MBBS, BDS 2021 at BFUHS, Check out schedule, eligibility criteria, application process, fees, all Admission details here
Faridkot: The Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, (BFUHS) has invited applications from eligible candidates seeking MBBS, BDS admissions via NEET Counselling this academic year.
All the concerned candidates who are intending to pursue MBBS and BDS courses from BFUHS affiliated medical and dental colleges are advised to take note of all the admission details mentioned below including schedule, eligibility criteria, application procedure and fees.
Candidates are advised to go through the details thoroughly to avoid any confusion while applying for the courses at BFUHS.
Availability of Prospectus on University website www.bfuhs.ac.in
Last date for applying online Admission Application Form through University Website
Last date for depositing fee of Rs. 5000/- (Rs. 2500/- for SC candidates) + GST @ 18% through Online payment gateway.
Sports Category Candidates will submit printed/hard copy of online submitted form personally (by hand) in the University along with Sports Gradation Certificate issued by the Director, Sports, Punjab and other supporting self attested copies of certificates/documents.
29.11.2021 upto 05:00 pm
Persons with Disability-PWD (Category Code 16)-Shall produce Disability certificate(as per prospectus Page No. 52) duly issued by the Designated Centre(s) as informed by DGHS, New Delhi to the Principal at the time of reporting in the provisionally allotted college
Schedule/Detail for Verification of documents and checking eligibility will be as under:
a) Category Codes- 18(1), 18(2), 19, 20(1), 20(2), 21- Terrorist/Sikh Riot affected
b) Category Code 22 to 30- Wards of Armed Forces Personnel- Defence
c) Category Codes-31 to 33-Wards of Punjab Police Personnel, Punjab Armed Police, Punjab Home Guards and Para-Military Forces
01.12.2021 (10:00 am)
Note: For verification of Documents, Candidates applied for Micro-reserved categories mentioned at point no. 6(i) have to appear at Auditorium Hall, GGS Medical College, Faridkot as per above schedule
Verification for eligibility of Minority Candidates will be conducted at the following venue:
a) Sikh Minority- At SGRD Institute of Medical/Dental Sciences & Research, Amritsar
b) Christian Minority- At Christian Medical/Dental College, Ludhiana
30.11.2021 to 02.12.2021
Display of Provisional Merit List of candidates
Last date for receiving objection in Provisional Merit List.
• The candidate has to appear personally in the University office, if he/she found any objection
06.12.2021 (upto 11:00 am)
For NRI candidates
Last date for submitting physical application form for NRI quota (Application form for Eligibility certificate and admission application form for NRI candidates is separately available on University website i.e. www.bfuhs.ac.in
The Schedule for 1st and subsequent Round of Online Counseling shall be displayed on the University website i.e. www.bfuhs.ac.in
Note-1: COBSE (Counsel of Boards of School Education in India) grants membership to boards/Institutions that are set up by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or by an Executive orders of the Central/State Government and broadly follow the National Curriculum Framework/CBSE. Therefore, candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from member-boards of COBSE are acceptable for admissions. A complete list of member-Boards of COBSE can be download from www.cobse.org. Boards not in the list of member –Boards of COBSE shall not be acceptable for admissions. The Board of Management in its meeting held on 21.08.2013 vide para no. 28 resolved that the list of Boards recognized by COBSE shall be considered for admission to higher courses run by the University.
Note-2: Candidate shall mandatorily upload the requisite documents of 10+2 DMC and Punjab bonafied resident certificate on University website i.e. www.bfuhs.ac.in by logging into his/her account on University website.
Note-3: The Provisional selection/allotment of seat in the counseling will be subject to verification of the original documents/checking of eligibility by the Principal of the concerned college. It shall be the sole responsibility of the Principal to authenticate the eligibility of the allocated candidate before admitting the candidate to allotted course.
Note-4: Candidates who are not bonafide resident of Punjab shall be considered during 2nd Round of Counseling after exhausting Punjab State candidates for BDS Course only.
Applications of candidates producing false or fabricated information shall not be considered and candidates shall be further debarred from participating in any future counseling to be conducted by BFUHS, Faridkot.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence directly or indirectly any person concerned with the admission process will lead to disqualification of the candidate.
Distribution of seats will be as per Punjab Govt. Notification, the list of eligible colleges/seats may increase/decrease, subject to the orders of Hon'ble Courts/NMC/DCI/Govt. The final position of seats will be displayed at the time of counselling.
Seat matrix process shall be available on the university website at the time of filling options/preferences College/Quota/Category for online counseling.
The admission for MBBS/BDS courses shall be made only to those institutions which have permission from all of the concerned authorities and affiliated with the University.
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme:
SC category candidates are entitled for scholarship from the Department of Welfare, Govt. of Punjab if they fulfill their terms and conditions. SC category candidates, whose family annual income from all sources is less than Rs. 2.5 lacs, are entitled for post matric scholarship as per guidelines of Govt. of India and Punjab Govt. The candidates will have to submit Freeship Card alongwith admission application from. For details regarding this scheme/forms/procedure, respective colleges/candidates should visit the website of Punjab Govt., Deptt. of Medical Education and Research (www.punjabmedicaleducation.org) and University website (www.bfuhs.ac.in). For any query/clarification, candidates/respective colleges can contact the office of Director, Medical Education and Research, Punjab, Chandigarh or Director, Welfare Deptt., Punjab, Chandigarh. For further information and applying for scholarship candidates may visit http://www.punjabscholarships.gov.in. It is also responsibility of the concerned candidate to ensure that has filled his/her application for scholarship is filled in time.
(a) Admission Application Fee of Rs. 5900 (Rs.2950 for SC candidates) including GST @18% will be deposited through online payment gateway only.
(b) Admission Application Fee will not be accepted in any form after due date/time in any case.
(c) Only those Admission Application Forms will be considered for counselling, fee for which has been deposited by due date/time.
(d) No request for accepting the Admission Application Forms after due date/time will be entertained.
(e) Mere deposition of fee will not entitle the candidate for claim of admission.
(f) Fee once deposited in University Account will not be refunded/adjusted in any case.
21. Notwithstanding the participation of candidates in counselling, only eligible candidates, as per Government notification(s), shall be considered for admission.
22. Candidates applying under any of the reserve category are directed to fill the right category code mentioned in this prospectus for claiming reservation under a category and also bring/attach all relevant documents/proof of respective category with admission application form and photocopies and original documents at the time of counseling/admission.
23. Instructions for NRI Candidates only:- Candidates who wants to apply under NRI quota seats, have to obtain provisional Eligibility/equivalency certificate from BFUHS, Faridkot and will have to qualify NEET-UG-2021 and candidates will apply on prescribed proforma available on website along with prescribed fee for seats under NRI Quota.
24. Annexures at Page no-45 & Page no-67 are compulsory for all the candidates applying for admission.
25. Please visit our website www.bfuhs.ac.in for all regular and updated information concerning admissions/dates of counselling from time to time.
1. The admission to MBBS/BDS Courses shall be open to candidates who have qualified NEET-UG2021 and eligible as per Punjab Govt. notifications and subsequent amendment(s)/corrigendum(s) and as well as Punjab Govt. Personnel Department letter dated 06.06.1996.
2. Merely applying for admission to MBBS/BDS courses on the basis of NEET-UG-2021 will not entitle the Candidates eligibility. A Merit of a candidate for admission will be determined by the Admission Committee strictly as per rules and regulations laid down in the Punjab Govt. Notification(s) as published in this prospectus and all other such documents as are required with the ADMISSION APPLICATION FORM.
3. Counseling/Admissions shall be conducted by the Admission Committee constituted by the Punjab Government for this purpose.
4. Age: As specified in NEET-UG 2021.
PROCEDURE OF ONLINE COUNSELLING
Step-I SUBMISSION OF ONLINE ADMISSION APPLICATION FORM
1. Candidates should read the Punjab Govt. notification and instructions as contained in the Prospectus carefully on University website i.e. www.bfuhs.ac.in.
2. Only NEET-UG-2021 qualified candidates are eligible to apply for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses.
3. Candidates are required to register themselves for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses through online portal by due date and time.
4. Candidates are advised to fill the online admission application form well in advance to avoid the network congestion in the last days. BFUHS will not be responsible for network congestion/problems. No request for accepting the forms after cut-off date will be entertained.
