NEET PG 2021 application deadline ends today, Register now
New Delhi: The application deadline for the prestigious PG Medical entrance test for admission to MD, MS and PG Diploma courses, NEET PG 2021 is going to end today. The interested candidates who have not registered yet can apply with the National Board of Examinations (NBE) till 11.55 pm today.
NEET PG 2021 will be held on April 18 for admission to 10,821 Master of Surgery (MS) seats, 19,953 Doctor of Medicine (MD) seats, and 1,979 PG Diploma seats offered by 6,102 government, private, deemed and central universities.
NEET-PG is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination for admission to various MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses as per Section 61(2) of the National Medical Commission Act, 2019 read with 10 (D) of Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. No other entrance examination, either at the state or the Institution level, shall be valid for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma courses. Qualifying NEET-PG is mandatory for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma courses under various Universities/ Institutions in the country. NEET PG is mandatory even for foreign nationals seeking admission in medical courses in India.
Availability of the Information Bulletin
23rd February 2021 Onwards
Online Submission of Application
23rd February (3 PM Onwards) to 15th March 2021(Till 11:55PM)
Edit Window for All the Candidates
19th March 2021 to 21st March 2021
Final Edit Window to rectify Deficient/Incorrect Images:
3. Thumb Impression
2nd April 2021 to 4th April 2021
Issue of Admit Card
12th April 2021
18th April 2021
Declaration of Result
By 31st May 2021
Category of Candidate
GST @ 18%
TOTAL AMOUNT PAYABLE*
General and OBC
SC, ST, PWD
*Excluding charges as may be applicable by various payment gateways.
2. Applications once submitted cannot be withdrawn. Fee shall neither be carried forward to a future date nor refunded under any circumstances. Any claim for refund, adjustment or carrying forward of Application fee will not be entertained on successful submission of application and payment of fee.
3. How to pay: The prescribed exam fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or other modes as may be made available and have been provided on the web page. Fee can not be deposited through any mode other than the payment gateway available while submitting online application form submission.
4. Examination fees in respect of candidates who are absent or have been declared ineligible due to any reason will be forfeited. Candidates are advised to read the information bulletin for NEETPG 2021 carefully and satisfy the terms and conditions for fulfilment of eligibility criteria before proceeding for payment of fees.
Steps to apply for NEET PG 2021:
Visit NBE website nbe.edu.in
Go to 'NEET PG 2021' and click on new registration
Fill the Registration Form for obtaining Application ID (User/Login ID) and password
Login and fill the Application Form, upload documents
Choose your Test City and pay the application fee
Submit the form and take a printout.
The eligibility criteria for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses is as follows :
1.Candidates in possession of MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the NMC Act, 2019 and the repealed Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and possessing permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the NMC/ the erstwhile Medical Council of India or State Medical Council and have completed one year of internship or are likely to complete the internship on or before 30th June 2021, may apply for NEET-PG 2021 through online application system at website https://nbe.edu.in
CUT-OFF DATE FOR COMPLETION OF INTERNSHIP
30TH JUNE 2021
2. Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of NEET-PG 2021 will not be permitted to appear in the examination and/or counseling. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the NEET-PG 2021, the results/ candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be cancelled.
3. Requests for appearing in NEET-PG 2021 from candidates completing internship after 30th June 2021 or having qualifications that are not recognized as per the NMC Act, 2019 and the repealed IMC Act, 1956 shall be summarily rejected. Candidates are further advised not to canvass for the same.
4. The dates indicated by candidates with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship in the application form (i.e. internship starting and completion date) shall be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship completion certificate at the time of counseling/admission in allotted Medical College/ Institute.
5. The cut off dates for the recognition of the Medical Colleges, from where the candidates have passed their MBBS Degree Course and completed compulsory rotatory Internship for the year 2021 will be as prescribed by the NMC/ the erstwhile Medical Council of India. The Colleges recognized after the cut- off date prescribed by the NMC will not be considered.
6. Registration with the NMC/ the erstwhile Medical Council of India or State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished by the candidates on the day of examination and at the time of counseling/admission.
7. Some of the Universities/Institutions are having regulations that candidates who are already pursuing the PG Course in their University or in another University are not eligible for admission till they complete the course. The candidates who are already pursuing PG Courses either through All India Quota or State Quota and are applying for a seat under All India Quota/State quota seats may confirm the eligibility conditions of that University in this regard. NBE/MoHFW/Designated Counseling Authority shall not be responsible if such candidates are refused for admission. Such candidates may opt for the subject and the college at their own risk and cost.
8. The definition of NRI for admission to Deemed University shall be as per Hon'ble Supreme Court order dated 22/08/2017 in WP 689/2017.
9. Eligibility of candidates issued admit card for the examination shall be purely provisional. Appearing in NEET-PG 2021 does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma courses
10.Eligibility criteria for Foreign Medical Graduates: Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualifications from Medical Colleges outside India should have qualified the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (Screening Test) as per Screening Test Regulations, 2002 which is conducted by National Board of Examinations. Further, they should have been registered with the NMC/ the erstwhile Medical Council of India or State Medical Council and should have completed their internship or likely to complete their internship on or before 30th June 2021. Foreign Medical Graduates are required to bring their FMGE Pass certificate issued by NBE on their testing day alongwith the provisional/permanent registration certificate issued by a medical council.
11.Eligibility criteria for Foreign Nationals: It is not mandatory for foreign nationals to have temporary registration with National Medical Commission (NMC) at the time of writing NEET-PG. Foreign Nationals can write NEET-PG without registration with NMC. The NMC may, on payment of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the duration of the Post Graduate course limited to the medical college/institution to which he/she is admitted for the time being exclusively for pursuing postgraduate studies. Provided further that temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such person is duly registered with appropriate registering authority in his own country where from he has obtained his Basic Medical qualification, and is duly recognized by the corresponding Medical Council or concerned authority."
Admit Card & Test Day Procedures
1. Admit Card: Admit cards shall be made live on NBE website https://nbe.edu.in on 12th April 2021. Admit cards will not be issued to candidates found ineligible before conduct of examination.
2. Candidates will be informed through SMS/Email alerts and website notice regarding availability of the admit card on NBE website. Admit card will not be sent to the candidates by Post/ Email.
3. Candidates are required to download their admit card from the NBE website and affix firmly their latest passport size photograph in the space provided on the admit card. The photograph must meet following specifications:
• Size of photograph : Minimum 35x45 mm (and not larger than the box printed on admit card for pasting the photograph) with at least 75% area on the photograph should be occupied with the face & head of the candidate.
• It should be a Colour photograph with white background
• The photograph needs to display full front view of the face with a neutral expression. No Caps, Stethoscope, Goggles, Ornaments to be worn.
• The photograph should not have reflection or shadow on the face with red eyes.
• The photograph needs to be printed on a high quality paper with at least 600 dpi Resolutions.
• The photograph must not have kinks, scratches and stains.
4. Test Day Procedures: NBE shall be conducting the Social Distanced - Computer Based Test (SD-CBT) in safe and secure environment maintaining social distancing norms wherever needed. NBE reserves its rights to review the test day processes of conduct of CBT in wake of changing scenario of COVID-19 pandemic.
5. Entry of Candidates as per Time Slots given in the Admit Cards: Candidates are required to report at the 'Reporting Counter' of test venue at as per time indicated in their admit cards. To avoid crowding at the test venue entry, there will be staggered time slots for candidates to report. Candidates will be required to report at the exam venue as per the time slot informed via SMS on their registered mobile number one day prior to exam date. The reporting counter will close 30 minutes prior to the test start time. This will allow time for security checks, identity verification and checking in for examination.
6. Candidates reporting late or beyond the prescribed time shall not be allowed to appear in the exam under any circumstances. NBE shall not be responsible for any delayed arrival of the candidate in reaching the centre due to any reason.
7. NBE/Test centre/Designated Agency/Staff on duty shall not be liable under any circumstances for delayed reporting and/or non presentation of mandatory documents.
8. Test Centre Location: Exact address and location of the test centres shall be indicated in the admit card. Candidates are advised to familiarise themselves with the test centre locations at least one day prior to the examination day and ensure that they report for the exam as per scheduled time only.
9. Please note that only the candidates who have been issued admit card will be allowed entry inside the examination centre premises subject to fulfilment of documentary requirements.
10.Friends or relatives accompanying the candidates will not be allowed entry in the examination centre premises under any circumstances and will not be allowed to contact the candidate while the examination process is ongoing.
11.Barcode/QR Code Reader at Entry Points: The candidate will flash the admit card and ID proof for verification to the exam functionary standing across the table with barcode/QR code reader. Candidate shall be informed about the assigned lab number.
12.Use of Thermo Guns: All candidates will be checked at the entry point for fever with the thermo guns. In case, any candidate is observed to be having above normal temperature (> 99.14 Degree F) or displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 infection, he/she will be allowed to take the examination in a separate isolation lab.
13.Identity checks will be made upon arrival at the test centre to ensure that there are no unauthorized candidates appearing for the exam.
14.Candidates MUST bring to the test centre the following documents:
i.Printed copy of Barcoded/QR Coded Admit card with his/her recent coloured photograph pasted on it.
ii.Photocopy of Permanent / Provisional SMC/MCI registration*, to be retained by the test centre &
iii.The below mentioned Govt issued photo IDs** (must be original and valid/non-expired), details of which have been provided while filling the application form.
✤ Aadhaar Card (with Photograph): First Preference Provide details of Aadhar Card in the application form and bring it to the test centre if it has been issued to you.
✤ PAN Card
✤ Driving License
Please bring at least one but as many of the above mentioned Photo IDs which are issued to you and details of which have been provided in the application form.
15.In case, any candidate reports to the test center with e-Aadhaar Card with Aadhaar number printed on it as proof of identity, the eAadhaar Card should be a good quality colour print out with clearly visible photograph. The photograph should not have kinks, scratches and stains, and should definitely match with the candidate presenting the e-Aadhaar Card. Decision of NBE in this regard shall be final".
*Indian Citizens/OCI who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualification outside India and qualified Foreign Medical Graduate Examination should bring their original FMGE (Screening Test) Pass certificate issued on NBE letterhead also.
Foreign Nationals who are desirous to appear in NEET-PG are required to bring their passport (original & valid) to the test centre along with any other documents (Registration with Medical Council in their country of nationality) as a proof of they being a medical practitioner in their country.
** The name on the photo identification must match with the name as shown on the Admit Card. If name has changed due to marriage etc, candidate must show the relevant document to substantiate claim for change in name (Marriage Certificate/Divorcee Decree/ Legal Name Change Document/ Gazette notification for name change).
16.Candidates without any valid ID proof shall not be allowed to enter the examination premises. 17.Unfair means case shall be registered against the candidates producing false/forged documents/ID Proofs.
18.Security at the test centre: Candidates will not be allowed to take the following items beyond security check point under any circumstances:
• Any stationery item like textual material (printed or written), notes, Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Pen, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Eraser, etc..
• Any electronic device like Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Earphones, Microphone, Pager, wrist watch/Health Band, Calculator, Electronic Pen/ Scanner etc.
• All ornaments like bracelets, Ring, Earrings, Nose-pin, Chain/ Necklace, Pendants, Necklace with pendants, Badge, Brooch etc.
• Other items like Wallet, Goggles, Handbags, Belt, Cap etc.
• Any eatable item opened or packed, soft drinks etc.
• Any other item which could be used for unfair means, for hiding communication devices like wireless/Bluetooth device, spy camera etc.
19.Candidates will be permitted to carry certain items with them to the examination lab:
• Face Mask
• Personal Transparent water bottle (The practice of water dispenser shall be discontinued in SD-CBT)
• Personal hand sanitizer in a transparent bottle (50ml)
• Exam related documents (Admit card, ID Card etc)
20.No arrangement will be made at the centres for keeping any articles/items belonging to the candidates. In case any candidate is found in possession of any of the barred items inside the centre beyond the security check point, it will be considered as use of unfair means and action will be taken against the candidate in accordance with the relevant provisions. To avoid any hardship candidates are advised not to bring prohibited items along with them at the test Centre.
