COVID 19: AIIMS asks its students to follow Social Distancing during exams
New Delhi: The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is making all efforts to conduct the entrance examinations within the framework of directives and advisories of the Government of India with regards to Covid-19. The examination shall be conducted with adequate measures for the safety of all concerned without compromising the high standards, sanctity, and fairness in the conduct of the examination.
A number of new measures and modification of in-practice procedures have been made in this regard. The success of these measures requires active commitment from all stakeholders including AIIMS, industry partner, and most importantly the candidates.
On behalf of AIIMS, kindly read the following carefully so that together we can conduct the examination in a safe and secure manner during this challenging time:
1. The city for Examination: To minimize the need for travel by the candidates, the examination for five academic courses to be held on Thursday 11th June 2020 shall now be conducted in more than 150 cities in our Country. Implementation of norms of social distancing also means 50% less candidates per available centre. Within the constraints of logistics, all efforts are being made to allocate cities opted by the candidates.
2. Admit Card: The admit card has been modified. It will contain a declaration related to Covid-19. Please note that no-one shall be denied permission to appear for the examination, unless it violates the directives/advisories of Government (Central/State) effective on the day of examination in relation to COVID-19 and instructions mentioned in Prospectus and Admit Card for the same. The admit card shall have a barcode for touch-free entry.
3. Social Distancing Norms and Personal Safety at Centre: The norms of social distancing shall be strictly followed at the time of entry into examination centre, registration, seating in the examination hall, and exit after the examination. All candidates are requested to cooperate in this regard for mutual safety.
a. Staggered Time Entry: The entry of the candidates into the examination centre shall be time-staggered to avoid crowding. The time window for entry for each candidate shall be messaged/emailed to the candidates.
b. Barcode Scanning: The entry shall be done through scanning of barcode at the entry gates. The scanning shall be performed by candidates themselves without any physical contact with any personnel or device. The allocated examination room/lab/hall shall be made known to the candidates during barcode scanning.
c. Hand hygiene: All candidates shall be required to follow hand-hygiene procedure at entry, registration, and in the examination hall.
d. Face mask: All candidates are required to wear a face mask. Fresh 3-ply surgical masks will be made available at the entry point after the first instance of hand-sanitization.
Candidates are free to avail the facility.
e. Care of personnel belonging: Kindly read instructions in prospectus/admit card and do not bring prohibited items to the examination centre.
f. Covid-19 self-declaration: Based on Covid-19 related self-declaration, the candidates will be directed to designated examination halls/rooms/lab
g. Registration Desk: One registration desk for about 30 candidates shall be operational. At the registration desk, candidates' face shall be captured by the camera.
The candidate shall sanitize the left thumb with alcohol-based sanitizer before and after marking attendance. The best process of marking attendance with all due sanitization and social distancing measures has been adopted at the Examination Centre . Avoid crowding and rushing for anything. The person on Examination Duty will take care of all needs.
h. Photograph: Candidates are NOT required to bring photograph.
i. ID card: The ID shall be verified at the registration desk and its image shall be captured for record and subsequent verification as required at any stage.
j. Sanitization of computer node: One-day prior to the examination, the seat, desk, keyboard, mouse, and other components on the desk shall be sanitized. Candidates can further sanitize the same with sanitizers that will be made available in the examination lab/room/hall.
k. Social distancing: The seating plan shall ensure a vacant seat between candidates such that candidates are seated at least 6 feet apart.
4. Trouble-shooting: The staff of the centre shall be available for trouble-shooting of the technical glitches, if it arises. The supporting staff shall follow all prescribed norms for safety and hygiene.
5. Washroom facility: The washroom shall be sanitized as per guidelines and all candidates shall be required to follow hand-sanitization before and after washroom break.
6. Bottled water: bottled water shall be made available to all candidates. Candidates must follow due precaution during the consumption of water and disposal of an empty bottle.
7. Exit and Submission of Admit Card: After the completion of the examination, all candidates are required for follow instructions of the Person on Examination Duty of the centre for staggered time exit and submission of admit card. All candidates must drop the admit card in ballot-type boxes kept at specific locations in the examination centre.
8. CCTV surveillance: The complete duration of the examination beginning with entry and ending with exit shall be monitored with CCTV and live streaming.
AIIMS wish you good health and solicit your cooperation for the smooth, safe, and secure conduct of the entrance examination.
All The Best.