- Medical news & Guidelines
- Cardiology and CTVS
- Critical Care
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Laboratory Medicine
- Health news
- State News
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
- Medical Education
PGIMER issues notice for BSc Paramedical Course Candidates, details
Chandigarh: Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) released details related to BSc Paramedical course admissions.As per the notice, the candidates who have applied for the Computer Based Test (CBT) entrance examination held on 5th August 2022, as an appearing candidate (10+2) are required to upload their qualifying certificate i.e. (10+2, Diploma or other...
Chandigarh: Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) released details related to BSc Paramedical course admissions.
As per the notice, the candidates who have applied for the Computer Based Test (CBT) entrance examination held on 5th August 2022, as an appearing candidate (10+2) are required to upload their qualifying certificate i.e. (10+2, Diploma or other relevant documents) through Institute's website i.e. pgimer.edu.in on 16th August 2022. These documents are essentially required for scrutiny of the applications.
Admissions to the Paramedical Courses are made annually. The session commences in September of each year.
Paramedical courses include –
1. Bachelors in Medical Laboratory Science (Only Medical students) - 4 years
2. BSc Medical Radiology & Imaging Technology (Only Medical students) (Seats below the line are without stipend) - 4 years
3. BSc Radiotherapy Technology – 3 & ½ years
4. BSc Operation Theatre Technology - 4 years
5. BSc Medical Technology (Perfusionist) (only for Medical Students) (without stipend) – 3 years
6. Bachelor of Science (Embalming and Mortuary Science) (Only for Medical Students, without stipend)- 3 years
7. Bachelor of Audiology & Speech-Language Pathology (BASLP) – 4 years
8. BSc Medical Technology (Dialysis Therapy Technology) (without stipend) – 4 years
9. Bachelor of Optometry - 4 years
10. Bachelors of Physical Therapy (BPhT) (Only Medical Students) – 4 & ½ years
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research is a public medical university in Chandigarh and was conceived in 1960 as a centre of excellence. It has educational, medical research, and training facilities for its students, including all specialities, super specialities, and sub-specialities. Apart from the clinical services, PGI also provides training in almost all disciplines of Medicine, including post-graduate and post-doctoral degrees, diplomas, and fellowships. It ranked 2nd among medical colleges in India in 2021 by the National Institutional Ranking Framework medical ranking for 2021.
To view the notice, click on https://medicaldialogues.in/pdf_upload/bsc-paramedical-bph12aug2022165408-183197.pdf