Govt approves setting up of AIIMS at Deoghar, 100 MBBS seats to be added
New Delhi: The Centre today approved setting up of an All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Deoghar in Jharkhand.
The facility will be a 750-bedded hospital along with trauma center facilities, an official statement said.
It will have a medical college with an in-take of 100 MBBS students per year as well as a nursing college with an intake of 60 nursing students per year. The institute will have residential complexes and allied facilities and services on the lines of AIIMS, New Delhi, it said.
The AIIMS at Deoghar will have 20 speciality/super speciality departments, including 15 operation theatres. An Ayush department with 30 beds for providing treatment in the traditional system of medicine will also be there at the facility.
A sum of around Rs 1,103 crore has been approved for the project under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY), the statement added.
The AIIMS at Deoghar will consist of:
- A hospital with a capacity of 750 beds, trauma center facilities
- A medical college with an in-take of 100 MBBS students per year
- A nursing college with an int-ake of 60 B.Sc.(Nursing) students per year, residential complexes and allied facilities / services, broadly on the pattern of AIIMS, New Delhi.
- 20 Speciality/Super Speciality Departments including 15 Operation Theatres.
- An Ayush Department with 30 beds for providing treatment facilities in the traditional system of medicine.