NEET Counselling 2020: MCC releases guidelines for stray vacancy round
New Delhi: Through a recent notice, the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) has released the guidelines for stray vacancy round for NEET Counselling 2020 with respect to MBBS and BDS admissions this academic year.
The MCC/DGHS conducts Counseling for 15% AIQ, 100% Deemed Universities, Central Universities (Delhi University, AMU & BHU including Institutional/ Domicile Quota), 100% ESIC, AFMC (only Registration Part) & I.P University (VMMC & SJH AND ABVIMS & RML & ESIC Dental, Delhi (15% AIQ + 85% Institutional Quota ) 100% AIIMS & 100% JIPMER.
The role of MCC of DGHS is limited to allotment of seats to the participating candidates, as per their merit and choice, which starts only after receiving the list/data/Information of successful candidates from National Testing Agency i.e. the NEET (UG) examination conducting body.
There are four rounds of counselling i.e. Round 1, Round 2 of AIQ and MopUp Round & Stray Vacancy Round. Out of the four rounds, three rounds are conducted online by MCC i.e. Round 1, Round 2 and Mop-Up Round. The Stray Vacancy round is conducted by the respective Deemed/Central Universities/Central Institutes/AIIMS/JIPMER for which the list of registered & eligible Candidates for the Stray Vacancy round is forwarded by the MCC to the respective Deemed/Central Universities Central Institutes/AIIMS/JIPMER. The allotment shall only be in terms of merit.
The MCC takes no responsibility of any allotment made in the Stray Vacancy Round and shall not be held responsible for any wrong/incorrect allotment.
The Candidates are advised to check their eligibility from the College website before participating in the Stray Vacancy Round.
1. MCC of DGHS, MoHFW will forward the list of Candidates equaling to ten times the number of vacant seats to the medical college in compliance of the directions of the Hon'ble Supreme Court in Writ Petition(s) (Civil) No(s). 267/2017 Dar-Us-Slam Educational Trust and Ors. V/s Medical Council of India and Ors. Only those Candidates whose name will be present in the merit list of Candidates provided by MCC shall be eligible for the Stray Vacancy Round.
2. The Candidates must be given adequate time before the Stray Vacancy round in order to make the Candidates aware regarding rules/regulations etc. of the Stray Vacancy round before participating in the said Round i.e. the seats remaining vacant and the fee structure should be advertised well in advance on college website. The same should be widely publicized by the Colleges
3. Colleges must display the eligibility conditions on their website well before the commencement of the Stray Vacancy round in order to enable the participating Candidates to make an informed decision.
4. There will be no fresh registration for the Stray vacancy Round.
5. The Candidates must be allowed to register online and no extra registration fee etc. must be demanded from the Candidates. However, physical presence of Candidates along with original documents is must at the time of admission.
6. All the documents of the Candidates must be physically verified by the College Authorities.
7. The names/details of the admitted Candidates must be entered on the IntraMCC portal by the College Authorities. The said names must be entered only after the College Authorities have correctly verified all the documents/details etc. of the Candidates and the fees has been remitted by the Candidate. Once entered, no name can either be taken out or no alterations/changes can be made in the data entered on the Intra-MCC portal.
8. Candidates must be physically present during the time of admission/verification of documents at the College. Any Authorized Person in absence of the Candidate must not be entertained.
9. Colleges must make the whole allotment process transparent by recording the same and maintaining the CCTV footage of the whole allotment process and must be well documented by maintaining the attendance record etc. The said record(s) must be well maintained by the Colleges in order to enable the MCC or any Authority to verify the details if and when needed.
10.NRI seats must only be allotted to those Candidates whose name is mentioned in the eligible list of NRI candidates uploaded by MCC on the MCC website www.mcc.nic.in. If the name of a Candidate is not mentioned in the eligible list of NRI candidates provided by MCC then the documents of those Candidates must be sent to MCC at firstname.lastname@example.org before allotting. If the Candidate is found to be eligible for the NRI seat by MCC only then the Candidate must be allotted the NRI seat.
11.All due precautions with regard to COVID-19 to be taken care of by the Colleges.
12.The results of Stray Vacancy Round must be displayed on the website of the College.
13.No extension of timelines will be allowed as the last date for completing the Counselling is 31.12.2020.
14.Any Legal complication/enquiry by any Authority due to merit violation or any mistake/default occurred during the conduction of the Stray Vacancy round shall be the responsibility of the College and MCC shall not be held liable for the same.
15.A schedule for Stray vacancy Round regarding date of registration, publication of merit list, verification of documents and admission may be prepared at college level and uploaded on college website for information/knowledge and benefit of the Candidates.
16.Candidates are advised to check their eligibility conditions from the College website before participating in the Stray Vacancy Round as the eligibility conditions are different for different Colleges- Central Universities, Central Institutes, AIIMS & JIPMER.
17.The Stray Vacancy Round for Central Institutes of Delhi will be conducted by the Authorities of VMMC & SJH.
To view the official notice, click on the following link: