Nagpur Shocker: Cardiologist hangs self after giving anaesthesia overdose to husband, children
Maharashtra: In a shocking case, a 41-year-old Maharashtra based doctor allegedly committed suicide after giving anaesthesia to her husband and two minor children in Nagpur on Tuesday. The whole family was found dead in their residence. The police officials have recovered a suicide note from the spot. The doctor was found hanging, while the three family members were found lying in the room.
The police are still investigating the case. Though a suicide note has been recovered from the scene, the reason behind such a drastic step of the doctor is yet unknown.
According to police, "She went to the hospital along with her daughter on a scooty around 6 am on Tuesday and brought a vial of anesthetic drug. After coming back home, she allegedly injected her husband and two children with a heavy dose of the anesthetic and then hanged herself." The police recovered two syringes from the room where bodies of the husband and the two children were found, and another syringe and an empty vial of anesthesia was found in the backyard of the house
Some empty liquor bottles were also recovered from the house, the official said, adding that the probe revealed the doctor's husband used to consume liquor at home.
In a purported suicide note recovered from the spot, the doctor had mentioned that her husband appeared quite depressed since some time and she could not see him "dying everyday", the official said.
After postmortem, the bodies were handed over to their family members and the viscera was sent for forensic analysis.
The police have called the family members and friends for questioning and are also analysing their call detail records.
"We are yet to find out the exact reason behind the extreme step. The couple''s relatives and friends could provide us crucial leads, the official said. He said some of their neighbours told the police that they had never seen the couple quarrelling.
A case under relevant provisions of the IPC has been registered in this regard.