5. Following documents are required to be uploaded for the online registration:
I. Soft copy of Photograph of the candidate (Maximum size 30 KB).
II. Soft copy of the signatures of the candidate (Maximum Size 30 KB).
Specifications for Photograph:–
I. A colour photograph of minimum 35x45 mm with at least 75% coverage of face & head of the candidate.
II. A caption indicating name of candidate and date of taking photograph should be there at the bottom of photo.
III. Photograph should be taken in a white /very light colored background.
IV. Photograph should not have cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed if being used regularly. POLAROID and COMPUTER generated photos are not acceptable.
V. The photograph needs to display full front view of the face. Please look directly into the camera with a neutral expression.
VI. Please avoid photograph with reflection or shadow on the face.
VII. The photograph needs to be printed on a high quality paper with at least 600 dpi resolutions.
VIII. The colours must possess the natural appearance and skin tone.
IX. The photograph must not have kinks, scratches and stains.
Note: Applications not complying with these instructions or with unclear photographs are liable to be rejected.
7 After completion of filling online admission application form, University will issue a unique Registration ID (i.e. Login ID) and password to the candidate at his/her registered Mobile number through SMS/ email
8 Merely submission of online application form & fee does not confer any right to the candidate secure a seat for MBBS/BDS course.
9 No request for submitting online Admission Application Form after due date/time will be entertained on any ground.
10 Candidate shall submit online ADMISSION APPLICATION FORM only once. Applications submitted more than once are liable to be rejected.
11 Candidates are required to fill online Admission Application Form very carefully and should not leave any column blank, fill '0' (zero) in case of Roll Number/Rank/Marks are not available. However, a PDF file pertaining to steps for submission of online Admission Application Form will be uploaded on the University website (if required).
12 After filling of successful online Admission Application Form, candidate has to deposit the fee through online payment gateway of University
Step-II Deposition of Fee:- Candidates will have to deposit the fee through online payment gateway of University.
(a) Registration for admission to MBBS/BDS courses is to be undertaken online at the University website www.bfuhs.ac.in.
(b) Application form for admission to MBBS/BDS courses submitted offline/printed copy shall not be accepted.
(c) Incomplete application forms shall not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The fee shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
(d) The allotment of College to the applicants for admission, shall be made as per merit determined on the basis of NEET-UG-2021 and the choice of the station opted by the candidate at the time of online counseling.
13. Candidates must strictly follow the instructions laid out in the Prospectus and University website. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be disqualified.
14. Fill category carefully in the online Admission Application Form. Category once claimed will not be changed in any case after submitting the form.
Those candidates, who do not fill/claim any category code as per prospectus or fill a wrong category code other than mentioned in prospectus, will be treated in Open merit. The candidate may select a category code from the codes given below and fill the category accordingly. More than one category may be filled by a candidate if it is considered applicable in the candidate's particular case. Category codes are exclusively for the purpose of facilitating the candidates to know and understand his/her respective merit placement at the time of counseling in various reserved categories as have been filled by him/her. Reserve category selection on the part of the candidate shall not in any case be construed to give him/her any legitimacy or right or claim on the benefits for reserved seats during admission. Claims to admissions against reserved seats in MBBS/BDS courses will be on the basis of appropriate claims made in the Admission Application Form subject to rules and regulations contained in the Punjab Government Notifications printed in the Part-B of this prospectus and as per the decisions of the Selection Committee constituted for this purpose by the Punjab Government. No benefit of reservation whatsoever shall be given if the claim is not made in Admission Application Form.
15. After successful registration of the applicant, a unique Registration ID (i.e. Login ID) and password will be allotted to the candidate at his/her registered mobile no. or email through SMS or by email. Registration ID and password shall be required from time to time throughout the process of admission, the candidates are therefore advised not to disclose it to any unknown person and to keep it confidential.
Step-III Document Verification of reserved category (as per schedule at page no. 04)
Step-IV The Provisional Merit List
1. The University shall display the State Merit (of registered candidates) on the University website on 03.12.2021. After displaying the state merit list of registered candidates, the University shall open the online portal. Online counselling will be held through website where online counselling form will be available as per schedule specified in Important Dates.
Step-V Filling of choices/preferences of course during online counselling
1. Only registered candidates are eligible for the counselling(s), no candidate shall be allowed to participate in the counselling (online/physical) without registration and deposition of fee before last date as prescribed.
2. The candidates should read the eligibility conditions carefully and just exercising online option of college / appearing in counselling does not entitle him/her for admission. Eligibility conditions for admissions are as per Punjab Govt. Notification(s). The eligibility shall be determined by the Selection Committee at the time of counseling. Those who are not eligible as per Punjab Govt. notification will not be considered for admission.
3. Counselling for admission to MBBS/BDS, session 2021 will be conducted online followed by Physical reporting of the candidates to allotted colleges. During online counseling, candidates will fill online counselling form. They shall give their preferences of course, college, category, quota. The Provisional Seat will be allocated as per NEET merit and in order of preferences given by the candidate. Therefore, candidates are advised to take proper caution while filling up the order of preferences of course, college, category, quota. Candidates of reserved categories (who scored marks equivalent or more than the minimum cut-off of open merit NEET marks) will also be considered in open merit. If candidate of reserve category is eligible in open merit, then seat of open merit will be allocated.
4. After provisional allocation of seat, candidates can download provisional allocation letter from the University website after logging into their account will deposit the tuition fee through online payment gateway and report to the respective college along with all original documents for the checking of documents and their eligibility. Issuing of Provisional Selection Slip alone does not confer any right to claim the allocation of seat in respective college as their provisional selection is subject to verification of documents and checking of eligibility as per guidelines of Punjab Govt. Notification enshrined in the Prospectus.
5. If any candidate does not follow the said process, his/her allocated seat will be cancelled automatically without any intimation and his/her seat shall be declared as vacant for the subsequent round of counseling.
6. If candidate is satisfied with seat allocated to him/her during online counselling, he/she is not required to participate in the subsequent round of counsellings. In case, candidate wishes/intends to upgrade/change his/her seat he/she will have to participate in the subsequent round of counselling and give his/her preferences afresh for the course/college/category/quota.
7. In case any candidate wants to quit the course/seat, he/she will have to submit application to the respective college regarding his/her surrender of seat well in advance before the start of next round of counselling.
8. In case candidate seat is upgraded/changed in the subsequent round of counselling and he/she has already deposited the tuition fee, he/she is not required to deposit fee again, only difference in fee, if any, shall need to be deposited.
9. It is pertinent to mention here that the candidates can fill the choices of colleges/quota which are not reflecting in the vacancy position of seats as few seats may arise due to shifting of candidates during 2nd round of counseling. In this regard, it is made clear that during 2nd online counseling one can upgrade/shift seat as per his/her choice by vacating the already occupied seat of 1st counseling. This is also made clear that some seats of reserve category, NRI Quota seats etc may remain vacant after exhausting all candidates of respective quota as per notification. Therefore, any seat may became vacant in 2nd round due to shifting/conversion of seats. Hence, it is not mandatory to fill only those choices/preference which are reflected in the vacancy position of seats. So candidates are advised to fill the preference/choices of colleges as per their choice. The seats in 2nd round will be allocated as per availability of seats as per merit cum choice/preference submitted by the candidate.
Step-VI Provisional allotment of seat:-
1. The Provisional seat will be allotted to the candidate as per merit list and institutional preferences filled by him/her in the online application form. Allocation of seat is provisional subject to verification of original documents/checking of eligibility by the Principal of concerned Colleges. After provisional allocation of seat, candidate shall deposit the tuition fee through online payment gateway and report to the allocated college for verification of documents and checking of eligibility. It is sole responsibility of the Principal to authenticate the eligibility of the provisionally allocated candidate before their joining/admission.
Step-VII Verification of Documents:-
1. The candidates are required to produce their original documents/credentials for verification. If the selected candidate is found eligible as per instructions mentioned in Punjab Govt. Notification no. 5/5/2021-5HB-III/8191 dated 22.09.2021 & Personnel Department letter no. 06.06.1996 and he/she will be allowed to submit his/her joining report after medical checkup followed by the receipt of fee deposition through online payment gateway.
