NMC gives deadline for submitting eligibility certificate to FMGE candidates
New Delhi: Through a recent notice, the National Medical Commission (NMC) has informed the FMGE candidates that the last date for submission of the eligibility certificate and applications is 22/10/2021 after which the NMC portal will be closed.In terms of Section 13(4B) of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 and Clause 4(2) of the Screening Test Regulation, 2002, an Indian...
New Delhi: Through a recent notice, the National Medical Commission (NMC) has informed the FMGE candidates that the last date for submission of the eligibility certificate and applications is 22/10/2021 after which the NMC portal will be closed.
In terms of Section 13(4B) of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 and Clause 4(2) of the Screening Test Regulation, 2002, an Indian National/Overseas Citizen of India who desires to take admission into MBBS or its equivalent course in a Medical University/Institution outside the country, is required to obtain Eligibility Certificate from the NMC before leaving the country.
It is not permissible for the holder of a primary medical qualification to appear in the FMGE Screening Test without obtaining an Eligibility Certificate from National Medical Commission.
Therefore, the candidates must submit the eligibility certificate to the National Board of Examination (NBE), the conducting body for FMGE, before appearing for the screening test.
The Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) Screening Test is scheduled to be held on 12/12/2021 and as per the requirements, the candidate is not allowed to apply for Screening Test without the Eligibility Certificate.
The last date for submitting the application to the National Board of Examination in Medical Sciences for the same is 03/11/2021.
In order to facilitate the timely issue for the same to all candidates requiring Eligibility Certificate, they must submit their application latest by 22/10/2021 complete in all respects along with the required copies of the certificates.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted for processing. Thereafter, the portal for applying for the Eligibility Certificate to the National Medical Commission shall be closed at 11.59 pm, the NMC notification reads.
All such candidates are requested to intimate their file Tracking No. at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if they intend to correspond regarding their applications.
How to download the Eligibility certificates?
• Visit the NMC website https://www.nmc.org.in
• Click on "Student Login"
• Click on the link as "View RegistrationCertificate".
• Enter the Complete Application Tracking No. (ATN),
• After successful submission of complete ATN No. the applicant will receive an OTP (One Time Password) on their email ID which is registered with MCI. a. If the email ID displayed on screen is correct, then click on "Yes" or else click on "No". b. In case, the email ID is incorrect, then click on "No" and share the changed or corrected email address with the respective sections.
• Enter the OTP as received in the applicant's registered Email ID.
• Email template for OTP to download the certificate
• Click on submit to view the certificate.
• After clicking on "Submit", the certificates can be downloaded.
Earlier, the PIB FactCheck had issued an alert on a fake notice that was doing rounds all across social media in the name of the National Medical Commission and clarified that the public notice asking students pursuing their medical education from foreign institutes to get eligibility certificates from the NMC, was a fake.
Application form for FMGE December 2021 session can only be submitted online at https://nbe.edu.in from 14th October 2021 (3 PM onwards) to 3rd November 2021 (till 11:55 PM).