TN Health Invites Online Applications For BAMS, BSMS, BHMS Courses, know complete details here
Tamil Nadu: Tamil Nadu Health (TN Health) has invited online applications for BSMS, BAMS, and BHMS courses for All India Quota Seats in Government IM&H Medical Colleges and Seats Surrendered to the Government In Self–Financing IM&H Medical Colleges, and Management Quota Seats In Self-Financing IM & H Medical Colleges. The last date for submission of the filled-in application...
Tamil Nadu: Tamil Nadu Health (TN Health) has invited online applications for BSMS, BAMS, and BHMS courses for All India Quota Seats in Government IM&H Medical Colleges and Seats Surrendered to the Government In Self–Financing IM&H Medical Colleges, and Management Quota Seats In Self-Financing IM & H Medical Colleges.
The last date for submission of the filled-in application is 25.08.2023 up to 5.30 PM. Application forms can be downloaded/accessed from the following official website: www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in.
Filled in the application form with all relevant documents prescribed may be delivered in person or by Registered post / Courier Service / Speed post before 5.30 P.M. on 25.08.2023 to –
The Secretary, Selection Committee, Directorate of Indian Medicine & Homoeopathy, Arignar Anna Government Hospital of Indian Medicine Campus, Arumbakkam, Chennai – 600 106.
Application fee –
1. Management Quota Seats In Self-Financing IM & H Medical Colleges – Rs 1000
2. In Government IM&H Medical Colleges And Seats Surrendered To Government In Self–Financing IM&H Medical Colleges – Rs 500
3. All India Quota Seats – Rs 1000
The admission will be solely based on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-Cum-Entrance Test (NEET (UG) – 2023) conducted by NTA.
As per the prevailing regulations, the seat matrices for admission in the Self-Financing Institutions shall be fifteen percent for the All India Quota and eighty-five percent for the States Quota for the academic year 2023 - 2024. Further Apportionment of seats between Government and Management of Self–Financing Minority and Non-Minority IM & H Colleges will be as per existing State policy and NCISM / NCH Regulations. The seat matrices for admission in the Self Financing Institutions shall be 15% for the All India Quota and 85% for the State Quota for the academic year 2023 – 2024. The seat matrices for admission in the Self-Financing Institutions shall be fifteen percent for the All India Quota for the academic year 2023 - 2024.
Attested Photostat copies of the required documents alone should be sent. Original Certificates should not be enclosed. Incomplete applications and applications received after the due date will be summarily rejected.
Rank / Merit list of the eligible candidates, counseling schedule, etc., will be posted on the following website: www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in. The Application Registration Number (A.R. No.) will appear in the Rank / Merit List.
1. Candidate should be a citizen of India
2. Candidates should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or should complete that age on or before 31st December of 2023, and there is no upper age limit.
3. In order to be eligible for admission to BSMS / BAMS / BHMS Degree courses for this academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain a minimum of marks at the 50th Percentile in NEETUG-2023. However, in respect of candidates belonging to BC /BC(M) / MBC / DC / SC / SCA/ ST, the minimum marks shall be at the 40th Percentile in NEETUG-2023. In respect of candidates with Persons with Benchmark disabilities alone, the minimum marks shall be at the 45th Percentile for General Category candidates and 40th Percentile for BC /BC(M) / MBC / DC / SC / SCA/ ST candidates in NEET UG-2023.
4. The candidate should have studied in Tamil medium up to X or XII Standard, or The candidate should have studied Tamil as a subject up to X or XII Standard, or The candidate must be prepared to pursue the study of Tamil Language as a subject during the First professional course of B.S.M.S. course, to become eligible to take the other subjects examination of the BSMS Course.
5. Candidates native of other states will be considered as Open Category, and they should fulfill the eligibility criteria of Open Category (OC) as per NCISM norms.
1. Candidates who have passed H. Sc. in Vocational Stream or who have passed PreUniversity Course in Tamil Nadu.
2. The selection and admission of candidates of other than those in clause 3 (iii) will be provisional subject to recognition of the qualifying examination by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University under which the candidate gets admitted. In case, the recognition is not accorded for the admission of the candidate on any grounds, the provisional admission will not entitle the candidate for the continuance of the course and the admission will be canceled.
3. Candidates presently pursuing the B.S.M.S. / B.A.M.S. / B.H.M.S. / B.U.M.S. Courses are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply for the same Course during this academic year.
Duration of course –
5 1/2 years of study, including a one-year Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship.
Method of selection and admission –
1. The admission shall be made on the basis of the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test NEET UG-2023 score and NEET Rank.
2. Rank List of the eligible candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in NEET UG-2023, and candidates shall be admitted to the above courses from the said rank list only.
3. A separate rank list shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET-UG 2023 ) for B.S.M.S. / B.A.M.S. / B.U.M.S. / B.H.M.S. Courses for the academic year 2023 -2024 for the Special Categories as well as the 7.5% seats allocated for the candidates seeking admission under the Tamil Nadu Admission to Undergraduate Courses in Medicine, Dentistry, Indian Medicine and Homeopathy on preferential basis to students of Government Schools Act, 2020 (Tamil Nadu Act No.34 of 2020). Further, all admissions on a preferential basis (7.5%) to Govt. School students and admissions for Special categories will be on a horizontal reservation basis.
4. In government colleges, the selection will be made on a merit basis and by counseling, applying the rule of reservation as laid down by the Government of Tamil Nadu. BC / BCM / MBC / DNC / SC / SCA / ST candidates are also eligible for selection under open competition as per merit in addition to the reservation made for them as per their communities.
5. All selections and admissions for BSMS / BAMS / BHMS Courses are only provisional. The Selection and admission are liable to be canceled at any time as and when the eligibility conditions are found to be defective or incorrect or of any suppression of facts deliberately or otherwise. The right of allotment to BSMS / BAMS / BHMS courses and Colleges is vested totally with the Selection Committee.
6. Selection will be made based on the NEET UG-2023 score and by following Single Window System during counseling. The counseling schedule will be available only on the official website: www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in.
7. Candidates should attend the counseling session as per the schedule and as per their rank.
8. Seat under All India Quota (AIQ) will be open in nature, and there shall not be any requirement for a domicile in a particular State / UT or passing of 10+2 in a particular State / UT.
9. Candidates should produce all the original documents at the time of counseling for verifying the Self-attested Photo Copies.
10. One of the Parents or guardians will be allowed to accompany the candidate to attend the counseling, and they should make their own arrangements for attending the counseling session.
11. Candidates will be called for counseling as per their rank, and they may exercise their option as per their eligibility norms mentioned in the Prospectus.
12. Option, once exercised during counseling, will be final and cannot be changed.
13. Any remaining unfilled seats for want of the adequate number of eligible candidates belonging to SCA communities shall be filled by candidates belonging to the SC community other than Arunthathiyars as per merit and vice versa.
14. Any remaining reserved seats in the ST quota for want of the adequate number of eligible candidates belonging to the ST community shall be allotted to candidates belonging to the SC community as per merit.
15. Any remaining unfilled seats in the BCM Community for want of the adequate number of eligible candidates after exhausting the merit list shall be filled up on a merit basis by candidates belonging to the BC community without exceeding the quota for the BC community as a whole.
16. The vacancies arising after the All India Quota Counselling will be converted into State Quota, and it will be filled by the State Government as per the rules and policies of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
17. Counselling for Special Categories and all admissions on a 7.5% preferential basis to Government School students will be done prior to the General Category Counselling.
18. Candidates who fail to attend the First Phase of counseling at the specified date and time will not be permitted to attend the subsequent phases of counseling.
19. Individual requests for transfer of College or change, of course, will not be entertained after allotment of seat is made during the same phase of counseling.
20. A candidate is eligible for Re-allotment only during the subsequent phase of counseling based on rank, and one should have joined the Self Financing college to which one was allotted under Management Quota during the earlier phase of counseling.
21. There will be no re-allotment / change of college for candidates allotted under the Special Category. The candidates allotted seats under 7.5% preferential allotment to Government school students will not be allowed for General counseling.
22. The vacancies arising after the first phase of counseling will be filled up from the waiting list through counseling.
23. Counselling / Allotment for the seats newly created due to the provision of seat matrix after the commencement of first phase counseling by the Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University or due to the orders / interim orders passed by the Honourable High Court Madras after the commencement of 1st phase counseling will be done ONLY during the 2nd phase of counseling but within the cut-off date for UG Courses admission as laid down by the regulatory bodies, i.e., NCISM/CCIM & NCH/ CCH / Ministry of AYUSH.
24. If a candidate opts out of / is not willing to take any seat when seats are available in the particular course at the time of his / her counseling, then he/she will not be eligible for the same seat in that particular course at any point of time later for whatsoever reason.
25. Candidates getting an allotment, for any other reasons, at a later date after the counseling is over will be given a seat in the existing vacancies available in any one of the colleges, irrespective of their merit or marks.
26. Re-allotment for the vacancies arising due to the nonjoining of the candidates will be done on a merit basis subject to the availability of sufficient time before the cutoff date as prescribed by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai / Ministry of AYUSH / Government of India.
27. Re-allotment will be available only for those who have joined the course within the stipulated time.
28. The candidates who have been allotted seats and failed to join the Course within the stipulated time are not eligible to attend the subsequent phases of Counselling for the academic year 2023 - 2024. This is applicable to all phases of counseling.
29. Not joined/discontinued Candidates, after receiving allotment, are not eligible for further phases of counseling.
Tuition fee per annum -
1. Management Quota seats in Self Financing Colleges - Rs.250000 Per Annum
2. Self-Financing Medical Colleges – Rs 125000
3. All India Quota seats in Self Financing Colleges - Rs.125000
The candidates who are selected at the time of counseling (Under Management Quota Seats in Self-Financing IM & H College) and All India Quota seats shall remit a non-refundable sum of Rs.25000 as Cash, compulsorily at the time of receipt of the allotment orders.
Seats at the time of counseling against Government surrendered Seats in Self-Financing IM & H Medical College shall remit a non-refundable sum of Rs.10000 in Cash only at the time of receipt of the allotment orders.
All the candidates attending IM & H UG courses and All India Quota seats counseling for Management Quota seats should remit a non-refundable amount of Rs.1000 as Cash, towards the processing fee for Counselling before signing the attendance register meant for participating in the counseling.
All the candidates attending IM & H UG courses counseling will have to remit a non-refundable amount of Rs.500 in Cash only as a processing fee for Counselling even before signing the Attendance Register to participate in the counseling.
To view the notices, click on the links below –
Debmitra has completed her certified course in content writing from ETC Delhi in 2020. She has 3 years of experience into content writing. She joined Medical Dialogues in 2021 and covers educational news.