2. After the verification of the documents and checking of eligibility, the candidate has to deposit the tuition fee as per Notification dated 22.09.2021 through online payment gateway only and submit copy of receipt to the Principal of concerned College.
a. Fee for admission for M.B.B.S course in Govt. Medical Institutions / a Govt. Societies as per notification Dated. 29.05.2020:
|Sr.No.||M.B.B.S. Course||Fee Annually (Rs.)|
b. Fee for admission for B.D.S course in Govt. Dental Institutions/ Govt. Dental Institutions/ Govt. Societies:
|Sr.No.||B.D.S Course||Fee Annually (Rs.)|
c. Fee for admission to Private Institutes/ Universities:
|Course||Government Quota 50% in Rs.||Management Quota 35% in Rs.|
Note: The Fee of Government Quota in Adesh Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Bathinda shall be subject to final decision in CWP No. 14902 of 2020 of Hon'ble Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh.
d. Fee for admission to Private Institutions/ Universities: BDS Course
|Course||Government Quota 50% in Rs.||Management Quota 35% in Rs.|
e. Fee for admission to Govt./ Private Medical/ Dental Institutes under NRI Quota Seats:
|Sr.No.||Category||Fee Full Course in $ (US Dollar)|
|1.||15% NRI Quota MBBS||1,10,000|
|2.||15% NRI Quota BDS||44,000|
Subject to change as per Notification of the Government.
f. Fee for SGRDUHS, Amritsar/ Christian Medical College (CMC), Ludhiana and Christian Dental College (CDC), Ludhiana:
(I) As per Section 5(viii) of SGRDUHS Act 2016, SGRD University, Amritsar can demand and collect fee as per the Punjab Private Health Sciences Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission Fixation of Fee and making of Reservation), Act 2006. Accordingly SGRD University, Amritsar shall charge fee as under for admission to MBBS course and 2.20Lakh per annum for admission to BDS Course from both the Open Quota and Minority Quota students with 10% increase in fees every year as shown in clause 'd' of para 14 above:
|Course||Fee (in Rs.)|
|1st Year||Rs. 9,45,000|
(ii) Christian Medical College (CMC), Ludhiana and Christian Dental College (CDC), Ludhiana are also minority institutions and the Hon'ble Supremen Court has. Vide its Orders dated 09-08-2004 and 02-12-2010 in write petition (Civil) No. 357 of 2004, allowed in CMC and CDC, Ludhiana to follow their own admission policy as was being followed by them for the last 25 years. Accordingly Christian Medical College (CMC) Ludhiana and College (CMC), Ludhiana and Christian Dental College (CDC), Ludhiana are allowed to charge Rs. 6.60 lakh per annum for admission to MBBS course and Rs. 2.20 lakh per annum for admission to BDS course from both the 'Open Quota' Students with 10% increase in fees every year.
i) Tution fee for the six months shall be paid to Registrar, Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot.
ii) If Candidates is shifted from one college to another in the subsequent Counsellling, the fee shall be refunded/ adjusted after completion of the admission process. The University shall refund/ adjust the fee within 30days.
iii) The fee shall be payable on six monthly basis and the institutes shall not insist the candidates to deposit fee of the entire course in advance.
iv) Hostel fee and Security advance (Annual and provisional) for private institutes. As per Notification No. 7/107*2012-5HB3/209 dated 11.02.2015) with 5% increase for each subsequent year.
a. Non air Conditioned Independent Room: Rs. 16,500/- per year for the First year (Maximum) for single bedroom. This fee may be hiked by maximum up to 5% for each subsequent year.
b. Special Room (Attached bathroom and AC): Rs. 26,400/- per year (Maximum). This fee may be hiked by maximum up to 10% for each subsequent year.
c. Security advance Rs. 27,500/- or its equivalent (refundable in the shape of demand draft).
d. Mess charges- Actual and to be managed by the students.
e. These charges are exclusive of electricity and water charges but inclusive of every other charge. All charges shall be levied from students on six monthly basis.
Reservation in Government Medical/ Dental Colleges:
The Reservation of the State quota seats in Government Institutes in various categories for admission to the Undergraduate Courses in Government Medical/ Dental Institutes shall be as under:
(i) Scheduled Castes 25%
(ii) Backward Classes 10%
(iii) Backward Area/ Border Area (1% each) 2%
(iv) Persons with Disability 5%
(v) Sports Persons 1%
To view the official notice click on the following link: