ESIC invites applications for MBBS, BDS Admissions to 465 Wards of Insured Persons category seats, Check out admission details
New Delhi: Employees' State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) has notified about the admission process for 'wards of insured persons' (IPs) in UG course (MBBS/BDS) in ESIC Medical/Dental and some government medical colleges under seats allocated for wards of insured persons for academic session 2022-23. The Student link for applying online for the issue 'Ward of IP Certificate' would tentatively...
New Delhi: Employees' State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) has notified about the admission process for 'wards of insured persons' (IPs) in UG course (MBBS/BDS) in ESIC Medical/Dental and some government medical colleges under seats allocated for wards of insured persons for academic session 2022-23.
The Student link for applying online for the issue 'Ward of IP Certificate' would tentatively be activated on 5th July and deactivated (closed) on 26th July 2022, 11:59 am. Any change in dates would be published on the ESIC website. The last date for submitting a physical copy of the application to the concerned Branch Office, for the issue of 'Ward of IP Certificate' is 27th July 2022, by the close of office hours.
The process to apply –
1. All candidates must have a valid 'Ward of IP certificate' for 2022-23 from the concerned Regional Office (R.O.)/Sub-regional Office (SRO) of the ESI Corporation (ESIC).
2. Following the registration, the candidates must complete the form (page), filling up the details asked for.
3. After the form is complete, the applicant is to take a printout, sign it (both IP and candidate) and submit it to the concerned Branch Office of ESIC along with all required documents for the issue of the 'Ward of IP certificate'.
4. Candidate should enclose self-attested copies with the application and carry originals for verification at the time of applying.
Documents to be submitted –
Relevant under ESI -
1. Two (2) Passport size photographs of the IP
2. Copy of ESI Card.
3. Copy of documents in r/o employee /IP
4. Wage Slip for March 2022.
5. Certificate of Attendance in r/o the IP for 1 year from the cut-off date (31st March 2022), i.e. from 1st April 2021 or from the date of entering employment, whichever is later, to 31st March 2022.
6. Details of EPFO payment in r/o the employee, if available.
Relevant to Candidate (Ward of IP) –
1. Two passport-size photographs of the 'Ward of IP' (candidate).
2. Copy of NEET Admit Card containing NEET Roll No. of 2022 Exam.
3. Copy of Proof of Residence.
4. Copy of Aadhar Card, if available.
5. Copy of Birth Certificate /Matriculation Certificate for proof of Date of Birth.
6. Copy of Senior Secondary School Certificate (+2). Final/Provisional/Not Available [in case 'ward of IP' certificate is applied for, before the declaration of result of (+2)].
7. Copy of SC/ST/ OBC/ PH Certificate from the "Competent Authority" as specified in the NEET Brochure.
8. Copy of EWS Certificate from the 'Competent Authority'.
A system-generated 'Acknowledgement Slip', duly signed and stamped by the Branch Office Manager, would be given to the candidates. The system would allow the generation of only one Acknowledgement slip against a given Insurance Number and Name of the candidate.
The candidate can track the progress of the certificate by logging in with the username and password, i.e. as (i) Issued; or (ii) Rejected. In case of an issue, the certificate in PDF format would be visible to the candidate, who can take a printout after downloading the certificate. In the event of rejection, the reason would be displayed as well. The original certificate, as issued by the relevant RO/SRO, should be collected from the Branch Office by the candidate.
All India Quota' will be 15% of the total available seats in each of its Medical Institutions, or All India Quota will be as per the prevailing Central Government's directives for the said quota, from time to time. It will be filled up as per policy, including reservation policy and procedures of the Central Government.
Based on the location of the ESI's Medical Education Institution, a 'State Government Quota' will be as per the policy of respective States applicable to un-aided non-minority Institutions, or in the absence thereof, as may be mutually agreed to, between the respective State Government and the ESI Corporation from time to time. The Admissions to these seats will be made according to the policy, including reservation policy and procedures of the State Government concerned, and these seats will be filled up accordingly.
As per the notification, 437 seats are allotted for MBBS and 28 for BDS Courses. and 11 colleges have been allotted seats across India.
Detail seat matrix –
1. ESIC Medical College, Faridabad, Haryana - 43
2. ESIC Medical College, Joka, Kolkata, W.B. - 65
3. ESIC Medical College, K.K. Nagar, Chennai, TN - 25
4. ESIC Medical College, Rajajinagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka - 56
5. ESIC Medical College, Gulbarga, Karnataka - 56
6. ESIC Medical College, Sanathnagar, Hyderabad - 43
7. ESIC Medical College, Alwar, Rajasthan - 20
8. ESIC Medical College, Bihta, Patna - 35
9. Government Medical College, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu - 20
10. Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Medical College, Ner Chowk, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh - 36
11. Government Medical College, Kollam, Paripally - 38
ESIC Dental College, Gulbarga, Karnataka with 28 seats.
Process of seat filling –
1. Available seats of 'Seats allocated forwards of insured persons (IPs)' in various States will be pooled on 'All India Basis' and allotted amongst the wards of Insured persons (IPs).
2. Reservation policy of Central Government for SC/ ST/OBC/PH/EWS etc., will be followed for allotment of seats.
3. Candidates seeking admission under 'Seats allocated for wards of insured persons (IPs)' will have to fulfil the eligibility criteria.
4. Minimum eligibility criteria for admission will be as per NMC regulations.
5. The candidate should be NEET-UG qualified.
6. Applicant must have a valid "Ward of Insured Person" Certificate issued by the concerned Regional Director/SRO I/C. [Annexure – 3(A) or 3(B) for PDB (Permanent Disability Benefit)/D.B. (Dependent Benefit) cases.].
7. The selection and admission to MBBS/BDS seats in any Medical/Dental Institution recognized for running MBBS/BDS Courses as per Indian Medical Council Act, 1956, subsumed into The National Medical Commission Act, 2019, is subject to fulfilling the admission criteria, eligibility, medical fitness and such other criteria as may be prescribed by the NMC/DCI/Universities etc. If there is any difference in the criteria of NMC/DCI and Affiliating University etc., the higher criteria will prevail.
8. Candidates will be allotted seats, based on their 'merit cum preference of Institution, through a centralized 'online' counselling to be conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) as per the schedule provided on their website www.mcc.nic.in.
The candidates will have to pay the tuition fee of Rs 24000 per annum and a college security deposit (refundable) of Rs 5000 per annum. The university charges will be as per actual. Hostel and mess charges and hostel and mess security charges will be decided separately.
The tuition fee has to be paid through DD drawn in favour of 'ESI Fund Account No.2', payable in the city where the college is located. After allotment of seats, the candidates will have to deposit the DD at the time of completing the admission process at the ESIC Medical/Dental College. There will be no capitation fee or profiteering in any form.
The above criteria of DD payment would not apply to students' allotted MBBS seats at Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Government Medical College, Ner Chowk, Mandi (H.P.) and Government Medical College, Paripally, Kollam, Kerala. The candidates will have to pay the fee as specified by these colleges.
The candidates seeking admission to any ESIC Medical / Dental Education Institution will have to execute a bond for Rs 500000 to serve any ESIC/ESI Scheme for 1 year or, as may be specified, from time to time. The candidates would have the option to furnish a Bank Guarantee amounting to Rs 500000 1 month before the completion of the internship, for 14 months in lieu of the amount, and the Corporation would retain original documents of the student pending the submission of the Bank Guarantee; or not furnish Bank Guarantee, as above, when ESIC would retain original documents till Bond conditions are met with.
Documents to be brought for verification –
1. ESIC Pehchan card.
2. Copy of – Birth Certificate /Matriculation Certificate for proof of Date of Birth.
3. Senior Secondary School Certificate (+2). Provisional, if final has not been issued.
4. Admit card for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – 2022 [NEET (U.G.)-2022].
5. Score card [NEET-2022] with Rank Position, i.e. All India Rank.
6. 'Ward of Insured Person' Certificate from Competent Authority [Annexure–3(A) or 3(B) as applicable].
7. SC/ST/OBC/PH/EWS Certificate as applicable; and in the format per the NEET-2022 brochure. If required, the P.H. certificate would be subject to verification by the Competent ESIC Board.
8. EWS Certificate by Competent Authority.
9. For female candidates only - Affidavit by the candidate as per Annexure-4, Affidavit by I.P. as per Annexure–5.
To view the notice, click on https://medicaldialogues.in/pdf_upload/esi-mbbs-1-179435.pdf