PG Medical Admissions at CMC Vellore, View eligibility criteria, tentative seat matrix, instructions
Vellore: The popular Christian Medical College, (CMC Vellore) has begun the application process for PG Medical admissions for this academic session.
The Directorate of Medical Education and Selection Committee (TN Health) has released the tentative seat matrix and the list of PG Medical candidates approved by the CMC Vellore under admission to management quota.
All the interested candidates vying for MD, MS admission at CMC Vellore can view the said lists as well as the eligibility criteria, schedule, application process, categories mentioned below.
Minority Seats under Management Quota
A. MNW-Minority Network: Minority candidates with 2 years of service in the CMC Vellore network hospitals, who have been recommended by an MNW organisation for a postgraduate course and fulfil the specified criteria for the MNW category as given in the CMC Vellore PG Bulletin 2020, and have undertaken to serve in the network hospitals for a minimum of three years.
B. IP-Institutional Preference: Candidates who have completed their undergraduate MBBS course from CMC Vellore, completed two years of service obligation and are recommended by CMC Vellore, and have undertaken to serve in the network hospitals for a minimum period of three years.
C. MS-Minority Service: Christian minority candidates with 2 years of service in needy areas as specified in the CMC Vellore Medical PG bulletin 2020 (network mission hospitals/leprosy hospitals/Armed Forces/Government PHCsitribal areas/rural and remote areas/work in slums with registered NGOs), who will be required to serve in the network hospitals for a minimum period of three years.
E. GM-General Merit: Candidates admitted to a clinical course in this category will be required to serve in the network hospitals for a minimum period of one year.
Minimum requirements for candidates to be eligible for a postgraduate seat in CMC Vellore
1. PG NEET 2020 qualified (mark equivalent to 50th percentile and above in NEET PG 2020).
2. Date of completion of Internship by 31.03.2020 and PG/Service- obligation by 30.05.2020.
3. Service obligation completion certificate signed by the appropriate authority for candidates who had an MBBS/post-diploma service obligation.
4. A candidate with an MBBS service obligation of more than 2 years, if applying for postgraduate selections, has to get a 2 years' service obligation completion certificate signed by the authorized signatory of the MNW churches/organisations and should be recommended again by the same body. The candidate is eligible to accept a seat only for the course for which he/she is recommended for.
5. A post-diploma candidate with an incomplete service obligation is eligible for admission to a PG Degree course only if recommended again by the same MNW organisation, for the same speciality.
Service obligation period after completing the Postgraduate Course
All MNW/IP/MS/S candidates admitted for MD and MS courses will have to serve a minimum period of three years in CMC Vellore or one of its associated mission hospitals.
GM candidates admitted to a clinical MD and MS course will be required to serve in the network hospitals for a minimum period of one year.
There is no service obligation for candidates admitted in the General merit category of Pre and Para clinical MD. MS and Diploma courses.
MNW/IP/MS/S candidates admitted for the 6 years M.Ch in Neurosurgery course will have to serve a minimum period of 6 years, in CMC Vellore or one of the associated mission hospitals.
GM candidates admitted for the 6 years M.Ch in Neurosurgery course will have to serve a minimum period of 3 years, in CMC Vellore or one of the associated mission hospitals.
Criteria for seat eligibility
Minority Seats under Management Quota
· All candidates are eligible for all available General Merit category seats for all available courses
· All candidates who have applied to CMC Vellore, whose proof of Service has been verified by CMC, Vellore are eligible for all available seats in the Service category.
· All Christian candidates who have applied to CMC Vellore, whose proof of Service has been verified by CMC, Vellore are eligible for all available seats in the Minority Service category.
· Christian candidates who have applied to CMC Vellore, whose recommendation to MNW category has been verified by CMC, Vellore are eligible for MNW seats, in the order of choices submitted at the time of application to CMC Vellore.
· Seats in the Institutional Preference category seats are available only to candidates who have completed their undergraduate MBBS course from Christian Medical College, Vellore, and 2 years of the service obligation for the MBBS course, who have been recommended by Christian Medical College, Vellore.
METHOD OF SEAT ALLOCATION AMONG CATEGORIES
· If a candidate is eligible for an Institutional preference seat but not for an MNW/MS category seat, the candidate must first be allotted to the Service category of that choice of subject, if available, and then only allotted to the IP category
· If a candidate is eligible for a Minority Service category seat, but not for an MNW category seat, the candidate must first be allotted to the Service category of the subject of their choice, if available, and then only allotted to the MS category.
• If a candidate is eligible for a Minority Network category seat, the candidate must first be allotted to the Service category of the subject of their choice, if available, and then to the MS category of the subject of their choice and only then to the MNW category seat according to the choices submitted to CMC, Vellore. MNW candidates are allowed to take a Service or Minority Service seat in any available subject.
• Those Minority Network candidates who are also eligible for IP seats must be allotted the IP seat in the subject of choices given to CMC, Vellore, only if no Service/Minority Service/MNW seats are available in that subject.
Tentative counselling schedule for PG degree diploma courses in Tamilnadu self-financing medical colleges & Minority- network/minority-service/service/ institutional and general seats in Christian Medical College, Vellore Under management quota 2020-2021 session
Date & Time
Date & Time
Rank From 1 to
List of candidates who have applied for CMC Vellore will be published in websites
The final result of 1st
The download of Provisional Allotment Order
From 11.05.2020 09.00 A.M
From 11.05.2020 to
16.05.2020 05.00 P.M
All candidates participating by ONLINE COUNSELLING for PG Degree / Diploma Courses will have to remit a non-refundable amount of. 1000/- through online as processing fee should be remitted by using a Debit Card /Net Banking or Credit Card.
Admission to PG Degree / Diploma courses shall be made through ONLINE COUNSELLING. The detailed online counselling procedure is available in Annexure.
Candidates should take care of choice filling.
Vacancy position for the Courses will be available on websites.
The selection committee does not take responsibility of Connectivity error.
A Candidate who has not registered and choice locking in the 1st round of ONLINE COUNSELLING will not be permitted to the subsequent rounds of ONLINE COUNSELLING. (i.e. second round and mop-up round).
A candidate who has taken a seat and not joined (in person or through e-mail) the course, he/she is not eligible for the subsequent rounds of ONLINE COUNSELLING.
Candidates selected for admission should give a self-declaration form at the time of the reporting (through Physical / Online) to the concerned Medical College. He/she is liable for forfeiture of selection/admission if suppression of facts misinterpretation is found at any time during or after the admission to the course.
Candidates should pay the tuition fee and then download their provisional allotment order and join the course in the concerned Medical College on or before the date and time stipulated during the first phase of ONLINE COUNSELING by following the two modes
(a). PHYSICAL REPORTING:
Candidates would and should produce their original certificates in person at the time of joining in their selected Medical Colleges along with the scanned copy of original certificates to the concerned Medical Colleges.
(b). ONLINE REPORTING:
They can join the allotted college by sending a confirmatory email regarding the acceptance of seat and uploading scanned copies of relevant documents.
In view of the above the participating candidates are instructed as follows:
If a seat is allotted to a candidate he/she may join the allotted seat availing any of the above two options (Physical / Online Reporting).
The following documents are required for Physical / Online Reporting (for uploading) for verification by the College authorities:
(a) (i) NEET PG 2020-Score Card.
(ii) NEET PG 2020 Admit Card.
(b) Aadhar card
(c) MBBS Degree Certificate and Diploma Certificate or Provisional Pass Certificate.
(d) CRRI Completion Certificate.
(e) Permanent Medical Registration Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India /State Medical Council or Provisional Registration Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India/State Medical Council
(f) Eligibility Certificate, if applicable.
(g) A copy of the receipt of payment.
(h) Post Card size colour photograph (4"x6") (size: 50kb to 300kb) the same photo that has been uploaded in NEET PG 2020 to be uploaded.
Candidates are instructed to produce the above mentioned original Certificates/ Documents at the time of joining in the Medical College for certificate verification.
Those who are seeking admission under Linguistic Minority should produce the Nativity Certificate which is obtained from Tamilnadu.
The candidates who are selected at the time of ONLINE COUNSELLING should pay an amount of 2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lakh only) as apart of tuition fee by way of Debit Card / Credit Card/ Net Banking.
The tuition fee is not refundable if the candidate does not join after collecting the provisional allotment order in the second round of ONLINE COUSELLING.
Tuition Fee for Management Quota seats including NRI in Self Financing Medical Colleges will be prescribed by " The Committee on fixation of Fee in respect of Self Financing Professional Colleges".
The above fee structure is applicable for 2020-2021 admissions. The selected candidates have to pay the tuition fees and other special fees etc., at the time of admission in the respective college