Maternity, Paternity leave for DNB, FNB Candidates: NBE issues clarification
This comes after a representation in this regard was submitted by a group of DNB doctors to NBE pointing out that while new rules for notified by the central government ( and adopted by various state government and organizations), NBE was still following the 2012 rules whereby female candidates were permitted a maternity leave of 90 days once during the duration of entire DNB course.
Doctors asked NBE, a statutory body to provide Maternity leaves as per recent laws ( 26 weeks as per the Maternity Benefit (Amendment) act 2017) for the benefit of DNB/FNB trainees.
Responding to the point raised by the doctors, through a recent notice, National Board Of Examinations informed about the clarification on maternity/paternity leave for DNB/FNB trainees. The notice states the following:
1. As per the revised leave rules dated 20.03.2018 candidates join on or after 2018 can avail Maternity / Paternity leave, as per the Central or State Government policies, whichever is applicable to DNB/FNB training institute.
2. Any Leave availed by the DNB/FNB Trainee other than the eligible leave mentioned in the revised leave rules dated 20.03.2018, shall lead to an extension of DNB /FNB training to complete the prescribed duration of training as mentioned in the information bulletin and registration letter.
3. DNB/FNB trainees are eligible for stipend either during the leave period or extension of training period as per the policies of the DNB/FNB training institute and prevailing rules.
4. DNB/FNB trainees are required to complete their training, including the extension of training (wherever applicable), by the prescribed cut-off date, for being eligible to DNB/FNB Exit Examination.
5. The eligibility for DNB/FNB Final Examination shall be determined strictly in accordance with the criteria prescribed in the respective information bulletin.
for more details click on the given link: