DNB broad speciality, Post MBBS, Diploma 2021: TN Health releases schedule, eligibility criteria, fee, application process, details
Chennai: The Directorate of Medical Education (DME) Tamil Nadu, TN Health has invited online applications from eligible candidates for admission to DNB broad speciality, Post MBBS, and Post Diploma Courses 2021-2022 in this academic year.
All the concerned candidates who are intending to pursue DNB courses from Tamil Nadu based hospitals and institutes are hereby advised to check out the schedule, eligibility criteria, application procedure and fee details mentioned below to avoid any confusion while applying for the courses.
The online registration has already begun and is open till 10.12.2021 05:00 PM. The Last date for receipt of printout of online application is 14.12.2021 05:00 PM.
To apply, click here: https://dnb21reg.tnmedicalonline.co.in/
Date of Notification
Date of Commencement of online application
29.11.2021 12:00 Noon
Last date for online submission of application along with scanned soft copy of the necessary documents
10.12.2021 upto 05:00 P.M.
Last date for receipt of filled-in online application (Hard copy)
14.12.2021 upto 05:00 P.M.
Address to which the filled-in application along with enclosures are to be sent
THE SECRETARY, SELECTION COMMITTEE, 162, PERIYAR E.V.R. HIGH ROAD, KILPAUK, CHENNAI – 600 010.
Tentative date of declaration of Rank
Will be notified later
Tentative dates for counselling
Will be notified later
Commencement of courses
Will be notified later
- The online submission of Application form for admission to DNB Broad Speciality Post MBBS and Post Diploma and post MBBS 2 year diploma Courses 2021 session can be accessed from the following websites:
- Any change or modification and relevant information pertaining to this admission process will be made available on the websites mentioned above.
- The candidates are instructed to check the websites frequently for updates from the date of submission of application till the end of the admission process. The Selection Committee will not be responsible for the consequences resulting due to non-diligent follow-up of notices, notification and publications appearing on the official websites regarding the admissions
- Candidates are advised to read the prospectus carefully before filling the online application form and ensure that no mandatory column is left blank. In the event of rejection of the application form, no correspondence and request for re-consideration will be entertained.
- Candidates are advised to read the hand book for admission to DNB Broad Specialty Courses including direct 6 years courses (Post MBBS) 2021 admission and hand book for admission to DNB Broad Specialty Post MBBS and Post Diploma and Post MBBS 2 years Diploma Courses 2021 session and visit the web site: natboard.edu.in regarding detailed qualifying criteria and for further information.
1.(a) (i) service candidates are eligible to apply for Post MBBS and Post Diploma and Post MBBS 2 years Diploma DNB Broad Specialty Courses 2021 session for state quota seats as per letter Reference No.NBE/ACCR/Seat matrix/2020/1600 dated 02.06.2020.
(ii) Candidates seeking admission to DNB Broad Specialty Post MBBS and Post Diploma and Post MBBS 2 years Diploma Courses 2021 session can access / download the application from the websites: www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in, www.tnmedicalselection.org
(iii) Candidates should submit their filled-in online application form after uploading the details in the required fields. (Details of filling and submission of Application form is available in Annexure - I)
(iv) METHOD OF FEE PAYMENT:
Method of payment of Rs.3000/- (Non-refundable) through Debit Card, Credit
Card/ Net Banking:
- Necessary facilities have been provided for making payment through nationalized banks via bank payment portal.
- Candidates must note that mere deduction of fee from the Bank account is not a proof of fee payment.
- Check the validity of the Debit/Credit Card/ Net banking and keep it ready with you while logging on to the website for submitting application form. Candidate should enter the information asked for and make payment through Debit/ Credit Card.
The candidates can make payment of Rs.3000/- (Non-refundable) towards the cost of application fee through the Demand Draft in favour of the Secretary, Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education, Chennai -10.
(v) Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyar) / Scheduled Tribe candidates of Tamil Nadu native are exempted from payment of the cost of the application.
(vi) Service Candidates should take the print out of the online application form, attach their service particulars and necessary enclosures along with the filled-in online application forms. (Duly certified by the Forwarding Authority with date and seal).
