CENTAC MDS 2021 Applications Deadline ends today
Puducherry: Today is the last date to apply for MDS courses with CENTAC for admission to PG Dental courses in government and private dental colleges in Puducherry for the academic year 2021-2022 under government, all India (management seats) and NRI quotas.
All the interested candidates who are vying to pursue PG dental courses from Puducherry based dental colleges can view the important dates, admission process, eligibility criteria and instructions for candidates as mentioned below:
For admission to Post Graduate Dental Degree courses in Government/Private dental colleges functioning in U.T. of Puducherry for the year 2021-22
Date of Commencement of Online Application
Last Date for submission of Online Application
Release of Draft Merit List (Tentative)
Refer CENTAC Website for updates
Publication of Merit List of Applied Students
Date of conduct of 1st round of online counseling
Joining Date for 1st round
Date of conduct of 2nd round of online counseling
Joining Date for 2nd round
Joining Date for Mop-up round
The counselling for admission of students to Post Graduate Dental Degree courses for the year 2021-22 will be done by CENTAC.
CENTAC will conduct counseling for admission of students in Post Graduate Dental Courses in seats available in Government Dental Colleges
CENTAC will conduct common counseling for admission of students in Post Graduate Dental Courses in respect of seats allocated for Government Quota in Private Dental Colleges.
CENTAC will conduct common counseling for admission of students in Post Graduate Dental Courses in respect of seats allocated for Management Quota in Private Dental Colleges.
As per MDS Course Regulations 2017 notified by Dental Council of India the student seeking admission to Master in Dental Surgery (MDS) course, must possess a degree of Bachelor in Dental Surgery (BDS) from a recognized college and has undergone compulsory rotatory internship of a year in an approved/recognised dental college.
Students who are completing or likely to complete their internship after 31st March, 2021, are NOT ELIGIBLE to participate in any stage of the admission process.
Student should possess valid NEET-MDS score.
General instructions to students
Students seeking admission to Post Graduate Degree Courses in Government Dental College, Government Quota seats in Private Dental Colleges and Management Quota seats in Private Dental Colleges should apply Online through the CENTAC website.
1. Application must only be filled online through the website www.centacpuducherry.in
2. Before filling the application, student should read the online prospectus carefully.
3. The online application for admission along with information Bulletin 2021-22 may be downloaded for ready reference from CENTAC website from 12.05.2021 onwards.
4. The last date for applying online is 07.06.2021
5. Students should ensure the following:
5.1. Upload scanned self-attested photo copies of the necessary certificates, in support of different claims. Original certificates must be produced only at the time of admission in the respective colleges.
5.2. All the certificates to be produced for various claims should be obtained and updated from the respective competent authorities and have the stipulated validity time. (Please refer www.centacpuducherry.in for more details )
5.3. Community certificates issued by Govt. of Puducherry will only be considered for claiming reservation benefits.
5.4. Sports certificates must be countersigned by the concerned authorities.
6. Students may login and fill in all their details along with course preferences. Only after application fees is paid and verified, the student will be allowed to enter his/her preferences of courses. Without preferences, the application will be incomplete and will be summarily rejected. Students should bear in mind that the allotment of seats will be made based on preferences subject to the availability as per merit and reservation.
7. Once choices of courses are given, they are final. However, CENTAC reserves the right to permit all the students to alter the preferences for the subsequent rounds of admission. If such a decision is taken, the students will be intimated.
8. Students are advised to give as many choices of courses for which he/she is eligible in as many colleges as they wish. If choices are not made, it will be deemed that he/she is not interested in those particular courses or in other colleges.
9. Options once exercised with regard to community / special category are final and cannot be changed once the merit list is published. However, CENTAC reserves the right to update the merit list in case of genuine claims supported by documentary evidences.
10. After the Draft Merit List is published, the students will be given one day to raise objections, if any, and subsequently, the Final Merit List will be published.
Separate Merit Lists will be prepared for Government Quota Seats & Management Quota Seats. The students should refer to the CENTAC website www.centacpuducherry.in for the merit list of all the courses.
In case of reserved seats, vertical reservation will be implemented first and later horizontal reservation, if any, to the extent needed will be done.