21.Frisking with Hand Held Metal Detector (HHMD) will be done.
22.Finger Biometrics of candidates shall be captured at the time of registration for the test at test venue. In addition, photograph of the candidates shall be captured on the exam day at the centre. Face ID shall be verified at the time of registration for the test and at each bio-break & during the conduct of examination. Candidates are requested to cooperate with this essential activity to avoid any cases of impersonation. This is a security feature which will ensure that only genuine candidate appear for the exam. Any candidate not adhering to the aforementioned security measures will not be allowed to take the test.
23.After verification of ID and capture of Face ID and Finger Biometric, candidates will be escorted to the designated computer terminal at the test centre ensuring social distancing and a Invigilator will assist the candidate for check-in process of the test.
24.Candidates are required to keep their admit card and photo identification with them at all times during the conduct of examination.
25.Candidates are required to listen to the invigilator's instructions to begin the exam. Each workstation will be blocked from three sides – front, left and right. Candidates are advised not to look around at other candidates as there will be surveillance cameras also that will record video.
26.No rough paper for any rough work or pen shall be provided at the centre.
27.Any suspicious or disruptive behaviour on part of the candidate may lead to cancellation of candidature. For any issues during the exam, candidate may raise his or her hand to notify Invigilator.
28.In Manual Attendance, candidate signatures will be taken on the attendance sheet.
29.In case of any technical disruption during the test, rest assured that a registered candidate will get complete allocated examination time.
Description of failure
Standard actions taken
Disruption happens (e.g Power Failure) during the exam time after the candidates have logged in (either for one or more candidates)
No action necessary. The timer will stop when the failure occurs and will resume when the failure is rectified.
There will be no time loss in allocated examination time due disruption/failure.
Candidate machine is locked during the exam. (e.g Loss of connectivity with the Primary Server)
IT Manager in each exam room verifies and unlocks the candidates account and the timer starts from the same point where the candidate had left.
There will be no time loss in allocated examination time due to this locking.
Candidate complains of any specific issues in the machine (e.g screen flickering, mouse issue, system getting locked/hanged repeatedly etc)
On reporting of the issue , IT Manager/Invigilator verifies and locks the candidate machine. The candidate is shifted from their allotted seat to buffer seat in same or other lab during the examination.
There will be no time loss in allocated examination time due to this shifting
1.Qualifying criteria: The eligibility criteria for participation in counseling towards allotment of PG seats conducted by designated counseling authority shall be in accordance with the Post Graduate Medical Education Regulations (as per latest amendment) notified by the NMC/ the erstwhile MCI with prior approval of MoHFW, Govt. of India.
(Including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)
2.Date of declaration of result:
The result for NEET-PG 2021 will be declared by 31st May 2021. The result shall be available at NBE website: https://nbe.edu.in
3.Candidates can download their score card from NBE website using their login credentials.
4.There shall be NO re-evaluation or rechecking or re-totaling of responses marked by the candidates. Requests/Queries for reevaluation/re-totaling shall not be entertained.
5.VALIDITY OF NEET-PG 2021 RESULT
i.The validity of the result of NEET-PG 2021 shall be only for the current admission session i.e. 2021 admission session for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses and cannot be carried forward for the next session of admissions for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses. Kindly note that the registration of admissions for MD/ MS/PG Diploma courses is governed by Post Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by the NMC/ the erstwhile Medical Council of India with prior approval of Central Government and the Judgments of Hon'ble Supreme Court of India.
6.Tie breaker criteria: In the event of two or more candidates obtaining same score, the merit position shall be determined using following tie breaker criteria in descending order:
A. Candidate having greater number of correct responses in the question paper will be placed at a better merit position.
B. Candidate having lesser number of negative responses in the question paper will be placed at a better merit position.
C. Older candidate will be placed at a better merit position.
D. Candidate securing higher aggregate marks (in percentage) in all MBBS Professional Examinations will be placed at a better merit position
7.Publication of merit lists:
i.NEET-PG 2021 rank: This is the overall merit position of the candidate amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET-PG 2021.
ii.All India 50% quota rank: This is the overall merit position of the candidate amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET-PG 2021 and are eligible for All India 50% quota counseling and is valid only for All India 50% quota MD/MS/ PG Diploma Courses (2021 admission session).
iii.All India 50% quota Category Rank: This is the overall merit position of the candidate in the category (OBC/SC/ST) as opted by the candidate in the NEET–PG 2021 amongst the candidates of the same category who are eligible for All India 50% quota counseling and is valid only for All India 50% quota MD/MS/ PG Diploma Courses. (2021 admission session)
8.Result for all india 50% quota seats:
i.The result for NEET-PG 2021 will be declared by 31st May 2021. The mark sheet-cum-result certificate for NEET-PG 2021 examination - All India 50% Quota can be downloaded from the website https://nbe.edu.in after the declaration of result.
ii.Only those candidates will be eligible to participate in the counseling for All India 50% quota seats for 2021 admission session who fulfill the eligibility criteria provided by designated counseling authority for All India 50% Quota seats.
iii.It is hereby clarified that a candidate may qualify NEET-PG 2021 as per criteria mentioned in para 10.1 but may not be in the list of candidates eligible for counseling for All India 50% quota seats based on eligibility criteria provided by designated counseling authority. Such a candidate is however eligible to be considered for counseling for State quota seats in accordance with applicable regulations, qualifying criteria, applicable guidelines and state reservation policies.
iv.Candidates securing less than 50th percentile (40th in case of SC/ST/OBC (Including PWD of SC/ST/OBC) and 45th in case of UR PWD candidates) in NEET-PG 2021 will not be considered for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma courses and no merit position or rank shall be given to such candidates.
v.In order to be eligible for admission to Postgraduate Course for an academic year, it shall be necessary for a person with benchmark disabilities as specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, to score the minimum marks of 45th percentile for General Category and 40th percentile for SC/ST/ OBC in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET).
vi.Centres for issuing PWD certificates: 11 Centres are identified for issuing of PwD certificate for 50% AIQ and Central Institutions/Universities. Refer Annexure to this bulletin for details of these centres.
9.Result for state quota seats
i.State quota seats in all Medical Institutions in a State and seats in institutions established by State Govt., Universities established by an Act of State/Union Territory Legislature, Municipal Bodies Trust, Society, Company or Minority Institutions shall be filled by utilizing the merit list of NEET-PG. No State government/private medical college/ universities shall be conducting any entrance exam at their own level.
ii.NBE shall be providing only the data of candidates and their marks in NEET-PG 2021 to the designated counseling authority without applying eligibility criteria, reservation criteria etc of the concerned states. State quota rank, state category rank, benefit for In-service candidates, rural posting (if applicable) etc shall be determined/ generated by the designated agency/ authority of the concerned States/UTs/concerned authority as per applicable Regulations, eligibility criteria, guidelines and applicable reservation policies.
iii.NBE shall not be preparing the merit list for any State quota seats / Private Medical College / Universities.
iv.Designated Counseling Authority for State Quota seats is requested to create customized application forms to determine the eligibility of the candidates for opting for respective state quota seats based on applicable eligibility criteria, reservation policies, benefit to in-service candidates, benefit to candidates who have undergone rural / difficult area postings..
v.NBE does not verify the information provided by the candidates during online submission of application form and hence candidature will be purely provisional subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria as mentioned in the Information Bulletin for NEET-PG 2021 & criteria of State/Universities/ Institutions concerned.
vi.Candidates must verify from the respective State Government/UTs if at all they will be considered for admission to State Quota Post Graduate seats/Institute Pool based on applicable Regulation and/or domicile criteria, State/Institute of Graduation, reservation policy etc. Merely appearing/ passing in NEET-PG 2021 does not make a candidate qualified and/or eligible for State Quota Seats/admission to Private Universities & Institutes.
Counseling And Reservation
1.Reservation of PG seats shall be as per the norms of the Government of India and respective State Governments as may be applicable.
2.A separate handbook informing details of the counseling process and applicable reservation shall be released by the designated counseling authority for NEET-PG 2021.