(vii) The last date for submission of online application form will be upto 05:00 P.M. on –10.12.2021, thereafter there is no provision for the candidates to submit their online application form. The entire study period will be treated as study leave. Following approval of permission to be obtained from the head of the Department as per the state rules and norms.
(viii) Submission of print out of filled in online application form received after 05:00 P.M. on 14.12.2021 will be rejected.
(c) Medical Officers working in any Government Institution should get their filled-in online Service Proforma and application form forwarded only through the proper channel with the remarks of the Forwarding Authorities in the format prescribed in the application form. Otherwise the application will be summarily rejected.
(d) Candidates seeking admission under Special Category should submit a separate Special Category Form – I provided in the prospectus and enclose a Photo copy of the recent Medical certificate (within 3 months) issued by the Regional Medical Broad along with the printout of their online application.
(e) If the photocopies of the Medical certificates are not enclosed, then the special category candidates application will be considered under the general category.
(f) The entire study period will be treated as study leave. Following approval and permission from the Head of the Department as per state rules and norms.
2. (a) Candidates should be Citizens of India and should have undergone MBBS course including the entire Compulsory Residential Rotatory Internship (CRRI) period in the State of Tamil Nadu.
(b) Candidates who are Natives of Tamil Nadu and have completed MBBS in other State should furnish their Certificates of Nativity of Tamil Nadu issued by the competent authority and supported by the following documents:
Valid copy of Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, Voter's ID/ Passport, and Proof of Parent's Documents is Mandatory (Aadhar Card and School Certificates)
If copy of the supporting document is not produced, then the application will be summarily rejected.
(c) Candidates seeking admission in DNB Broad Speciality Post MBBS Courses 2021 session, they have to qualify the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test- PG 2021 conducted by the National Board of Examinations.
For admission to Post Diploma course, the candidates should have qualified DNB PD-CET 2021.
Eligibility Criteria for admission to Post Graduate Course
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
Cut-off score (out of 800)
SC/ST/OBC (including person with disability)
General-Persons with Disability
While in Tamil Nadu, the candidates should obtain minimum marks at 50th percentile for the General Category in NEET PG 2021.
However, for the candidates who are natives of Tamilnadu belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Castes (Arunthathiyar), Scheduled Tribes, Backward Classes, Backward Classes (Muslim), Most Backward Classes (Vanniyakula kshatriya), Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities & Most Backward Classes, the minimum marks shall be at 40th percentile in NEET PG 2021.
In respect of candidates with Person with Disability, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile in NEET PG 2021.
(d) Candidates who are completing their Diploma courses (including All India Quota) before 30th November 2020 are eligible to apply for DNB Broad Specialty Post Diploma Courses Courses 2021 session
3. Candidates who have cleared their MBBS Examination and completed/completing the CRRI period on or before 30-09-2021 are only eligible to apply for DNB Broad Specialty Post MBBS Courses 2021 session. However the candidates should possess the Permanent Medical Council Registration Certificate of the States or of India or the provisional Registration Certificate of the Medical Council at the time of the Counselling.
4. Candidates should possess M.B.B.S. / Diploma awarded by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University or any other Universities recognized by the Medical Council of India and the candidates who have qualified from other Universities, except Annamalai University should produce ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE from the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Guindy, Chennai- 600 032 at the time of Counselling.
5. (a) The duration of the DNB Broad Specialty Post MBBS and Post Diploma Courses 2021 session are Three years, whereas for the Diploma Candidates who have undergone two year courses shall be Two years in the same Specialty and Three years in other specialties.
(b) The Post MBBS 2 years Diploma DNB Broad Speciality Course is introduced from this year.
6. (a) Candidates who join a DNB Broad Specialty Post MBBS and Post Diploma and Post MBBS 2 years Diploma Courses 2021 session in any Branch and discontinue the course on any grounds on or after the mop-up round as per guidelines of National Broad of Examinations, are not eligible to apply for subsequent academic year for any DNB Broad Specialty Post MBBS and Post Diploma and Post MBBS 2 years Diploma Courses as per NBE norms. Further the candidate shall be considered as discontinued and should pay the Discontinuation Fee as per Clause 23(c) of this Prospectus.
(b) The candidates who take allotments for DNB Broad Specialty Post MBBS and Post Diploma and Post MBBS 2 years Diploma Courses 2021 session in any branch in the mopup round of counselling must join the courses, if not, they are not eligible to apply for subsequent academic year for any DNB Broad Specialty Post MBBS and Post Diploma and Post MBBS 2 years Diploma Courses session as per NBE norms for 2021. The candidate shall be considered as discontinued and should pay the discontinuation fee as per clause 23(c) of this prospectus.
7. Candidates who are undergoing a Postgraduate Degree / Diploma / DNB courses are not eligible to apply for any DNB Broad Speciality Post MBBS and Post Diploma and Post MBBS 2 years Diploma Courses 2021 session.
8. (a) Candidates who have already completed a Post graduate Degree/ DNB/Equivalent Courses are not eligible to apply for admission to any other DNB Broad Speciality Post MBBS and Post Diploma and Post MBBS 2 years Diploma Courses 2021 session.
(b) A candidate who is already a Diploma holder is not eligible to apply for Post MBBS 2 years Diploma Courses 2021 session, but can apply for DNB Broad Speciality Post MBBS and Post Diploma 2021 session.
(c) Candidates belonging to other states are not eligible to apply for DNB Broad Speciality Post MBBS and Post Diploma and Post MBBS 2 years Diploma Courses 2021 session.
PROCEDURE FOR FILLING & SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
11.a) (i) The candidate should log on in any one of the following websites :
The application forms will be available between 10:00 AM on 29.11.2021 and upto 05.00 P.M on 10.12.2021.
(ii) Candidates should submit their filled-in online application form by uploading the details in the required fields.
(iii) Request for change in any particulars in the online Application shall not be entertained under any circumstances after submission.
(iv) Incomplete applications will be rejected.
(v) Candidates are advised to submit only one Application Form. If a candidate submits more than one Application Form, his/her candidature will be cancelled.
(vi) Candidates should ensure that all information entered in the online application are correct during the online submission of application form.
(vii) Candidates should submit the print out of the filled-in online application forms along with their Service particulars (Duly certified by the Forwarding Authority with date and seal) and necessary enclosures.
(b) The filled-in online application form along with the necessary enclosures should reach the following address on or before 14.12.2021 upto 05.00 P.M:
162, PERIYAR E.V.R. HIGH ROAD,
KILPAUK, CHENNAI – 600 010.
(c) Candidates should send their filled-in online application form along with all the enclosures in an A4 size cloth lined cover. The template with the requisite details should be printed and pasted on the cover.
(d) AR Number (Application Registration Number) will be assigned by the Selection Committee on receipt of the filled-in online applications.
12. The Government Orders issued and to be issued from time to time pertaining to any of the matters contained in this prospectus should be read as part and parcel of this Prospectus and such terms and conditions in the Government Order are deemed to have been incorporated in this Prospectus.
13. Candidates must enclose only Self attested Photocopies of required Certificates/documents:
(a) (i) NEET PG 2021-Score Card / DNB PD-CET 2021 score card.
(ii) NEET PG 2021 Admit Card / DNB PD-CET 2021 admit card.
(b) MBBS Degree Certificate or Provisional pass certificate and Diploma Certificate.
(c) CRRI Completion Certificate.
(d) Permanent Medical Registration Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India /State Medical Council or provisional Registration Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India/State Medical Council.
(e) Community Certificate issued by the competent authority indicating the community status of candidates belonging to Backward Community/Backward Community (Muslim)/ Most Backward Community / Denotified Communities/ Schedule Caste/ Schedule Caste (Arunthathiyar).
Scheduled Tribe candidates should produce community certificates issued by a Revenue Divisional Officer of the competent jurisdiction.
(f) TNPSC/MRB (through competitive written examination) Selection & Posting Order.
(g) Nativity Certificate (if applicable) with supportive documents as mentioned in clause 2(b).
(h) Recent Regional Medical Broad Certificate for Person with Disabilities.
(i) Eligibility Certificate, if applicable.
Candidates are instructed to produce the above mentioned original Certificates/ Documents at the time of certificate verification.
(j) Same photo of that uploaded in NEET PG 2021 / DNB PD-CET 2021 must be uploaded while filling online application.
(k) Post Card size colour photograph (4"x6") (size: 50kb to 300kb) to be uploaded.
