This site is intended for Healthcare professionals only.

Minor fire at IMA building

Minor fire at IMA building

New Delhi: A minor fire caused due to a short circuit today at the Indian Medical Association (IMA) building here caused cancellation an event midway which was presided by herbal beauty expert Shahnaz Husain.

The event — “Wellness Beyond Frontiers” had to be cancelled midway as the entire room got filled with smoke leading to chaos among those present there.

“The entire hall, where the programme was being held, was filled with smoke which led to a suffocation like situation and people had to leave the venue,” one of the organisers said.

However, by the time the fire broke out, Husain and IMA national president KK Aggarwal had already addressed the gathering.

According to a senior official from Delhi Fire Services, a call was received about a fire in the electrical panel installed on the first floor of the building around 3.45 PM.

“Two fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire and it was controlled within few minutes. No casualty or injuries were reported,” the official said.

Source: PTI
0 comment(s) on Minor fire at IMA building

Share your Opinion Disclaimer

Sort by: Newest | Oldest | Most Voted