PGIMER informs on seat Allotment for MD, MS course 2020
Chandigarh: The Postgraduate Institute Of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh (PGIMER) has released the list of allotment of seats for MD.MS course July 2020 session. The notice issued to this effect clearly states that tentative list of selected candidates on the basis of merit, who were registered and opted their choice of preferences of specialization for online counselling...
Chandigarh: The Postgraduate Institute Of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh (PGIMER) has released the list of allotment of seats for MD.MS course July 2020 session.
The notice issued to this effect clearly states that tentative list of selected candidates on the basis of merit, who were registered and opted their choice of preferences of specialization for online counselling for admission to MD/MS course, July-2020 session.
Mere reflecting name in the selected list and getting appointment/allotment letter, do not guarantee admission to the course. Their admission will be subject to further verification of original degree/certificates at the time of joining and fitness given by the Medical Board of the Institute. All the selected candidates are directed to report for joining along with relevant original degree/certificates as mentioned in the appointment/allotment letter along with a set of photocopies at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER, Chandigarh by 09.30 AM on 1st July 2020.
The candidates may download their allotment/appointment letter after "accepting" the seat and payment of requisite fee at online counselling portal. They must bring an allotment/appointment letter and fee receipt at the time of joining.
Allotment of seats to Foreign National category will be done shortly.
To view the official notice, click on the following link:
Clarification regarding the allocation of seats under General Category of MD/MS Course
Counselling Schedule for MD/MS course for July-2020 session
151. ROUND (ONLINE COUNSELLING)
Registration & Choice Filling By candidates
Choice Filling/ Locking
Processing of seat allotment (for office use)
Result/ Seat Allotment
Payment of fee through SBI epay and downloading Allotment letter
Reporting/ Joining at PGIMER, Chandigarh
24th & 25th
25th June 2020 by 10 PM
26th June, 2020
27th June 2020, 10 AM
29th Jun to 1st Jul, 2020, by 9 AM.
1st July 2020 at 9 AM at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER, Chandigarh
2ND ROUND (ONLINE COUNSELLING)
(Seat matrix for 2nd round of counselling will be uploaded on PGIMER website on 6th July 2020 at 5 PM)
8th to 9th July,
9th July 2020 by 10 PM
10th July, 2020
11th July 2020, 10 AM
13th to 18th July 2020, by 9 AM.
18th July, 2020 at 9 AM at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER, Chandigarh
3rd ROUND (OFFLINE AT PGIMER, Chandigarh)
(Seat matrix for V round of counselling will be uploaded on PGIMER website on 21st July 2020 at 11 AM)
3rd Round of counselling will be held offline at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER, Chandigarh on 24th July 2020 at 12 Noon.
28th July 2020 at 11 AM at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER, Chandigarh
SPOT COUNSELLING (OFFLINE AT PGIMER, Chandigarh)
(Seat matrix for spot counselling will be uploaded on PGIMER website on 29th July 2020 at 11 AM)
Spot counselling will be held offline at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER, Chandigarh on 31" July 2020 at 12 Noon.
31st July 2020 at 11 AM at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER, Chandigarh
1. 1st and 2nd round of counselling will be Online Counselling and subsequent rounds of counselling will be offline/Physical counselling at Chandigarh.
2. In the first counselling, 5 times candidates against the vacant seats from the merit list will be asked to exercise their choice of preference of specialization. List of such candidates is displayed on the website of the institute.
3. For second counselling all candidates who secured 55/50/45 percentile or above in their respective category will be eligible for exercising their choices of preference of specialization against vacant seats. The candidates already participated in 1st round of counselling will also be required to exercise their choices of preferences afresh to make them eligible for the second round of counselling.
4. Candidates already joined the course after the first round of counselling and interested for degradation are also eligible to exercise their choices of preferences afresh in subsequent round of counselling. However, fee already paid will be forfeited at the time of joining upgraded choice.
5. All vacant seats irrespective of any category (Other than Foreign Nation, Bhutani Nation and Sponsered Category) will be thrown open in Spot round and filled as per common merit list. If the candidate do not join by the due date given in the admission letter, his/her seat will be declared open and filled in subsequent rounds of counselling.
6. 3rd and Spot counselling will be physical counselling and be held at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER Chandigarh.
7. If a candidate joined any course then he/she will be eligible for upgradation in all rounds of counselling, but on joining upgraded choice the fee deposited by him/ her shall be forfeited.In this case, no penalty shall be levied from him/her.
8. If a candidate joined any course and leave after all rounds of counselling/ midway of training shall be levied penalty given in the prospectus.
Please visit the website www.pgimer.edu.in as all-important notices/corrigendum/ addendum/ updates etc. will only be uploaded on the website.
Medical Dialogues Bureau consists of a team of passionate medical/scientific writers, led by doctors and healthcare researchers. Our team efforts to bring you updated and timely news about the important happenings of the medical and healthcare sector. Our editorial team can be reached at email@example.com.