- Medical news & Guidelines
- Cardiology and CTVS
- Critical Care
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Laboratory Medicine
- Health news
- State News
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
- Medical Education
Tamil Nadu Medical Council to launch "Search for a Doctor" facility on its Website, Details
Chennai: Making the process of finding doctors easier, the Tamil Nadu Medical Council (TNMC) in a recent circular has informed about the upcoming launch of "Search for a Doctor" facility in its official website, www.tamilnadumedicalcouncil.org.Further mentioning that the launch of this "Search from the Directory" will be initiated in the third week of April 2022, the State Medical...
Chennai: Making the process of finding doctors easier, the Tamil Nadu Medical Council (TNMC) in a recent circular has informed about the upcoming launch of "Search for a Doctor" facility in its official website, www.tamilnadumedicalcouncil.org.
Further mentioning that the launch of this "Search from the Directory" will be initiated in the third week of April 2022, the State Medical Council has also mentioned other relevant details in the circular dated April 13, 2022.
These details include the the specifications of the facility, directions to doctors for updating their practising details in the website etc.
As per the TNMC circular, the details of this "Search for a Doctor" facility are as follows:
- Public, patients can search for doctors - using speciality/ clinical symptoms and by district & pincode.
- The list of specialists will be displayed to the public in alphabetical order with RMPs Name, registration number, Degree, Speciality, practising address, clinic contact number and Practicing time to the searching Public/Patient.
- The facility is provided at free of cost to the Public and RMPs opting.
The circular has also instructed the way how the registered medical practitioners can update their name in the e-Medical Register and avail this facility. "Those RMPs who have updated their name in e-Medical Register can avail this facility. # Some of the RMPs have already given option to show their practising address, contact numbers, timings while they updated in the e-Medical Register. Other RMPs who have not availed the facility can also opt for it now, on or before 30.04.2022. Those who want to opt to show their practising details in the "Search for Your Doctor" can do it following by logging into TNMC portal using their Registered E-Mail and providing the practice details," mentioned the circular.
- Process of Updating Private Practice Details in TNMC Portal to Exhibit it for Public Display:
The Council has mentioned the following process for the doctors to update their private practice details in the TNMC Portal in order to exhibit it to public-
"- Go to TNMC portal. ( www.tamilnadumedicalcouncil.org )
- Login using your registered mail ID. (if necessary, use forgot password option).
- Go to dashboard.
- Go to Medical Practice details.
- Click that "I am practising option".
- Type your clinic/hospital name in practising institute.
- Choose if Govt or Private or both.
- Click yes in "can it be shown for public display".
- Choose speciality from drop down.
- Type your practising address including district, taluk, state, pincode.
- Type practising time.
- Enter practice landline/mobile number
Your data is ready now for public display. TNMC welcomes and thanks all RMPs for their option to choose this and serve humanity."
"Those RMPs who have registered UG degree on or after January 2020 directly in e-Medical Register can also opt for this by following the above-mentioned procedure," TNMC added in the circular.
To view the official notice click on the following link:
Also Read: Death Certificate Guidelines issued by Tamil Nadu Medical Council
Barsha completed her MA from the University of Burdwan, West Bengal in 2018. Having a knack for Journalism she joined Medical Dialogues back in 2020. She mainly covers news about medico legal cases, NMC/DCI updates, medical education issues including the latest updates about medical and dental colleges in India. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.