This site is intended for Healthcare professionals only.

Unfortunate: 26 year old Woman doctor riding moped dies as kite string slashes her throat

Unfortunate: 26 year old Woman doctor riding moped dies as kite string slashes her throat

“Nikam’s throat got slit due to the sharpness of manja. She fell on the road and started bleeding profusely. She was rushed to a private hospital but was declared dead by doctors,”

Pune: In an unfortunate incident, a 26-year-old doctor riding a two-wheeler died after her throat got slit by manja (abrasive string) of a kite in Pune’s Bhosari area Sunday, the police informed.

The incident occurred when Dr Krupali Nikam’s two-wheeler reached the Nashik phata flyover, a police official said.

The woman was a resident of Pimple Saudagar area in neighbouring Pimpri Chinchwad township.

Inspector Ajay Bhosle told TOI, “She tried in vain to pull the string away. She suffered heavy blood loss, fell off the scooter and fainted. A passerby on the flyover stopped his vehicle and took her to a nearby hospital. She was declared brought dead by the doctors there.”

“She was unmarried. We have registered a case of accidental death. Our investigations are on,” he added

In July last year, National Green Tribunal’s principal bench in New Delhi ordered a nationwide ban on manja after it caused many such unfortunate incidents and caused damage coexisting birds and animals.

The Pune police had already scanned many shops selling manja. Police seized huge stocks of manja and filed cases against shop owners.

Source: with inputs
4 comment(s) on Unfortunate: 26 year old Woman doctor riding moped dies as kite string slashes her throat

Share your Opinion Disclaimer

Sort by: Newest | Oldest | Most Voted
  1. Rip for her .In February 2018 one ladies died in Shivajinager Pune. Her sister tells on news channels to take serious action on sale and use of Nylon manja which is banned. No one take serious action on it causes second accidental death due to Chinese or Nylon kite manja. After complaints by People still manufacture ,sale and use of Chinese manja is still continue. There is need of raides on shops and seized manja and give him heavy punishment .

  2. Rip for her.In February 2018 One Ladies died due to Chinese kite manja in Pune . Her sister told on news to take serious action on salers and users of it .But no one take serious action on it causes another accidental death in October. Nylon manja is banned in India still manufacture , sale and use of it continue after deaths of innocent People and complaints by People

  3. user
    DR YOGESH N CHOUDHARY October 10, 2018, 12:47 pm

    All people selling manjan and using it , should be punished heavily ,

  4. user
    DR YOGESH CHOUDHARY October 10, 2018, 12:46 pm

    RIP ?? HER