14. (a) Incomplete filled-in online application, application submitted without the proper documents and application forms without the signature of the candidates will be summarily rejected.
(b) The candidate should register in Tamil Nadu Medical Council and produce the registration certificate at the time of admission.
TUITION FEES PER ANNUM
DNB Broad Specialty Post MBBS, Post Diploma and Post MBBS 2 years Diploma Courses 2021
Rs.1,47,500/-(Rs.1,25,000 + 18% GST)
The above fee structure is applicable for 2021 admissions. The candidate should remit the above amount through ONLINE via Debit Card / Credit Card/Net Banking.
The selected candidates have to pay any balance of the Tuition Fee (if any) and other special fees etc., at the time of admission in their respective institution/colleges.
Guidelines for applying for admission to DNB BROAD SPECIALITY POST MBBS AND POST DIPLOMA COURSES FOR ONLY SERVICE CANDIDATE 2021-2022 session
Click on New user registration for registration
They have to enter the mandatory data for registration. Login credential to be done by themselves.
The login ID and password should be kept in privacy. Candidate should note down the user Id and password for further processes. Don't share the login id and password with others. Once the candidate creates Login Id, it should not be changed. OTP will send to his/her mobile number during the Registration.
Candidates have to enter the Mandatory General Details. After completion of this process it redirects to payment page
There is a payment gateway.
1. Indian Overseas bank gateway.
Those who want to make the payment(cost of application)through online they can use gateways.
The cost of application is mentioned in prospectus.
Candidates have to scan their recent passport size, Postcard size Photograph , signature and left thumb impression which are to be uploaded as a soft copy(Jpeg or JPG format only). And also have to upload the necessary documents in PDF format.
- Passport size Photograph size should not exceed to 200KB and not be less than 50 KB.
- Postcard size Photograph size should not exceed to 300KB and not be less than 100 KB.
- Signature size not exceed to 50KB and not be less than 10 KB.
- Candidates left thumb impression; The candidate should put his/her left hand thumb impression on white paper with blue ink and scan for uploading. In case of any eventuality of left thumb being unavailable, right hand thumb impression may be used. File size must be between 10kb to 50kb. Further unclear left hand thumb impression in online application form will be rejected.
Enter the login id and password to proceed to the next step
Changing of password (if the candidate wants to change his/her password, can change).
The candidate can download his/her application for taking a printout, if the status of application "Submitted" instead of Pending". Once the application is submitted, he/she cannot edit his/her application. He/she can download the application only.
3. Candidates have to fill the following Mandatory Details.
1. General Details
(After successful payment candidates can proceed next process.)
2. Education Qualification Details.
3. Service Details.(Government Quota Only)
4. Contact Details.
5. Uploading Images.(photograph ,signature and left thumb impression)
6. Download the application.
After finishing of data entry in every step click save and precede button to save the data.
For service candidates
(Please refer our official websites for categories of working place)
- Category where they are working (Difficult (Hills), Remote areas, Rural areas, Difficult area (plains), Municipality/ Corporations.
- Type of place (Secondary institution , PHC)
- Working Place.
Click add to adding the service details. If the Candidate adds the details wrongly, can edit the Details by clicking the Edit button.
Working period (including transit period) have to be filled.
All related Service Details should be filled by the candidates and click on save & proceed.
The service particulars should be forwarded by the proper channel.
All necessary documents should be uploaded.
The candidate can download his /her application by click on the link download application.
The candidate should check the data entered by him/her before submitting the filled in online application form to the Selection Committee. The candidate should not change/ update any details in the online application after submitted to the Selection Committee . If the candidate wants to update/change his/her data, he/she has to inform the Selection Committee. If submit once the data cannot be edited.
The candidates have to upload necessary documents (NEET PG/MDS 2021 Score card, MBBS/BDS degree /Provisional certificate, CRRI completion certificate, Diploma certificate(If applicable) , Permanent Medical /dental Registration certificate, community certificate (if applicable),TNPSC/MRB selection/posting order(if applicable), nativity certificate(if applicable), Regional Medical Board certificate(if applicable) PD CET 2021 score card)
Service candidates' application should be forwarded through proper channel only.
To view the detailed prospectus, click on the following link: