NEET 2021: Check out Do's and Don'ts for Exam Day
The prestigious entrance test to MBBS, BDS and AYUSH courses, NEET 2021, with now being a week away, the candidates are advised to go through a complete list of dos and don'ts to avoid last-minute surprises and confusion during the exam day.NEET is the gateway to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, and BHMS Courses across the country. It has been a qualifying entrance exam since 2020 for admission...
The prestigious entrance test to MBBS, BDS and AYUSH courses, NEET 2021, with now being a week away, the candidates are advised to go through a complete list of dos and don'ts to avoid last-minute surprises and confusion during the exam day.
NEET is the gateway to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, and BHMS Courses across the country. It has been a qualifying entrance exam since 2020 for admission to the MBBS courses in AIIMS & JIPMER (although such Medical Institutions are governed under separate Statutes)
Through NEET, candidates will be granted admission to 83,075 MBBS, 26,949 BDS, 52,720 AYUSH, 525 BVSc and AH seats. The admission to 1,899 AIIMS and 249 JIPMER MBBS seats will be through NEET 2021.
The NEET 2021 will be held on Sunday, September 12, 2021, in 13 languages. The exam conducting body has put out an extensive list of do's and don'ts for the exam day mandatorily to be followed by the candidates so as to avoid any confusion.
Candidates, who are set to appear for the examination are advised to check out the following set of instructions concerning the admit card, barred items, dress code, exam hall appearance and rules, reporting time as well as instructions for parents/ guardians and much more.
NEET 2021 ADMIT CARD
All candidates need to have their admit card with them at all times while appearing for the exam. The candidates are advised to read the instructions given in this article as well as on the Admit Card carefully and follow them scrupulously during the conduct of the examination.
1. The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidates, subject to the fulfillment of the eligibility conditions.
2. The candidate has to download the Admit Card from the NTA website and appear for the Examination at the given Centre on Date and timing as indicated in their Admit Card.
3. No candidate will be allowed to appear at the Examination Centre, on the Date and Timing other than that allotted to him/her in his / her Admit Card.
4. In case a candidate is unable to download his/ her Admit Cards from the website, he or she may approach the Help Line between 10:00 am to 05.00 pm or write an email to NTA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. In case of any discrepancy in the particulars of the candidate or his/her photograph and signatures shown in the Admit Card and Confirmation Page, the candidate may immediately approach the Help Line between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm. In such cases, candidates would appear in the Examination with the already downloaded Admit Card. However, NTA will take necessary action to make corrections in the record later.
a. The candidate may note that Admit Card will not be sent by post.
b. In no case, the duplicate Admit Card for NEET (UG)-2021 would be issued at the Examination Centres.
c. The candidate must not mutilate the Admit Card or change any entry made therein.
d. Candidates are advised to preserve their Admit Card in good condition for future reference.
e. No Admit Card shall be issued to the candidates whose Applications are found to be incomplete for any reasons (including indistinct/ doubtful photographs/unsigned Applications) or who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria for the examination.
f. Issue of Admit Card, however, shall not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility which shall be further scrutinized at subsequent stages of the admission process.
BARRED ITEMS AND DRESS CODE While appearing for NEET 2021
a) Any item like textual material (printed or written), bits of papers, Geometry/Pencil Box, Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Pen, Scale, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Eraser, Calculator, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner, etc.
b) Any communication device like Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Earphones, Microphone, Pager, Health Band, etc.
c) Other items like Wallet, Goggles, Handbags, Belt, Cap, etc.
d) Any Watch/Wristwatch, Bracelet, Camera, etc
e) Any ornaments/metallic items
f) Any food items opened or packed, water bottle, etc.
g) Any other item which could be used for unfair means, by hiding communication devices like a microchip, camera, Bluetooth device, etc
[Note: Any applicable order of Hon'ble Supreme Court/High Courts will be followed in this regard].
INSTRUCTIONS TO BE FOLLOWED IN THE EXAMINATION HALL BY NEET 2021 CANDIDATES
Timing and Duration of Examination 02.00 pm to 05.00 pm (3 hours)
• Last Entry to the Examination Centre 01.30 pm
• Sitting on the seat in the Examination Hall/Room 01.15 pm onwards
• Announcement of Important Instructions and Checking of Admit Cards by the Invigilator 01.30 pm to 01.45 pm
• Distribution of Test Booklet by the Invigilator 01.45 pm
• Writing of particulars on the Test Booklet by the Candidate 01.50 pm
• Test Commences 02.00 pm
• Test Concludes 05.00 pm
4. During the examination time, the Invigilator will check Admit Card of the candidates to ascertain the identity of each candidate. The Invigilators will also put their own signature in the place provided in the Answer Sheet and on the Attendance Sheet.
5. A candidate who comes after 01:30 p.m. shall not be permitted to enter the Examination Centre under any circumstances.
.6. Candidates must bring ONLY the following documents on the day of examination at the test centre. Candidates who will not bring these will not be allowed to sit in the examination.
• One passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form) for pasting on the specific space in the attendance sheet at Centre during NEET (UG) - 2021 Examination.
• Any one of the authorized photo IDs (must be original and valid and like PAN card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhaar Card /Ration Card/ Class XII Admit Card with Photograph /any other valid photo ID issued by the Government.
• PwBD certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if claiming the relaxation under PwBD category.
• Scribe (Letter of Undertaking of using own scribe), if applicable.
UNFAIR MEANS, PRACTICES, AND BREACH OF EXAMINATION RULES FOR NEET 2021
f) Tearing of Answer Sheet, any page of the test booklet, etc.
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS OF NEET 2021 CANDIDATES
The candidate will not be allowed to enter the Examination Centre after 1:30 p.m. Therefore, the candidate shall leave home well in advance taking into consideration various factors such as traffic, location of the Centre and weather conditions, etc.
The candidate will follow all the instructions and maintain discipline in the examination/ Examination Hall.
The candidate will not breach any examination rule.
The candidate will not use or promote any Unfairmeans activity during the examination.
In case, the candidate finds another candidate using Unfairmeans in the examination, the same will be immediately informed to the Invigilators on duty.
The candidate will bring only the following at the Examination Centre:
● Admit Card along with passport size photograph affixed on it;
● One passport-size photograph to be affixed on Attendance Sheet.
● Valid Original Identity proof, PwBD certificate, if applicable.
● One Post Card Size (4"X6") color photograph with white background should be pasted on the Proforma downloaded with the Admit Card and should be handed over to Invigilator at Centre. Note: Candidate who does not bring the downloaded proforma with postcard size (4"X6") photograph pasted and one passport size photograph will not be allowed to sit in the examination and shall lead to his/her disqualification.
The candidate will not bring any barred items at the Centre.
The candidate will cooperate with the staff at Examination Centre during Frisking.
The candidates will report at the allotted Examination Centre well in advance to make themselves available for compulsory physical frisking.
The candidate will follow the dress code for appearing in NEET (UG) - 2021 Examination. If candidates are wearing a customary dress, they need to report at the allotted Examination centre latest by 12:30 pm on the day of examination.
The candidate will regularly visit the website (https://neet.nta.nic.in//) and also check registered email/SMS for any update regarding the Examination.
Garima joined Medical Dialogues in the year 2017 and is currently working as a Senior Editor. She looks after all the Healthcare news pertaining to Medico-legal cases, MCI/DCI decisions, Medical Education issues, government policies as well as all the news and updates concerning Medical and Dental Colleges in India. She is a graduate from Delhi University and pursuing MA in Journalism and Mass Communication. She can be contacted at email@example.com Contact no. 011-43720751