JIPMER publishes Guidelines For Studying Post Basic BSc, MSc Nursing courses, Details
Puducherry: Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) has issued guidelines for studying Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing and M.Sc. Nursing.In a year, not more than 11 candidates can take study leave. Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing and M.Sc. Nursing 5 students each can avail the leave. The 1 remaining can be avail by MPH course. Eligibility for applying...
Puducherry: Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) has issued guidelines for studying Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing and M.Sc. Nursing.
In a year, not more than 11 candidates can take study leave. Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing and M.Sc. Nursing 5 students each can avail the leave. The 1 remaining can be avail by MPH course.
Eligibility for applying study leaves –
1. The age should be more than 50 years on the date of submission of the application form.
2. The student should have regularly served in this Institute for 5 years.
3. NCI should recognise the college.
To regulate applications based on seniority, the administration will issue a circular every year on the 1st of May. Any students wishing to apply for the higher studies should submit the specified application form through the proper channel along with the request to the Director in response to the circular expressing their desire to pursue higher studies and the branch of specialisation/course.
The applications should be submitted latest by 31st May of every year. Only after receipt of necessary approval of the competent authority from the administration, the applicant shall be permitted to apply for the specialized course through proper channel or write the examination as the case may be. The staff member willing to apply needs to take prior approval from the admin or else will not be permitted to attend the course. Late submission of applications will not be accepted.
Criteria for selection –
1. If any entrance exam is conducted for a particular course, the student should appear for the same and qualify to be eligible for admission and then only be considered for study leave.
2. Only those students approved by competent authority can avail study leave as per the central government employees' existing rules. The leave can be taken only once in their service.
3. Students will not be granted own leave for study purpose for both short-term and long term courses.
Students note that if they have already availed the study leave in IIPN11R or in another institution during their service, they shall not be granted study leave again.
JIPMER has further notified that all students who are approved and selected for the specialised course should execute a bond stating that after completing higher studies, they will serve the Institution for a further period of not less than 5 years. However, if the students who have availed the study leave, before the expiry of the bond period leaves the institute, an appropriate penalty as per executed bond will be levied.
The director's decision will be final in all cases regarding sponsoring/allowing candidates for higher studies.
To view the notice, click on https://medicaldialogues.in/pdf_upload/notice-21-175913.pdf