Apex Labs oral antiviral CleVira tablets approved as supporting measure for mild to moderate Covid-19
New Delhi: Apex Laboratories Private Limited has recently announced the approvaI of antiviral drug CleVira as a supporting measure for Mild to Moderate condition of Covid-19.
The Chennai based pharma manufacturer and exporter known for more than four decades has received approval from Government of India (Ministry of AYUSH) regulators for CleVira as an additional indication as a supporting measure for Mild to Moderate condition of COVID, making it first of its kind approval in India through various stages of scrutiny at CCRAS (The Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences) and Inter Disciplinary Technical Review committee (ITRC) a 12 member technical committee constituted by Ministry of AYUSH and headed by Dr.S.K. Maulik Former Professor Department of Pharmacology AIIMS.
CleVira is the brain child of Apex's RnD Center based on proven scientific evidence and was launched in Indian market aftermath of Dengue outbreak and associated mortality in 2017.
CleVira is extensively studied for its safety in animal model (Wistar rats) and efficacy in Human subjects in Phase II and III clinical trials . CleVira is an approved Antiviral formulation for the treatment of various viral infections including viral fever associated with or without thrombocytopenia. CleVira has proven for its efficacy as Analgesic, Antipyretic and reversal of thrombocytopenia apart from its Antiviral property.
• Manufacturing and Marketing approval granted for CleVira as a supporting measure for Mild to Moderate condition of COVID-19 as an additional indication in addition to its existing Antiviral approval
• CleVira has shown 86% recovery rate on the 5th day of treatment (86% Patients recovered — RT PCR — CT Value)
• 100% recovery on the 10th day of treatment
• Clinical recovery from all signs and symptoms in 4.1 days
• One tablet twice daily dosing convenience of oral administration
• Safe on Liver and Kidney parameters