ojee.nic.in by creating their own Username and Password. Only registered candidates will be considered for allotment/ admission.
Step – 2: The candidate has to fill up the online Registration form, fill the choice of preference, lock the choice and may take a print out of the same for his/her own future reference. During registration, candidate must pay an amount of Rs. 1000/- online as non-refundable counselling/registration fee. A detailed explanation of the process of choice filling and locking is given in the Section E: Choice Filling and Locking.
Step – 3: The candidates, who get provisional allotment in the first round, have to deposit, as part-admission fee, an amount of Rs 5000/- online in the candidate’s login portal. Candidates have to pay the differential amount during admission at their respective institutes.
Step – 4: The candidates, who get provisional allotment, after choice filling, have to (a) pay the part-admission fees of Rs.5000/- (Rupees Five Thousand only) through online in candidates login id (b) have to exercise the option of freeze or float and (c) to report at OJEE Cell Gandamunda Bhubaneswar, Odisha as per the schedule date and time for document verification and provisional admission. Section C: List of Documents required to be verified during document verification at OJEE Cell, Gandamunda, Bhubaneswar. In case the candidate does not report to OJEE Cell for verification of documents and provisional admission the allotted seat will be cancelled and the candidate may participate in 2nd round as per the 2nd round guideline.
All the allotted candidates have to follow mandatorily (a), (b) and (c), else the allotment will be cancelled.
All the seats shall be allotted strictly on the basis of eligibility, filled choices and merit.
C. LIST OF DOCUMENTS
Candidates must bring the following original certificates /documents during reporting at OJEE Cell, Gandamunda for document verification and provisional admission. Along with original set, one set photocopy must be produced during document verification.
i. 10th board certificate and mark sheet
ii. +2 Sc. pass certificate and mark sheet
iii. College/School leaving certificate
iv. Nativity/Resident certificate of Odisha (Form–III, See Rule-3 of Govt. of Odisha)
v. SC/ST Certificate by birth issued by competent authority, Government of Odisha (See Rule-8(I)) (if applicable)
vi. Green Card issued by Family Welfare Department, Government of Odisha. (if applicable)
vii. EWS Certificate issued by competent authority (if applicable) for 202324 financial year will only be accepted.
N.B: 1. Candidates applying under Physically Challenged (PC) or ExServiceman (ES) quota are advised to go through the SectionD: Reservations for details.
2. For availing admission under any types of quota, one should possess Nativity/ Resident Certificate of Odisha and relevant Quota Certificate. Inability to produce the relevant documents during the period of document verification will lead to cancellation of the allotted seat under that claimed quota.
3. There will be no requirement for any domicile certificate for allotment and admission in AIQ seats of Private Institutions.
1. State Quota Seats The reservation policy of the Government of Odisha will be followed for selection. The reservations for different categories shall be as follows:
Scheduled Tribe (ST) 12%, Scheduled Caste (SC) 8%, Physically Challenged (PC) 5%, Ex-Servicemen (ES) 3%, Green Card Holders (GC) 5% and Economically Weaker Section (EWS) (10 %), wherever applicable.
i. The ST/SC candidates must produce caste certificates from Odisha State only to get the privilege of reservation in the category in Odisha. (Vide GoI letter No. BC/16014/1/82 /SC & BCD/ Dated 22.02.1985) and they must be permanent natives of Odisha.
II. Candidates claiming reservation under PC category must have valid UDID and have to undergo test by Medical Board constituted at SCB Medical College, Cuttack for the purpose in schedule date and time. No other certificate will be entertained. Candidates with disability of 40% and above shall be considered for reservation. Candidate must be permanent native of Odisha. The dates for the Medical Board will be notified in the OJEE website. i
ii. Regarding reservation under Ex-Serviceman (ES) category, names of valid candidates will be submitted by Rajya Sainik Board directly to OJEE. Only these candidates are eligible to avail ES quota. So, candidates should contact Rajya Sainik Board (RSB) for their names to be recommended within the scheduled date and time. Candidates of parents continuing in defense service are not eligible for reservation under this category.
iv. Candidates claiming reservation under Green Card must produce original green cards of their parents issued by Government of Odisha only. They must not have taken the privilege of it before. The date of birth & name in the card must match exactly with that in HSC certificate. In case of mismatch, the candidates must submit affidavit for correction, failing which, their claim in GC category will be rejected and they shall be considered in the Unreserved category only. Also, such candidates must be permanent natives of Odisha.
v. Candidates who wish to claim seats under Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) category have to mention the same during registration and have to produce valid EWS Certificates as per relevant Government notification.
vi. If sufficient number of candidates are not available in any Reserved category, the vacant seats of the category will merge with that in the Unreserved category. This will be done following proper procedure as per the Government guidelines.
2. AIQ Seats
All AIQ UG seats of Private Institutes are open in nature. However, category-wise relaxation in qualifying criterion shall be provided.
E. CHOICE LOCKING AFTER REGISTRATION
1. LOGIN TO YOUR PAGE BY THE CORRECT USER ID (YOUR NEET UG--2023 APPLICATION NUMBER) AND PASSWORD (THAT YOU HAVE GENERATED).
2. PLEASE READ TOP MENU BUTTONS OF THE PAGE OPENED.
3. AMONG MANY BUTTONS, CLICK “AVAILABLE CHOICES”.
4. YOU CAN SEE THE LIST OF CHOICES THAT YOU ARE GOING TO SELECT.
5. TO EXCERCISE YOUR CHOICES, CLICK “FILL CHOICES”.
6. LEFT WINDOW SHOWS THE AVAILABLE CHOICES.
7. YOU CAN SELECT THE OPTION OF YOUR PREFERENCE. “FIRST SELECT THE BEST CHOICE AND THEN SUBSEQUENTLY SECOND PREFERENCE AND SO ON”
8. CHOICE, YOU SELECT, WILL BE DISPLAYED ON RIGHT WIDOW.
9. IN THE RIGHT WINDOW, VERIFY THE ORDER OF YOUR FILLED CHOICES AS PER YOUR PREFERENCE.
10. MAKE ANY CHANGES TO THE FILLED CHOICES TO EXERCISE CORRECT PRFERENCE YOU WANT.
11. USE “SAVE AND CONTINUE” AS MANY TIMES TO SAVE THE JOB YOU ARE DOING.
12. AFTER COMPLETION, IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE CHOICES FILLED CLICK “SAVE AND EXIT”. IN THIS PAGE ON TOP MENU, “LOCK CHOICE” OPTION IS ALSO AVAILABLE. YOU CAN USE ANY OF THE ABOVE TWO OPTIONS TO GO TO A NEW PAGE
13. IN THE NEW PAGE OPENED, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE THE LIST OF CHOICES FILLED BY YOU IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE. N.B: DO NOT LOCK THE CHOICES UNLESS YOU ARE COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH THE ORDER OF YOUR FILLED CHOICES. BEFORE LOCKING, YOU CAN FILL AND MODIFY THE CHOICES AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WISH TO DO.
14. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH THE CHOICES SELECTED AND YOU WANT TO LOCK, THEN ON THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE, YOU WILL FIND OPTION “LOCK”. CLICK THERE.
• IF YOU ARE OPTING “BACK” TO MODIFY THE CHOICES, YOU MAY GO BACK, REARRANGE AND MODIFY THE CHOICES. 15. LOCKING THE CHOICES: WHEN CHOICE LICKING IS ENABLED CHOICES GIVEN BY THE CANDIDATE CAN BE LOCKED BY HIS/HER PASSWORD.
16. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO LOCK YOUR CHOICES DUE TO SOME REASON, YOUR LAST FILLED CHOICE SHALL BE AUTOMATICALLY LOCKED IN THE SERVER AT THE TIME OF CLOSING OF CHOICE FILLING/LOCKING.
17. CLICK THE “PRINT” OPTION TO TAKE PRINT OF THIS PAGE FOR YOUR REFERENCE. • LOCKING IS ONE TIME FACILITY. DO NOT TRY TO LOCK BEFORE YOU HAVE FINALISED THE PREFERENCE OF CHOICES.
• FACILITY FOR UNLOCKING THE LOCKED CHOICE IS NOT AVAILABLE.
F. PROCEDURE FOR ONLINE ALLOTMENT
FIRST ROUND OF ALLOTMENT
1. In the first round, all registered candidates are provisionally allotted seats basing on their merit (NEET Rank) and choices exercised. Reservations shall be considered as per candidate’s declaration during registration.
2. After provisional allotment, these candidates have to deposit, as part admission fee, an amount of Rs 5000/- online in the candidate’s login portal, exercise the option of ‘freeze’ or ‘float’, report at OJEE Cell for document verification and provisional admission. Detail document required are listed in Section C: List of Documents.
3. Candidates, who have paid the admission fees, exercised their option as freeze/float and successfully get their documents verified, are considered for provisional admission as per their allotted category and sub-category.
4. Candidates who do not complete the steps as defined in (2) above, are disqualified and will not be considered for admission process.
5. Candidates who fail to produce relevant documents for their category or sub- category they have claimed, will be disqualified of their temporary allotment and will be considered as general candidate in the subsequent round of allotment and the candidate have to fill choice fresh in 2nd round. WITHDRAWAL Any candidate, who, for any reason, wants to withdraw from the process or wants to resign from the allotted seat, can do so within the stipulated date for ‘withdrawal’ as notified in the schedule.
Any candidate, who, for any reason, wants to withdraw from the process or wants to resign from the allotted seat, can do so within the stipulated date for ‘withdrawal’ as notified in the schedule.
SECOND ROUND COUNSELLING
1. This round will start with registration for candidates not registered earlier.
2. Candidates who have not allotted any seat in 1st round, candidate allotted a seat but not reported have to fill choices fresh to be considered for the 2nd round allotment process.
3. Candidates who have allotted a seat and done all the formalities of reporting by making freeze/float have not to do anything in this round. Candidates exercised option as float will be upgraded based on their rank, choice filled and subjected to the availability of the seats.
4. Candidates, who do not make online fee payment and/or do not comply with the online document verification process after first round allotment, will be treated as not reported case.
5. Candidates, who get fresh allotment in this round, must make online fee payment and complete the reporting process by reporting at OJEE cell, complete document verification process as explained before.
FINAL ALLOTMENT LETTER
If at the end of 2nd round of counseling, vacancy still exists due to any reason, upgradation / internal sliding among existing candidates, who have given willingness as to be in “float” option will be processed. After this, candidates can download their Final Allotment Letter and they will be advised to report at respective institutes.
If any vacancy arises after reporting of candidates in allotted Institutes, Spot Counseling will be conducted. Procedure and schedule for spot counseling will be notified later.
G. DETAILS OF SEATS AVAILABLE FOR OJEE COUNSELLING
|Seat Position for BAMS : 2023-24|
|Name of the College||Total Intake Capacity||No. of Seats to be filled through OJEE counselling|
|State Quota Seats||AIQ Seats|
|Govt. Ayurvedic Colleges|
|Gopabandhu Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Puri||64 (including EWS||53|
|Government Ayurvedic College, Bolangir||75 (including EWS)||64|
|Kaviraj Ananta Tripathy Sharma Ayurvedic College & Hospital, Ankushpur, Ganjam (KATS)||53 (including EWS)||45|
|Private Ayurvedic Colleges|
|Sri Sri Nrusinghnath Ayurvedic College & Research Institute, Paikmal, Bargarh||60||51||9|
|Sri Sri College of Ayurvedic Science and Research Hospital, Sri Vihar, Bidyadharpur, Arilo, Cuttack||100||85||15|
|Seat Position for BHMS : 2023-24|
|Name of the College||Total Intake Capacity||No. of Seats to be filled through OJEE counselling|
|Govt. Homoeopathic Medical Colleges|
|Dr. Abhina Chandra Hom. Med. College & Hospital, Bhubaneswar||63 (including EWS)||53|
|Utkalamani Homeopathic Med. College & Hospital, Rourkela||31 (including EWS)||26|
|Odisha Medical College of Homoeop. & Research, Sambalpur||31 (including EWS)||26|
|Biju Pattnaik Homeo. Medical College & Hospital, Berhampur||31 (including EWS)||26|
Candidates are advised to contact individual Institutes to ascertain their Fee Structure, while filling and locking choices. Fee structure will be displayed in OJEE website as and when information on the matter is obtained from the appropriate authorities. (TO BE UPDATED)
Medical Board for Physically Challenged (PC) Candidates (MBBS/BDS 3rd Round & BAMS/BHMS)
Medical Board for Physically Challenged (PC) Candidates (MBBS/BDS 3rd Round & BAMS/BHMS) State domicile Physically Challenged (PC) Category Candidates having valid NEET- UG 2023 Ranks, BAMS/BHMS and 3rd round of MBBS/BDS interested to take admission under PC category in courses of BAMS/BHMS & MBBS/BDS of Govt and Private colleges of the State required to attend the Medical Board at LT – II, SCB Medical College, Cuttack on 08.09.2023 at 10.00 AM positively.
Candidates are required to bring their PWD ID (Unique Disability ID) issued by the appropriate Authority/ Admit card/ Rank Card and Photo Identity Card to the Medical Board. Candidates must report at the Board by 9.30 AM with masks, personal sanitisers etc. and maintain social distance and discipline.
The decision of the Medical Board is final and binding. Admission to PC category will be made only as per the recommendations of this Board.
Candidates failed to attend the Medical Board on schedule date shall not be considered under Physically Challenged (PC) category.
CANDIDATES APPLYING UNDER EX-SERVICEMEN CATEGORY FOR MBBS/BDS & BAMS/BHMS COURSES
Odisha Native candidates of Ex-Servicemen Category, who have qualified in NEET (UG) – 2023 and wish to take part in OJEE counselling under Ex-Servicemen (ES) category for admission in MBBS/BDS & BAMS/BHMS Courses of Govt and Private colleges of the State are advised to report to Rajya Sainik Board, Odisha at IRC Village, Nayapalli, Bhubaneswar on 8th September. Candidates are required to bring to the ES Board, their Admit Card, Rank Card, Photo Identity proof and other documents related to service of parents. Decision of the ES Board is final and binding. Admission to ES category will be made only as per the recommendations of this Board. The list of eligible candidates shall be displayed in OJEE website in due time. For other details, please login to website, www.ojee.nic.in / www.odishajee.com.
To view the official Notices, Click here : https://medicaldialogues.in/pdf_upload/2023090642-218698.pdf