MD, MS Counselling at JIPMER: 33 seats available for 3rd Round, schedule, eligibility criteria released
Puducherry: Through a recent notice, the JIPMER has released the schedule, eligibility criteria and the list of vacant seats for 3rd round of MD, MS counselling at the institute for this academic year.
Over 33 seats are available for 3rd round in 17 specialities, as per the details released by the institute on its official website.
All the concerned candidates who intend to pursue MD, MS from JIPMER are requested to view the aforementioned details mentioned below:
Schedule for third Round of Online Counselling-MD/MS Courses — July 2020 Session
Login with Credentials
Submit willingness for Third Counselling
Final Allotment of Seats of Third Counseling
On or before 23-09-2020
Confirmation of Allotted seats by the Candidates
Payment of Admission fees /Security deposit
Downloaded Allotment Letter
Report to JIPMER with Allotment letter and original documents for Admission
Batch Distribution for Third Round Counselling
First Batch: 28-09-2020 (Monday)
Quarantine Process in JIPMER
To view official notice, click on the following link:
The procedure for third counselling seat allocation for MD/MS July 2020 session will be done only through ONLINE mode.
The following candidates will be eligible to participate in the third round of online seat allocation:
- Only candidates who have opted for OPTION 2 (ACCEPT the allotted seat and WISH TO PARTICIPATE in the third round of online counselling/seat allocation) in the second online seat allocation.
- All the candidates who were eligible to participate but were not allocated a seat in the second online seat allocation as per their filled choices.
II. Not Eligible:
- All those candidates who did not participate in the first/second online counseling.
- All those candidates who were allotted a seat in the first/second counselling but DID NOT choose any option, that is OPTION 1 or 2.
- All those candidates who were allotted a seat and chose OPTION 1 or 2 but did not complete the necessary formalities of payment of fees within the prescribed date & time.
- All those candidates who were allotted a seat and chose OPTION 1 or 2, completed necessary formalities within the prescribed date & time but DID NOT report to JIPMER for admission.
- Login through portal. The eligible candidates will have to register (submit their willingness for third counseling) themselves for postgraduate Third online counseling/seat allocation through the portal on JIPMER Website. The link for the portal will be activated only for eligible candidates from 15th September 2020 10:00 AM to 16th September 05:00 PM. The candidates should LOG IN using the credentials that they have used for filling the application form for the July session MD/MS entrance examination.
- If a candidate fails to login and register within the specified time period, he/she will NOT be considered for third counseling. Also, it is NOT possible to change the preferences that the candidate had chosen already.
- Third Online counselling/Seat Allocation: The seat allocation will be done as per the schedule specified in the Important Dates Link in the order of category-based merit, roster point reservation and according to the original preferences given by the candidates before the first counseling. The available seat of the highest preferred discipline will be allotted to the candidate as per category based merit list and Roster Point Reservation.
- Exercising Option: All the candidates who have been allocated seats in the third counselling are required to login to the postgraduate third online counseling/seat allocation portal and actively choose the following option within the date and time specified in the Important Dates link:
OPTION1: ACCEPT the allotted seat
Failure to join the upgraded seat in the third counselling/ seat allocation by the candidates who switch over from seat allotted in the first & second counselling shall lead to imposition of penalty of Rs. 50,000.
An option to REFUSE the allocated seat is NOT available.
If a candidate fails to login and choose the option detailed above within the specified date and time, then it will lead to forfeiture of the allocated seat.
- Payment of fees and security deposit: All the candidates who are allocated seats and have exercised OPTION 1 are required to make an online payment of admission fees RS. 17,960 and a security deposit Rs. 50,000 within the date and time specified in the Important Dates Link (not applicable for candidates who have already paid in first/second counseling).Failure to make the payment of fee and security deposit or reporting in person to JIPMER for admission within the stipulated date and time will result in for forfeiture of the allotted seat.
- Reporting to JIPMER for admission: All the candidates who have been allocated seats and have exercised an option 1 will have to report in-person to JIPMER(the date and time will be intimated to the candidates after the payment of fees and security deposit ), submit the original certificates and complete the admission procedure. The tentative dates of reporting and joining are mentioned in the Important Dates Link.
- After Allotment/ upgraded seat allocation and exercising option 1, if a candidate fails to complete the due procedure of admission within the time specified in the important dates links, then it will lead to forfeiture of the allotted seat.
- Candidates who have availed constitutional/ institutional/ OPH horizontal reservations in the third counseling must submit valid original certificates of their claim for the reserved seat at JIPMER while reporting for admission. If they do not submit a valid original certificate, then their claim for the reserved seat allocated in third counselling will be nullified, and they will be eligible to appear in the next counselling/seat allocation as unreserved(UR) candidates subject to cut off in UR merit list. The OBC/EWS certificate must be valid for admission in Central Government Institution as detailed in the Prospectus.
- Candidates availing OPH horizontal reservation in the third counseling must undergo medical examination review by a medical board constituted by JIPMER. The decision of the JIPMER Medical Board will be final. If they are found to be ineligible for OPH reservation, then their claim for the reserved seat allocated in third counseling will be nullified and they will be eligible to appear in the next counselling as UR/OBC/SC/ST/EWS candidate in their respective category as applicable without OPH reservation, provided they are eligible.
- The schedule of the next counseling and seat allocation will be intimated after the completion of the third counselling seat allocation and admissions. Candidates are instructed to check JIPMER Website periodically for updates. All disputes pertaining to the conduct of the examination by JIPMER and Online Seat Allocation/Counselling will be subject to the Jurisdiction of Puducherry.
To view the official notice, click on the following link:
Vacant seats for third online counselling-July 2020 Session
No. of seats
M.D. Community Medicine
M.D. Dermatology, Venerology & Leprology
M.D. Emergency Medicine
M.D. Forensic Medicine
M.D. General Medicine
M.D. Immuno Hematology & Blood Transfusion
M.D. Nuclear Medicine
M.D. Pulmonary Medicine
M.D Radiation Oncology
M.S. General Surgery
M.S. Obstetrics & Gynaecology
M.S. Oto-Rhino Laryngology (E.N.T.)
To view officail notice, click on the following link: