AIIMS changes eligibility criteria for PhD Pharmacology admission 2021
New Delhi: Through a recent notice, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) has informed regarding the change in eligibility criteria (Qualification) for Project Code No. D-610 in the Department of Pharmacology for admission to PhD Programme for July 2021 session.All the concerned candidates can view the new qualification for Project Code No. D-610 Department of...
New Delhi: Through a recent notice, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) has informed regarding the change in eligibility criteria (Qualification) for Project Code No. D-610 in the Department of Pharmacology for admission to PhD Programme for July 2021 session.
All the concerned candidates can view the new qualification for Project Code No. D-610 Department of Pharmacology at Page No.17 of Prospectus for Ph.D. Programme July 2021 Session as follows:
M. Pharm (Pharmacology)
For all further updates/corrigendum/ addendum etc. please visit the website www.aiimsexams.ac.in regularly.
To view the official notice click on the following link:
All the interested eligible candidates are advised to take note of the pertinent admission details released to schedule, application procedure, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and fee mentioned below as released by the AIIMS on its official website:
Last date for Online Registration of Application on AIIMS website
(upto 05:00 P.M.)
1. Please fill the Online Application carefully. It may not be possible to make changes after Registration as
2. Any Amendment/Rectification/Change/Editing is NOT allowed in Name, Date of Birth and Community
Department and PWBD status after payment of application fee through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking
and images once uploaded cannot be changed later.
3. Other changes in the online Registration/Application i.e. Nationality, Sponsored to General, General to
Sponsored etc. will NOT be permitted after.
4. Applicants may note that further correspondence will NOT be entertained in this regard.
Date of Uploading Prospectus and Registration of Online Application through web
Last date for Registration of Online application.
Status of application & Rejected application with reason for rejection.
Applicants are required to check on 21.09.2021 through the Registration
Status Tab of their My Page after Login.
Last date for submission of required documents for Regularization of
Rejected Application. No Correspondence will be entertained after this
date under any circumstances and candidates are requested NOT TO
CONTACT the Examination Section.
Last date for Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India to forward
an approval regarding "No Objection" to the Foreign National for
appearing in the Ph.D. Entrance Examination for July 2021 session.
Finalization of Centres and allotment of Roll Nos/Admit Card on website.
Written Test through (CBT) Online mode
To be announced later
Excepted date of declaration of Result
Last date for joining the Ph.D. Program
(Please see the text for details and explanations)
Mode of Examination
Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online]
Duration of Examination
90 Minutes Stage I & II
Date of Examination
To be announced later
Centre of Examination
Number of Shift
Timing of Examination
Timing will be announced later
Language of Paper
Type of Examination
Number of Questions
Stage I & II (30+40=70)
Type of Objective Questions
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
Distribution of Questions
Aptitude related covering English : 30
Subject related : 40
Aptitude related covering English :30
Subject related :40
Correct Answer : One mark (+)1
Incorrect Answer : Minus one-third (−)1/3
Unanswered / Marked for Review : 0
Not Answered : 0
Method of Cut-Off
At least 35 marks in Stage I and II (Combined) to be eligible for
Stage III. Special weightage (described in the prospectus) will be
added only for those candidates who score at least 35 marks in
Stage I and II (combined) and are eligible for Stage III.
Candidates 3 times the number of seats advertised will be called for
Stage III (Department clinical / practical / lab based assessment
carrying 20 marks)
Method of resolving ties
The tie cases will be resolved according to age (Date of birth), the
older candidate shall get preference over the younger one.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY Criteria
Eligibility for Ph. D course (Open candidates)
A candidate seeking admission to the course of study leading to the award of a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
VI. (a)Medical qualification: MBBS/BDS with minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD/MS/MDS/DM/M.Ch. in the subject concerned or Diplomat of National Board of Examination. Candidates who have obtained any of these degrees from medical colleges which are not recognized by the Medical Council of India shall not be eligible to apply.
(b) Nursing Qualification: Candidates holding M.Sc. degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks in Nursing Speciality will also be eligible for Ph. D admission in College of Nursing.
VII. Non-Medical - For non-medical candidate's eligibility shall be Master's Degree (two year's course) awarded by Indian Universities or equivalent in the subject as per requirement of the project.
Candidates holding M.Sc. (Other than M.Sc. Nursing) M.Tech. degree & BAMS will be eligible for the Non-Medical Qualification Category. Candidate having eligibility under non-medical category should have at least 60% marks in the last eligibility examination qualified.
Candidate possessing Master's Degree through distant learning course shall not be eligible
Non-medical candidates should have preferably qualified in any one of the following National Entrance Tests in the last 2 years (July 2019 to July 2021), leading to the award of a fellowship.
Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF
ICMR - JRF
DBT - JRF
NBHM screening test
• Candidates who have qualified in above said National Entrance Tests leading to the award of a fellowship will be given special weightage in the entrance examination as detailed in method of selection part of guidelines.
• Such candidates should apply under the Own Fellowship (OF) category and upload proof of award of the qualifying fellowship in the online form. The fellowships should be tenable at AIIMS, New Delhi
• To be eligible for special weightage marks, ALL the following criteria must be fulfilled:
1. The result of the above listed National Entrance Tests must have been declared between July 2019 and July 2021
2. The award of the fellowship, tenable at AIIMS New Delhi must be based on the result of the above listed National Entrance Tests
3. The letter of award of fellowship must be uploaded with the application form. Passing of the listed National Entrance Tests is not acceptable as proof of award of fellowship.
• Candidates working under Central Govt./Semi Govt./Autonomous organization should submit their applications through proper channel i.e. employer. They will be required to submit a 'No Objection Certificate" from their employer before they are allowed to join the Ph.D. Course.
• Candidates who are likely to complete the requisite qualification and degree by 30.08.2021 may also apply. All such candidates must submit a certificate on the letterhead of the College/Universities, signed and stamped by the Registrar/Dean/Principal confirming that the candidate is likely to complete the eligibility qualification by 30.08.2021. (This does not apply to claiming Own Fellowship (OF), proof of which must be submitted before the last date of submission.)
• Candidates who are completing their requisite qualification after 30.08.2021 are not eligible to take this examination.
• Completing the requisite qualification means that the final result of the qualifying exam must have been declared before the last date specified.
• Applicants from AIIMS Faculty/Scientific Staff for Ph. D. registration will be considered as in- service candidates as per guidelines laid down by AIIMS in this regard.
• A candidate is allowed to submit application for one specialty/department only.
DURATION OF THE COURSE
1. The duration of the course shall be the time period from registration to submission of thesis. The minimum period of registration in respect of all the candidates who are registered for Ph.D. shall be three years. The maximum period of registration shall not exceed five years. Extension beyond the period of 5 years can be given for a maximum period of 6 months on the recommendation of Dean Committee and final approval by Dean/Director.
2. Further extension beyond 5 years & 6 months can only be given by the Academic Committee for a maximum period of 6 months in highly exceptional circumstances (like medical exigencies, natural calamities etc.) and such extension may not be given retrospectively.
3. The Chief guide of Ph.D. Student shall give clear reason for the delay to the Academic Committee and must present the case before Academic Committee.
4. In case of extension beyond 6 years without justifiable reasons and circumstances as mentioned above, the Ph.D. registration of the candidate shall be cancelled.
5. Failure to submit thesis within stipulated time period of maximum 5yrs. with extension after approval upto 5½ years (6 years in exceptional circumstances by prior approval of Academic Committee) shall lead to cancellation of PhD registration of the candidate.
If a candidate fails to submit attested copies of the requisite documents as above, his/her candidature will be cancelled and he/she will not be allowed to participate in subsequent stages of selection/admission process.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION BY CANDIDATES WHO ARE EMPLOYED
The candidates in employment applies for Ph.D. Programme required to submit their applications through proper channel. They should also sign the undertaking in the down loaded copy of Registration Form that they have informed their employer about the submission of the application to AIIMS. If any communication is received from their department/office withholding permission to the candidate's appearing at the entrance examination/admission to the course, the candidature/admission of the candidate will be cancelled, and no further correspondence in this regard will be entertained. (Sponsored candidates for Ph.D. Programme required to route their Registration Form through proper channel).
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION OF "SPONSORED" CANDIDATES
a) Candidates who are permanent employees of any Central/State Government/Armed Forces or the Public Sector Undertaking/Autonomous Body can be sponsored by the respective Government/Defence Authorities or the Competent Authorities of PSU/Autonomous Body.
b) All eligible "sponsored" candidates will be called by the Institute for an entrance test.
c) Seats as shown in the prospectus are available for "sponsored" candidates. Sponsored candidates will be designated as "trainees".
d) The subject for which the candidate is being sponsored should be clearly specified in the sponsorship form by the sponsoring authority. The candidate can be sponsored for only one subject. The application sof those candidates who are sponsored for more than one subject will not be considered.
e) No "Sponsored" candidate will be paid any emoluments by the Institute during the training period. Such payments will be the responsibility of the sponsoring authority (i.e. Central/State Government or Defense Authorities).
f) Sponsored candidates must submit/send sponsorship certificate in original from their employers in the following format along with the application form to the Asstt. Controller(Examinations), AIIMS, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110029. Those who fail to do so should submit it before the date of issue of Admit Cards as mentioned under "AT A GLANCE" in the Prospectus failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION OF FOREIGN NATIONALS/OVERSEAS CITIZEN OF INDIA (OCI)
a) Foreign nationals are required to fill in the prescribed online application form indicating the choice of subject (only one subject) for admission to Postgraduate courses leading to award of Ph.D. Program degree.
b) The foreign nationals are required to send their Registration Form of Online application through Diplomatic Channel. They are also required to appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination along with other candidates. An 'Advance Copy' to be submitted at AIIMS, New Delhi before the last date of online registration. However, the application of all such candidates will be processed only after receipt of the same through Diplomatic Channel.
c) The foreign nationals will be considered against the seats advertised under the "Sponsored" category for Ph.D. Program. They should be registered with MCI before they will be allowed to join the said course. If they are selected for the same.
d) Seats are not reserved in any discipline for foreign nationals (except the bilateral agreement between the Government of India and any other nation).
e) Nominations/No objection for the candidate should reach the Examination Section before the date of issue of the Admit Card as specified under "AT A GLANCE". In case of non-receipt of the nominations/clearance/no objection from the concerned Ministry by due date, their candidature will not be considered.
f) No emoluments will be paid by AIIMS to the Foreign National candidates.
g) OVERSEAS CITIZEN OF INDIA (OCI): OCI registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 are also eligible to appear in PG courses and all terms and conditions applicable for Indian Nationals will be applicable to the candidates. The candidate will submit proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 to be eligible to appear for this test.8. PROCEDURE FOR REDRESAL OF DISCREPANCY NOTICED:
(i) If any discrepancy in any question is found in the Entrance Examination, the candidate is advised to write to Associate-Dean (Exams),AIIMS, New Delhi-110608 within 24 hours on email@example.com.
(ii) Discrepancy, if any, in the Prospectus, Admit Card etc. should be immediately brought to the notice of the
Assistant Controller (Examinations) AIIMS, New Delhi through firstname.lastname@example.org. Complaints received after the examination will not be entertained.
9. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that correct address, Mobile No. & email ID in the Application Form is filled. The Institute shall not be responsible for any miscommunication due to incorrect address, Mobile No. and email ID given by the applicant on the Application Form or non-receipt for any communication.
10. Downloadable Admit cards of all the eligible candidates will be hosted on websitewww.aiimsexams.ac.in as per the schedule mentioned under 'AT A GLANCE'. All the candidates are advised to download their Admit Cards from the website. It may please be noted that the Admit Cards will not be sent by Post.
11. Any Change in the address mobile No. and email ID should be immediately intimated to this office by registered mail Candidate should also ensure that any communication sent at the previous address is redirected to him/her at the new address.
12. If a candidate is at any stage found to have provided false information/certificate or is found to have withheld or concealed some information in his/her application form, he/she will be debarred from admission, his/her residency will be terminated with immediate effect.
13. If ineligibility is detected at any stage, candidature/admission of the candidate will be cancelled without any notice.
14. Candidate must not obtain or give or attempt to obtain or give irregular assistance of any kind during the examination; this will entail expulsion and cancellation of candidature for the examination. The admission of the candidate will be cancelled and appropriate criminal/civil proceedings will be initiated against the candidates, if at any stage of the examination the candidate is found to have secured admission by using any unfair means.
15. The Institute will not intimate the result of Entrance Test individual. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained. However, the marks of individual candidate will be made available on AIIMS website www.aiimsexams.ac.in on completion of the admission process.
16. There is no provision for re-checking/re-evaluation of the answer sheets and no query in this regard will be entertained.
17. The decision of the Director of the Institute shall be final in the matter of selection of candidates for admission to Ph.D. Program and no appeal will be entertained in this regard.
18. Selected candidates must join the course on the date stipulated in the letter of selection, failing which the selection/admission shall stand cancelled/withdrawn.
19. The selected candidates will have to submit the original Permanent Registration Certificate at the time of joining.
20. The selection of students in Ph.D. Program will be subject to medical fitness. No selected candidate will be permitted to pay fee/join the course unless declared medically fit by the Medical Board appointed by the Institute. The decision of the Medical Board shall be final.
21. Each candidate selected for admission shall have to pay the fee/dues within the prescribed period failing which his/her admission shall be cancelled.
22. Private practice in any form during the course is prohibited. The period of training is strictly full time and continuous.
23. The rules are subject to change in accordance with the decision of the Institute to be taken from time to time.
24. Any dispute in regard to any matter referred to herein shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Delhi Courts alone.
25. SUBMISSION OF CASTE CERTIFICATE BY SC/ST/OBC CANDIDATES
After declaration of result of the Entrance Examination, candidates belong to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes should submit, along with other requisite documents, an attested copy of a certificate from any one of the following authorities stating that the candidate belongs to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes in the prescribed form.
A. District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, Collector, Deputy Commissioner, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Deputy Collector, 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate, City Magistrate, Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Taluka Magistrate, Executive Magistrate, Extra Assistant Commissioner.
B. Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate.
C. Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
D. Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and his or her family normally resides.
E. Administrator/Secretary to Administrator/Development Officer (Lakshadweep Island) or as authorized in the Constitution.
The candidate will be required to submit an undertaking to the effect of their caste. The detection of any discrepancy in the caste certificate shall entail cancellation of registration. This is as per the provisions made by Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions vide their order No. 36033/4/97-Estt. (RES) dated 25.7.2003 and No. 36011/3/2005- Estt. (RES) dated 9.9.2005 respectively.
Candidates must note that a certificate from any other person/authority will not be accepted and no further correspondence in this regard shall be entertained. The name, designation and the seal of the officer should be legible in the certificate.
Each candidate selected for admission will have to pay the following Course Duration Fees and dues:
For all Ph.D. Students
to be deposited by every student for the recovery of breakages or loss of Institute's equipment).
Rs. 1000/- (Refundable)
(All Fees and dues payable at the time of admission)
Note: 1. The Hostel Security deposit (refundable) i.e. Rs.1000/-.
Note: 2. Fees and other charges including hostel rent once paid shall not be refunded in any case and no correspondence will be entertained in this connection. However, the caution money will be refunded to those candidates who do not join the course. The caution money must be claimed within one year after completion of the course failing which it will be forfeited.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR Ph.D. STUDENTS AT AIIMS, NEW DELHI
(i) Maintenance of Discipline among students of the AIIMS:
1. All powers relating to discipline and disciplinary action are vested with the Director, AIIMS.
2. The Director, AIIMS may delegate all such powers, as he/she deems proper to the Dean and to such other persons as he/she may specify on his behalf.
3. Without prejudice to the generality of power to enforce discipline under the Rules. The following shall amount to acts of gross indiscipline:
a) Physical assault or threat to use physical force against any member of the teaching or nonteaching staff of any Department/Centre of AIIMS or any other persons within the premises/ Campus of AIIMS.
b) Carrying or use or threat of use of any weapon.
c) Violation of the status, dignity and honour of students belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Castes.
d) Any practice, whether verbal or otherwise, derogatory to women.
e) Any attempt at bribing or corruption in any manner.
f ) Willful destruction of institutional property.
g) Creating ill-will or intolerance on religious or communal grounds.
h) Causing disruption in any manner of the functioning of the AIIMS, New Delhi.
i) Regarding ragging the directive of Supreme Court will be followed strictly. It is as under:
"As per direction of the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India, the Government has banned ragging completely in any form inside and outside of the campus and the Institute authorities are determined not to allow any form of the ragging. Whoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in abets or instigates ragging within or outside any educational Institution, shall be suspended, expelled or rusticated from the Institution and shall also be liable to fine which may extend to Rs.10,000/-. The punishment may also include cancellation of admission suspension from attending the classes, withholding/withdrawing fellowship/ scholarship and other financial benefits, withholding or cancelling the result. The decision shall be taken by the Head of the Institution."
4.Without prejudice to the generality of his/her powers relating to the maintenance of discipline and taking such action in the interest of maintaining discipline as may seem to him/her appropriate. The Director, may in exercise of his/her powers aforesaid order or direct that any student or students.
a) Be expelled;
b) Be, for a stated period: be not for a stated period, admitted to a course or courses of study in AIIMS.
c) Be fined with a sum of rupees that may be specified;
d) Be debarred from taking any examination(s) for one or more semesters.
e) Withhold the result of the student(s) concerned in the Examination(s) in which he/she or they have appeared be cancelled.
f) Be prohibited for appearing or completing any examination for any unfair means like copying taking notes, mobiles or any other electronic gadgets inside the examination halls.
5. At the time of admission, every student shall be required to sign a declaration that on admission he/she submits himself/herself to the disciplinary jurisdiction of the Director and several authorities of the AIIMS who may be vested with the authority to exercise discipline under the Acts, the Statutes, the Rules and the rules that have been framed there under by competent authorities of AIIMS.
(ii) Prohibition of and Punishment for Ragging:
1. Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited, within the premises of College/Department of Institution and any part of AIIMS and also outside the AIIMS Campus.
2. Any individual or collective act or practice or ragging constitute gross indiscipline shall be dealt with under this Rules.
3. Ragging for the purposes of this rules, ordinarily means any act, conduct or practice by which dominant power or status of senior students is brought to bear on students freshly enrolled or students who are, in any way, considered junior or inferior by other students and includes individual or collective acts or practice which:
a) Involve physical assault or threat or use of physical force;
b) Violate the status, dignity and honour of women students;
c) Violate the status; dignity and honour of students belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Castes.
d) Expose students to ridicule and contempt and affect their self-esteem;
e) Entail verbal abuse and aggression, indecent gesture and obscene behavior.
4. The Director, Dean, Hostel Superintendent and Faculty of AIIMS shall take immediate action on any information of the occurrence of ragging.
5. Notwithstanding anything in Clause (4) above, the Dean or any other Faculty member or authority may also suo moto enquire into any incident of ragging and make a report to the Director of the identity of those who have engaged and the nature of the incident.
6. The Dean may also submit an initial report establishing the identity of the perpetrators of ragging and the nature of the ragging incident.
7. On the receipt of a report under clause (5) or (6) or a determination by the relevant authority disclosing the occurrence or ragging incidents described in the Clause 3(a), (b) and (c) the Director shall direct or order rustication of a student or students for a specific number of semester.
8. The Director may in other cases of ragging order or direct that any student or students be expelled or be not, for a stated period, admitted to a course of study as AIIMS, departmental examination for one or more semesters or that the result of the student or students concerned in the examination(s) in which they appeared be cancelled.
9. In case where students who have obtained degree(s) of AIIMS are found guilty under this Rules, appropriate action will be taken for withdrawal of degrees conferred by the AIIMS.
10. For the purpose of this Rules, abetment to ragging will also amount to ragging.
(iii) Anti Sexual Harassment Monitoring Committee:
A statutory committee, comprising of members from the teaching and non-teaching staff as well as students looks into matters related to sexual harassment of students and staff in the college. Any person aggrieved in this matter may fearlessly approach the committee for a fair and concerned hearing and redressal.
(iv) Unauthorized absence of students:
Unauthorized absence of students will be informed to the Students and also Parents or Local Guardians. At least 3 reminders will be issued with a gap of 10 days by the Academic Section to these students. Thereafter the action of cancellation of the registration of the concerned will be decided by the Dean/ Director, AIIMS.
Medical Dialogues Bureau consists of a team of passionate medical/scientific writers, led by doctors and healthcare researchers. Our team efforts to bring you updated and timely news about the important happenings of the medical and healthcare sector. Our editorial team can be reached at email@example.com.