NBE issues Corrigendum in Counselling Handbook for DNB Post MBBS, Post Diploma admissions
New Delhi: Through recent notifications, the National Board of Examinations (NBE) has informed about the corrigendum in counselling handbooks for DNB Post MBBS and DNB Post Diploma admissions this academic year.
The counselling procedure has already begun. All the concerned candidates who are appearing for the DNB counselling are requested to view the belowmentioned details of the said notifications uploaded by the NBE on its official website.
The following changes have been made in the Handbook for admission to DNB (Post Diploma) Courses 2020 Admission Session
The Para 4.8 on Page no. 9 of the Handbook shall be read as under:
4.7 It may also be noted that once a candidate joins a seat allotted to him/her through 2nd ROUND of counseling in the NEET 50% AIQ /Deemed/Central universities/AFMS (MD/MS/Diploma) seats 2020 by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC), Government of India or State Counseling through respective State Government, he/she shall not be eligible to participate in any rounds of counseling for the DNB (Post Diploma) 2020 Admission Session.
The following changes have been made in the Handbook for admission to DNB Broad Specialty Courses Including Direct 6 years Courses (Post MBBS) 2020 admission session
The Para 4.7 on Page no. 9 of the Handbook shall be read as under:
4.7It may also be noted that once a candidate joins a seat allotted to him/her through 2 nd ROUND of counseling in the NEET 50% AIQ /Deemed/Central universities/AFMS (MD/MS/Diploma) seats 2020 by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC), Government of India or State Counseling through respective State Government, he/she shall not be eligible to participate in any rounds of counseling for the DNB (Post MBBS) 2020 Admission Session.
The last date for registration is 17th May 2020, so candidates who intend to appear for DNB counseling are requested to register at the NBE till then.
The counseling authority had also released a set of instructions to be followed by the candidates during the admission procedure. Moreover, the tentative seat matrix was also released on 08/05/2020, the breakup of which can be accessed on the following link
Check other details out below:
1. The schedule
Registration and filling Options/Choices of available seats.
8th–17th May 2020
(Upto 05:00 PM)
Processing of Allotment
18th – 21st May 2020
Result of First Round Allotment
By 22nd May 2020
Payment of First-Year Course Fee
22th– 27th May 2020
2. To appear in DNB (Post MBBS)/ DNB (Post Diploma) counseling, the candidates have to register with NBE through the designated website(www.counseling.nbe.edu.in) and also have to fill the choice of preferences during the registration process.
3. All candidates will be registered only at ONE TIME during the start of the counseling process. No registration is permissible once the window of registration is closed. There is no other methodology for participation in the counseling for DNB (Post MBBS) and DNB (Post Diploma) 2020 admission session.
4. Participation in the online counseling for DNB (Post MBBS) shall be strictly as per the eligibility criteria and guidelines mentioned in the Information Bulletin for NEET PG and Handbook for admission to Diplomate of National Board Post Graduate Courses (Post MBBS) 2020 Admission Session.
5. Participation in the online counseling for DNB PDCET shall be strict as per the eligibility criteria and guidelines mentioned in the Information Bulletin for DNB PDCET and Handbook for admission to Diplomate of National Board Post Graduate Secondary Courses (Post Diploma) 2020 Admission Session.
5. The Indicative seat matrix shall be uploaded on the website on commencement of the online counseling.
6. Candidates may note that the allotment of seat in the counseling is subject to the candidates being eligible in all respects and verification of their original documents at the time of joining the allotted institute.
7. Candidate allotted with a seat during the counseling process is required to deposit a One-year non-refundable Course Fee of Rs. 1,25,000/- (excluding payment gateway charges) to confirm and FREEZE the allotment of seat.
8. Candidates who have been allotted with a seat in the first round of counseling are eligible to change/modify the choice of seats in the second round of counseling. However, those candidates who have opted for freezing of the seat allotted to them in the first round of counseling will not be allowed to participate in any subsequent round of counseling.
9. Failure to make payment for the seat that the candidate has opted for freezing shall lead to the loss of the said seat and the said candidate shall stand exited from the process of counseling altogether. The said seat shall then be made available to other candidates in the subsequent rounds of counseling.
10. Candidates will be allowed to report to the allotted institute only after allotments pursuant to the Second Round of Counseling. The original documents are to be verified by the allotted institute.
11. Candidates are also advised to carefully go through the "Process of Online DNB (Post MBBS and Diploma) Counseling – 2020 Admission Session Flowchart" given separately on the website of NBE.
12. The schedule of second-round counseling shall be announced after the announcement of the second round of counseling by MCC, DGHS, MoHFW, Govt. of India.
13. Few new seats are likely to be added in the Second Round of counseling.
14. For any further clarification/assistance related to DNB (Post MBBS) and DNB(Post Diploma) Centralized Merit Based Counseling - 2020 admission session, please email only at counsel ing@natboard .edu . in