MBBS, BDS Admissions 2021 in Odisha: Check out eligibility criteria, counselling procedure, fee, all details here
OJEE : All the candidates who are seeking MBBS and BDS admissions into Odisha medical and dental colleges can now check out all the admission details released by the OJEE for this academic year session 2021-2022.The state candidates who have qualified in the NATIONAL ELIGIBILITYCUM-ENTRANCE TEST-2021 (NEET (UG)-2021) will be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS courses for the academic...
OJEE : All the candidates who are seeking MBBS and BDS admissions into Odisha medical and dental colleges can now check out all the admission details released by the OJEE for this academic year session 2021-2022.
The state candidates who have qualified in the NATIONAL ELIGIBILITYCUM-ENTRANCE TEST-2021 (NEET (UG)-2021) will be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS courses for the academic session 2021-22.
Counseling shall be done for 85% of total seats in Government Medical/Dental Colleges and for all seats of Private Medical / Dental Colleges. Counseling of Deemed Universities shall be done by DGHS. Stipulations in this guideline are subject to change with prior notice as per the decision of Government / Counseling Committee.
The candidates must be of 17 years of age as on 31.12.2021 and there will be no upper age limit.
The candidates must be permanent natives of Odisha, OR Children of All India Civil Service officers serving in state of Odisha cadre.
The candidate must have passed +2 Sc. and in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have secured minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry & Biology at +2 Sc. level for General Candidate (GE), 40% for SC/ST candidates and 45% for benchmark disability candidates (PC-GE). The required mark for Physically Challenged candidate of SC/ST category is 40%.
The minimum qualifying mark for different category of candidates are as follows: (subject to any notification by Govt. of India / NMC)
a. General (GE) –(50th percentile)
b. Physically Challenged (PC-GE) –(45th percentile)
c. Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Scheduled Caste (SC)- (40th percentile).
d. For Physically challenged candidate of SC/ST category, (40th percentile).
ELIGIBILITY FOR NRI:
1. The NRI candidates, who have qualified the NEET UG 2021, are eligible.
2. NRI means the children or wards of a person of Indian origin residing outside India. Such candidates have to submit the following documents in support of NRI.
i. Documents claiming that the sponsorer is an NRI (Passport, Visa of the sponsorer)
ii. Relation of NRI with the candidate as per the court order of the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017- Consortium of Deemed University in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of India & Ors. Dated 22-08-2017.
iii. Affidavit from the sponsorer that he/ She will sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate duly notarized.
iv. Embassy Certificate of the Sponsorer (Certificate from the Consulate)
The reservation policy of State Government will be followed for selection, and shall be : Scheduled Tribe (ST) - 12%, Scheduled Caste (SC) - 8%, Physically Challenged (PC) - 5% of each category, Ex-Servicemen (ES) - 3%, Green Card Holders (GC) - 5%, State Government Schools (SG) – 15% (shall be horizontal covering all vertical reservations as well as unreserved Group) and EWS – 10% (when appropriate number of seats have been increased to accommodate such EWS quota). (Any other reservation category, if notified by Govt., shall also be applicable).
i. Since there is no OBC category in the State, such candidates will be considered in General Category and the minimum qualifying marks shall be (40 th percentile) in the NEET UG 2021.
ii. The ST/SC candidates must produce caste certificate from Odisha State only to get the privilege of reservation in the category in Odisha. (Vide GoI letter No. BC/16014/1/82 /SC & BCD/ Dated 22.02.1985).
iii. Candidates claiming seats under SG (State Government Schools) reservation category must have passed their 10th Board Examination under the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha from Government High Schools and also have passed the 12th Board Examination under the Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha from any Government Higher Secondary School/Government Junior College.
iv. Candidates claiming under PC category must undergo test by Medical Board constituted for the purpose. Candidates with benchmark disability as per Graduate Medical Education Regulations 1997 amended up to May 2018 shall be followed.
v. Candidates, who are natives of state of Odisha and wish to claim reservation under Ex-Serviceman (ES) category, must submit their relevant documents to Rajya Sainik Board, Bhubaneswar only within schedule date and time. After proper verification, Rajya Sainik Board, Bhubaneswar of Odisha will send the list of valid candidates to OJEE for getting reservation under ES category. No claim/certificate shall be entertained by OJEE directly from candidates. Candidates, whose parents are continuing in defense service are not eligible for reservation under this category.
vi. Candidates claiming reservation under Green Card (GC) must be permanent natives of Odisha and shall have to produce original green cards of their parents issued by Government of Odisha only. They must not have taken the privilege of it before. The date of birth & name in the card must match exactly with that in HSC certificate. In case of mismatch, the candidates will be considered in GE category only. Tampered or mutilated green cards are not acceptable.
vii. Candidates who wish to claim seats under EWS category have to mention the same during registration. Such candidates have to produce EWS Certificate (Income & Asset Certificate) from Tahsildar/ Additional Tahsildar.
viii. If sufficient numbers of candidate are not available in any Reserve category, the vacant seats will be filled up by UR category.
ix. The ST/SC seats are not interchangeable.
x. The NRI seats shall be filled up in the following order by OJEE / Institution:
a. By eligible NRI candidates of state domicile.
b. By eligible NRI candidates of outside states.
c. By eligible UR candidates of the state if seats still remain unfilled.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
Scanned copies of the following documents need to be uploaded during the process of online registration.
1. Class 10th Certificate (for Date of Birth verification)
2. Class 12th Marksheet
3. Class 12th Certificate
4. NEET-2021 Rank Card
6. Nativity Certificate (proof of being Native of Odisha)
7. Certificate to Claim Reservation, if any (SC/ST/GC/EWS)
Note that candidates interested for Reservation under Physically Challenged (PC) and Ex-Serviceman (ES) categories are required to report at their respective boards as mentioned in the guidelines and need not upload any document in their support.
PROCEDURE OF ONLINE REGISTRATION
All the NEET (UG) -2021 qualified candidates, who wish to participate in counseling procedure for admission, must register in due time in the website of OJEE i.e. www.ojee.nic.in in MBBS / BDS admission section. Registration means creating own username and password for logging in to the online counseling site. Without registration, the candidate cannot proceed to next step of online application. The user name and password must not be shared with others.
After logging-in to the site, the candidate has to fill up the online application form, make online payment of registration fee of Rs. 1000/- and upload required documents for online verification. All the documents will be uploaded in pdf format only. The size of pdf files will be mentioned against each document. (The documents to be uploaded must be clearly readable and the file name should not contain any special character).
During document verification, query may be raised by the Verifying Officers depending on the observations. Therefore, candidates must check their email ID regularly during counselling for any message. The query raised must be complied within 24 hours of raising of the query. Otherwise, the document verification will be cancelled and the candidate will not be placed as a registered candidate in the State Merit List.
A candidate may fail to get registration in the case of any irregularity in furnishing required data and their supporting documents as per guidelines.
Only on successful verification of documents, the candidate becomes eligible and his / her name will appear in the merit list. The names of candidates whose document verification could not be done due to not uploading proper document/not complying to the query of the verifying officer in due time will not appear in the merit list and they cannot participate in subsequent process of counseling and admission.
The registration fee is not refundable.
N.B.: In case any candidate is found to have provided any false information or certificate etc. or is found to have withheld or concealed any information, his/ her application shall be rejected and admission will be cancelled and legal action, as deemed proper, will be initiated against him/her. Besides, the same candidate will not be allowed to participate in the admission process for next three academic years.
PROCEDURE OF ONLINE COUNSELLING
The candidate, who has completed the registration process and has been placed in the State Merit List, has to submit his/her choice of the Course (MBBS / BDS) and College in order of preference as per schedule, in the online counselling site of OJEE and lock the choice. If the choice is not locked due to some reason, it will be locked automatically when the time schedule is over.
College and course will be allotted on merit basis on the scheduled date and the candidates can download their Allotment Letters.
Then, the candidate has to personally report at the office of Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE), at Gandamunda, Bhubaneswar on the notified date and time with all certificates, mark sheets and other required documents in original for provisional admission. The candidate must pay the Admission Fees (depending upon the type of allotted College) either online or by demand draft. He/She will also exercise the option of Freeze / Float as per his/her choice. The candidate has to deposit the original College Leaving Certificate / School Leaving Certificate, as the case may be, and will be issued a provisional admission letter.
The same process shall be repeated for the 2nd round of counselling.
At the end of counselling, the candidate must report before the authority of the institution allotted, within the stipulated date as notified and submit a copy of the provisional admission letter for completion of admission process at institutional level.
In case any candidate resigns after admission on or before the designated date for withdrawal / resignation, he/she shall get back 90% of admission fees deposited and 10% shall be retained as processing fees. If the candidate resigns after such date is over, for which a seat lapses, no fees will be refunded and the candidate shall be liable for a financial penalty of Rs.1 lakh.
If at the end of 2nd round of counseling, vacancy still exists due to any reason, upgradation / internal sliding among existing candidates, who have given willingness as to be in float option, will be processed.
If there is still some vacancy, the Chairman may notify a spot counseling. Physical presence of the candidate is a must for participating in the spot counseling and no authorization will be entertained. Details about guidelines and schedule of spot round will be published in due time.
Any seats of private institutions that remain unfilled after the spot round counseling shall be surrendered to the respective institutions for counseling and admission at Institute-level from the NEET UG 2021 merit list.
Other detailed procedure & schedules of different rounds of counseling, choice locking, schedule of provisional admission & reporting etc. will be notified by the Chairman as and when required. Candidates are requested to be in constant touch with the website www.ojee.nic.in.
ALLOTMENT OF SEATS
1. Allotment will be made strictly on the basis of State Merit List prepared by OJEE and as per the choice of subject & college locked by the candidate.
2. If a candidate is allotted a seat in any round of counseling as per his / her 1st choice and takes admission for that seat, then he/she cannot participate in subsequent rounds of counseling. If allotment is not as per 1st choice, then he/she can decide whether or not to participate in subsequent round for improvement only. (Candidate can opt for Freeze or Float).
3. In the 2nd round, all the newly registered candidates who successfully get their documents verified, unallotted candidates of 1st round and candidates who were allotted seats in first round but not reported for admission, have to fill and lock fresh sets of choices within due date and time.
4. Candidates, who after taking admission in the first round, have exercised the option of freeze or float, are not required to do any additional choice filling for the second round and thus shall not be given a fresh option for filling choices. Candidates who have given 'freeze' as option, will retain their first round allotments, while the allotments of the candidates who have given 'float' as their option may be upgraded or retained depending on their rank and the availability of seat as per choice.
5. Once the candidate is upgraded, the candidate has to accept the newly allotted seat and the seat allotted in the 1st round to him/her will be cancelled and will be allotted to other candidates as per the merit and choice.
6. If a candidate, after being allotted a seat in a round, does not take provisional admission, then his/her allotment will stand cancelled and the seat will be treated as vacant for subsequent round. However, he/ she can participate in subsequent rounds.
7. Candidates, who have already taken admission in a particular reserved category, are not allowed to change to another category in the same college.
ADMISSION OF STUDENTS
1. Candidates who have taken admission in All India Counseling and retained the seat after 2nd round All India counseling, are not allowed to surrender the seat and cannot take any admission in state counseling. Legal action shall be initiated against any candidate doing so.
2. After final counseling is over, OJEE will send the list of students admitted along with the admission fees and original documents to the concerned Institutes.
3. If any amount is to be refunded to the candidates as per rule, it will be done after final admission is over. Candidates have to apply to the Chairman, OJEE in plain paper along with the copy of provisional admission letter for such refund.
4. Institute level activity: After receiving the list of provisionally admitted candidates, the documents and fees, the authority of the institutions shall complete the final admission process. If a candidate after taking admission in the allotted seat, resigns due to any reasons after the last date scheduled for withdrawal (resignation) and before the completion of the course, he/she has to pay a sum of Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees one lakh) as a financial penalty. The original documents / CLC will not be returned to the candidate until the penalty is realized. In such case, the entire admission fees deposited will also not be refunded. However, in case of a candidate selected for a better option of subject or institution such penalty shall be relaxed. The decision of the DMET, Odisha in this regard shall be final under intimation to H & FW Department.
The admission is subject to medical fitness of candidate, who is to produce a Medical Fitness Certificate at the time of joining his / her allotted Institute.
Candidates are to follow the fee structure of respective colleges as approved by Government from time to time. The details will be available from respective institutions.
The Fees to be deposited shall be as under:
1. *For Government Medical/Dental Colleges - Rs. 30,000/- per annum.
NB: Additional fees as prescribed by concerned University / College may be collected at institutional level which may vary from institution to institution.
2. The Fees to be deposited for MBBS course in Private Medical Colleges:
*Hi-Tech MCH Bhubaneswar - Rs.6,50,000/- per annum,
*Hi-Tech MCH Rourkela - Rs.5,50,000/- per annum
3. *The Fees to be deposited for Private (Hi-Tech) Dental Colleges is Rs. 3,00,000/- per annum.
4. *NRI candidates have to pay four times of the above fees in private colleges.
*NB: IN CASE ANY REVISION OF THE FEE STRUCTURE IS MADE AS PER GOVERNMENT ORDER, THE SAME SHALL AUTOMATICALLY BE APPLICABLE.
WEEDING OUT RULE
The documents related to counseling & allotment will be kept preserved by the Committee till 30th September 2022 only.
Revised Schedule for Counseling and Admission for first Round of MBBS/BDS Courses
Keeping in view of the revised first round counselling schedule, notified by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), DGHS, Govt. of India, vide No. U11011/08/2021-MEC Dated, 28-01-2022, it is hereby informed to all the merit listed candidates of state of Odisha that, the tentative counselling schedule published by OJEE vide No .OJEE/034 Dated, 28.01.2022, is hereby withdrawn and a revised counselling schedule till the first round of seat allotment and provisional admission is given as follows. The detailed schedule of subsequent rounds shall be notified later.
Registration and Online Application Uploading of Documents for Online Verification
12-01-2022 12:00 NOON to 18-01-2022, 11:59 PM
Respond to Query (if required, during online verification)
12-01-2022 to 19-01-2022, 5.00 PM
Reconciliation of data
Publication of Provisional State Merit List of Registered Candidates
24-01-2022, 5:00 PM
Receipt of Query, if any, raised by candidates regarding the Provisional State Merit List
25-01-2022 to 26-01-2022
Publication of Final State Merit List of Registered Candidates
Choice Filling and Locking
02-02-2022 10:00 AM to 03-02-2022 11:59 PM
Publication of 1st Round Allotment and Downloading of Allotment Letter by Allotted Candidates
Reporting (for provisional admission) by allotted candidates at OJEE Cell, Gandamunda, BBSR
07-02-2022 10.00 AM to 12-02-2022 5.00 PM
Withdrawal ( Resignation) from Admission Process
07-02-2022 10.00 AM to 12-02-2022 8.00 PM
Display of Vacant Seat Matrix after 1st round of counseling
Registration and Online Application, Uploading of Documents for Online Verification for 2nd round
15-02-2022 to 16-02-2022 (Tentative)
Mail id of OJEE2021: firstname.lastname@example.org Website :www. ojee.nic.in, www.odishajee.com
To view the official notice, click here : https://odishajee.com/news_document/
To view the official notice, click here : https://odishajee.com/mbbsbdsguidlines
Medical Dialogues Bureau consists of a team of passionate medical/scientific writers, led by doctors and healthcare researchers. Our team efforts to bring you updated and timely news about the important happenings of the medical and healthcare sector. Our editorial team can be reached at email@example.com.