KGMU issues notice on resumption of MBBS classes
Lucknow: Declaring the resumption of MBBS classes, the King George Medical University (KGMU) has released an official notice for all the concerned medicos and administration.
All MBBS students of 2018 batch have been directed to report for the same.
In the circular issued under the authority of Dean, Faculty Medicine at KGMU, it has been clearly stated:
In reference to a letter received from Dr. Rajneesh Dubey, Additional Chief Secretary, Government of Uttar Pradesh Vide G.O no. 780/71-4-2020 dated 21st August 2020 regarding starting classes of MBBS 2nd Year (2018 Batch ) students, all the MBBS 2018 batch students hereby directed to join their classes from 1st September 2020. Students have to report from 1st September 2020 to 3rd September 2020 for covid-19 testing/training and thereafter classes.
Earlier, a similar notice was released by the AIIMS authorities. In order to restart the physical classes for MBBS students, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) had released a plan required to be followed by all the authorities at all departments of the institute.
1. Physically Class for MBBS (3rd, 5th, and 9th semester) students shall start from 7th September 2020. It is likely that didactic lectures will continue to be delivered online while clinical posting/demonstrations are held physically.
2. For 7th Semester Students Postings will Continue Online till 30th September. Physically posting including Ballabhgarh, other departments, and Skills Classes will start on 1st October.
3. For 1st Professional Students revision classes in Anatomy /Physiology/Biochemistry shall be held From 7th September to 20th September 2020 and 1st professional examination shall be held after 20th September ( dates to be decided by examination section). Marks of Internal assessment that Have been missed will be added to the marks of the professional exam. There will be no online classes of 3rd Semester during revision class.
4. For 5th Semester Students, 2nd Pre-professional examination shall be held from 15th November 2020 and 2nd Professional examination shall be held from 16th December 2020 (dates to be decided by the examination section). Marks of Internal assessment that Have been missed will be added to the marks of the pre-professional exam.
5. For 9th Semester Students, posting shall start from 7th September, 3rd pre-professional examination shall be held from 1st November and 3rd professional examination shall be held from 16th December 2020 (dates to be decided by the examination section).
6. All dates are subject to change based on Government rules and COVID Pandemic situations.
7. CRs of the respective semester may contact the concerned department to decide on the topics and schedule for revision classes.
8. The Hostel Section Will develop and disseminate SOPs for students in the hostels including screening for COVID -19 sanitation, use of mess, mask, etc.