11. Only computer-based counseling will be done. Physical counseling might be done in the event of a mop up round.
12. Dates for the admission will be sent through SMS, E-mail & and updated in the CENTAC website apart from publishing the same in the public media by way of press releases. After the online application is opened the students should refer to the CENTAC website www.centacpuducherry.in, regularly, for updates.
13. Once the student has been allotted a particular seat, he/she can opt for any one of the following preferences:
i. The student can accept the admission and refuse further rounds of counselling. In that case, that seat selected is not offered for other students.
ii. The student can accept the allotment and request for consideration for the next round of counselling.
iii. The student can reject the allotment and request for consideration for the next round of counselling. In that case the seat will be released and offered for the next round of counselling.
iv. The student can reject the allotment and not come for the next round of counselling.
14. Once the Provisional allotment is given, the student must download the Provisional Allotment Order and report to the allotted college within the given time. If the student does not report within the given time, provisional allotment will be automatically cancelled. Similar procedure will be followed for the subsequent rounds of allotment as well.
15. Number of seats in the colleges may vary depending on the approvals of the concerned regulatory bodies and the Government of Puducherry.
16. Enabling Provision: If all the students of a specified category have been admitted, and even thereafter, if seats remain vacant for that specified category, the same may be unreserved.
17. The final authority to settle disputes, if any, in any matter will be the Chairman, CENTAC.
22. STUDENTS ADMITTED THROUGH CENTRALISED ADMISSION COMMITTEE (CENTAC) UNDER "GOVERNMENT QUOTA SEATS" OF PROFESSIONAL COLLEGES OF THIS UNION TERRITORY, IN ANY PARTICULAR ACADEMIC YEAR WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR ANY GOVERNMENT QUOTA SEATS IN THE SUBSEQUENT YEARS. ( G.O. Ms. No. 60, Puducherry, dated 12.10.2015 of the Chief Secretariat, (Hr. & Tech. Edn. ) Puducherry.
Students should be citizens of India
Students seeking admission to PG Dental Courses should have qualified in the NEET-MDS 2021 conducted by National Board of Examinations.
Students should have passed their BDS Examination of any recognized University and completed the CRRI period on or before 31-03-2021.
For Government Seats and Govt. Quota Seats in Private Dental Colleges
Apart from the above eligibility criteria, students who are claiming Government Quota seats should be residents of U.T. of Puducherry and they have to furnish residence certificate issued by competent authority. If the residence certificate is not produced, then they will not be eligible for Government Quota.
Students who join a Post Graduate Degree course in any branch and discontinue the course on any grounds after the cutoff date fixed by the Dental Council of India are not eligible to apply for two subsequent academic years.
Students who take an allotment for PG Degree course in any branch in the final phase counseling and not join the course on or before the cutoff date are not eligible to apply for two subsequent academic years.
Students who are undergoing a Post Graduate Degree course are not eligible to apply for any Post Graduate Degree
Students who are completing a Diploma Course (including All India Quota) are not eligible in the same academic year to apply for any Post Graduate Degree Courses.
Students who have completed a Post Graduate Degree or students who possess a Post Graduate Degree are not eligible to apply for admission to any other Post Gradate Degree Course.
Student who is a Diploma holder is eligible to apply for Post Graduate Degree Course.
Counselling will be Online. Mop Up Counselling can be either Online or Offline. CENTAC reserves the right to do either Online or Offline counselling based on necessity.
Admission to PG Degree Course shall be made by counseling on the basis of Merit applying the rule of reservation wherever applicable.
Students will be allotted seats as per the merit list.
Students can choose any one of the branches or colleges available at the time of counseling.
Option once given during the counseling cannot be changed later.
Re-allotment from one college to another college is permitted during counseling only, based on merit and rule of reservation.
Individual request for transfer of college will not be permitted under any circumstances.
Mutual transfers will not be permitted under any circumstances.
In case of Offline Counselling, due to unforeseen reasons, if a student cannot attend the counseling on the specified date and time, he/she can authorize a representative to attend the counseling on his/her behalf. The authorized representative should produce an undertaking and authority letter for allotment along with the requisite original documents. The allotment made to the authorized representative shall be binding on the student.
Strict discipline should be maintained by the student for smooth conduct of counseling. If the students are found to indulge in any untoward activities, they will be debarred from the counseling and selection for the present and subsequent academic sessions.
For more details candidates can visit the website: