Apply now at PGIMER for PhD Entrance Exam of January 2022 Session
Chandigarh: Through a recent notice, the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) has released the application form of the entrance examination for Ph.D. admission which is scheduled to be held on 26.11.2021. The online registration has been opened from today onwards i.e 01.11.2021. The deadline for filling form is 12.11.2021It is informed to all the seeking aspirants...
Chandigarh: Through a recent notice, the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) has released the application form of the entrance examination for Ph.D. admission which is scheduled to be held on 26.11.2021.
The online registration has been opened from today onwards i.e 01.11.2021. The deadline for filling form is 12.11.2021
It is informed to all the seeking aspirants to follow the general instruction issued by the institute.
As per the notification, the institute has also issued the prospectus and detailing of seats for the candidates. The prospectus consists of eligibility, fee structure, admission requirements, etc. The following is the schedule of registration:
Starting date for online application registration
Last Date for filling form & payment of Online Application
Date & Time of Online Exam Computer Based Test (CBT)
Tentative Date & Time of Declaration of Result
Date & Time of Counseling (tentative)
General Instructions to Candidates
1. Before filling up the Online Application Form, the applicant must go through the detailed Advertisement/ Prospectus available on the PGIMER Chandigarh website. Please proceed to fill the online application only if you possess the minimum Essential Qualifications stipulated for the post in the detailed Advertisement/Prospectus. Otherwise, the application shall be outrightly rejected.
2. The applicants are advised to fill in their particulars in the Online Application carefully.
3. The applicants are advised to fill their correct and active e-mail address and mobile number in the Online Application as all correspondence will be made by the PGIMER Chandigarh through e-mail and mobile number only.
4. Fee once paid shall neither be refunded nor be held in reserve for any other examination/recruitment, under any circumstance.
5. The applicant must upload only relevant documents wherever required in the Online Application. The uploading of irrelevant/illegible/fabricated or password-protected documents may lead to rejection of application by the concerned department.
6. No request regarding any change in the entry i.e. Name, DOB, Educational Qualification, Experience, Category etc. in the Online Application Form will be entertained by the concerned department. So, applicants are advised to read the instructions carefully before submitting the Application. Incomplete Application or Application without fee will be rejected straight away and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard by the concerned department.
7. The applicants are advised to apply online well in time without waiting the last date of submission of Online Applications.
8. Applicants must have good internet facility with reasonable speed, and online payment facility i.e., Internet Banking / Debit Card / Credit Card etc.
9. Entries in the Application Form are required to be filled only in English language.
10. Before starting to fill up the Online Application Form, keep at hand the following details/documents/information with you as per the requirement prescribed in the advertisement: -
• Personal details (Name, Father's Name, Mother's Name, DOB).
• Valid and active Email ID.
• Valid and active Mobile number for receiving SMSs.
• Educational qualifications details with percentage of the marks obtained.
• Scanned photo and signature.
• A facility to take printout of the Application Form and Fee Slip.
• Online Payment facility (Internet Banking / Debit Card / Credit Card)
11. The candidate should fill all details correctly in the Online Application Form and submit it after ensuring that all the particulars/details are correctly reflecting in the Online Application Form.
12. After submitting Online Application Form, Application No. and Password will be generated.
13. After successful submission of online Application Form, the applicants are advised to pay application fee through net banking/debit card/credit card and thereafter ensure to take out the print of Online Application Form.
14. The candidates are advised/directed to retain the printed/hard copies of their Online Application Form with them.
15. Candidates are advised to fill their details in the Online Application Form carefully. After final submission of Online Application Form by the candidate, no change will be allowed, and candidate will be responsible for any mistake in the data filled in the Online Application Form.
In case candidate feels that he/she has filled up the form erroneously, he/she should fill up a fresh Online Application Form along with requisite fee before the closing date. Fee paid earlier shall not be adjusted against the fresh Online Application Form.
16. In the case of submission of multiple Online Application Form by a candidate, the latest Application Form with the latest Application No. only will be considered by the Commission.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Candidates are required to apply online through website https://pgimer.edu.in/ only. No other means/mode of submission will be accepted.
2. The entries in registration form cannot be changed once submitted. Hence, ensure that you enter the required information correctly.
3. The personal e-mail ID and mobile no. should be kept active during the currency of this process. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying online. Under no circumstances, he/she should share/mention e-mail ID to/of any other person.
4. Candidate will have to upload scanned copy of: -
a) His/her recent passport size colour photo (maximum of 80-200 KB Size in JPEG/JPG format).
b) His/her recent scanned signature (maximum of 50-200 KB Size in JPEG/JPG format).
c) Qualification Documents
How to fill Registration Form
1. On Registration page, Applicant must select Post category and fill his/her details carefully.
• Name of the Applicant: This should be same as per your certificate/marksheet of Matriculation/10th/SSC.
• Date of Birth: Use the calendar icon to select the correct date. This should be same as per your certificate/marksheet of Matriculation/10th/SSC.
• Gender: Enter your gender (Male/Female).
• Mobile Number: Should be valid and unique. You will receive your User ID and Password as an SMS on this number only.
• Confirm Mobile Number: Same as Mobile Number.
• Email Address: Should be valid and unique. You will receive your User ID and Password on this email address only.
• Confirm Email Address: Same as Email Address.
• Captcha: The Captcha box is a special set of characters displayed on the screen. You will need to retype the characters in the box provided. This is a safety feature designed to ensure that a human is entering the details and not a computer program. If you have trouble reading the characters, click on 'Get a new image' to refresh the letters.
2. Click on the 'Submit' button to complete the registration. By selecting the 'Submit' button, you are committing to be honest and fair in all your actions and with regards to the information provided in the Registration Form.
3. Within minutes of successful submission of the Registration Form, you will receive a User ID and Password on the registered email ID to confirm registration. Ensure that you check your mailbox immediately and that it is not considered as spam mail. You will also receive the User ID and Password as an SMS* on the registered mobile number. Using these credentials, you may proceed to complete your application. (*Please note SMS will not be sent to international numbers).
How to fill Application Form
1. Registered User click on "Already Registered" to access the Application Form with User ID and Password received on his/her email and mobile number.
2. Click on the 'Go to Application Form' button and read the instructions carefully.
3. Read the Note on pop-up page of the Form before you begin filling the information. You need to fill the Form section-wise. Once the mandatory details in a section are filled, you can move to the next section by clicking on Save and Next.
However, you will not be allowed to navigate to next section if mandatory information is not filled or the required documents are not uploaded. To navigate back to the previous section, you can click on the name of the previous section tab.
4. Upload scanned photograph and signature as per specifications. The photograph and signature should not appear blurry after upload. Save signature and photograph in ".jpg" format.
5. Special care should be taken while making payment as fee for Application Form is not refundable under any circumstances. Fee will only be accepted only through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
6. Once you have completed the last section and click on Submit button. You will be re-directed to payment gateway. After successful transaction, a payment acknowledgment slip (with unique application number, transaction ID, applicant name, category, exam fee and post applied for) will be generated. It should be downloaded by the candidate for any future communication regarding Application Form.
No change can be done after fee submission. Until the payment is successfully made, the application of the candidate will not be considered to have been successfully submitted.
Applications on the prescribed form (to be filled online) are invited for Ph.D, Course of the Institute for January 2022 Academic session. The detail of seats available in the respective course under various faculty members of the Institute is as attached in the link below:
1. Only 07 seats are available under PGI fellowship which will be allotted on the basis of merit in Computer Based Test.
2. Seats other than PGI/Own fellowship are available under Research Scheme category. For the purpose the selected candidates will be funded/supported by the concerned guide/faculty member from the extramural project grants and the PGIMER will not be liable for any financial or any other kind of support.
3. * PI or Co-PI shall be allowed to register only one candidate under the same project.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR Ph.D COURSES
1. General Eligibility: A Candidate seeking admission to the course of study leading to the award of a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
A. For Medical Sciences:
MBBS/MDS/Master of Physio-therapy with minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD/MS in the subject concerned or Diplomate of National Board of Examination. A "Failure" in the examination, "Compartment" or "Re-appear" in the examination will constitute an attempt.
Candidates who have obtained MBBS/MD/MS /MDS/Master of Physiotherapy degree from Medical Colleges not recognized by the Medical Council of India/NMC are not eligible for admission.
B. For Non-Medical/Life Sciences/Social Behavioral Sciences:
The candidates with the following qualifications will be eligible:
a) The candidates who have passed M.Sc/MA/Masters in Engineering or its equivalent/ examination with at least 60 % marks in the subjects mentioned below: from the colleges/institutes/Universities recognized by the UGC are eligible.
For Non-Medical/Life Sciences:
A Postgraduate degree of Master of Science (M.Sc) or Master in Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.) or M.Sc. (Laboratory Technology) in subjects allied to Medical Sciences such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Human Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Life Sciences including Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Anthropology & M.Sc (Human Genomics) and ME/M.Tech.
For Social & Behavioral Sciences:
The candidates having Postgraduate degree in the following subjects are eligible for Social & Behavioural Sciences, Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Nursing, Nutrition, Child Development.
MA/M.Sc/M.Phil in Health Promotion/Education, Health Management, Epidemiology, Environmental Health/Environmental Sciences and Public Health Nutrition/Applied Nutrition/Food & Nutrition, Health Economics/Applied Economics/Economics, Public Health/Community Health and MPH, Audiology and Speech Therapy.
Post graduation in Law i.e. LLM and its equivalent qualification. And
b) As regard to eligibility of the candidates having their own fellowship with stipends from various funding agencies, they shall be exempted from appearing in the entrance exam. Attested copy of the result/fellowship award letter must be attached.
* Candidates with the fellowship from a project (Either independent or in Extramural Project are NOT exempted from entrance examination (CBT).
2. For Sponsored Candidates:
Candidates applying for admission as a sponsored/deputed candidate is required to furnish the following certificates/undertaking with his/her application from his/her employer for admission to the course.
a. That the candidate concerned is an regular employee of the deputing/sponsoring authority and should have been working for atleast three years.
b. That after completion of course/training at PGI, Chandigarh, the candidate will be suitably employed by the deputing/ sponsoring authority to work atleast for five years in the specialty in which the training is received by the candidate at PGI, Chandigarh.
c. That no financial implications in the form of emoluments/ stipend etc. will devolve upon PGI, Chandigarh during the entire period of his/her course. Such payment will be the responsibility of the sponsoring authority.
Deputation/Sponsorship of any candidate by private hospitals, institutes or nursing homes will not be accepted. The sponsoring Institute should not nominate more than one candidate for a particular specialty. Sponsorship/deputation of candidates will be accepted only from the following:
a. Central or State Government Departments/Institutions
b. Autonomous Bodies of the Central or State Government
c. Public sector colleges affiliated with universities and recognized by the MCI. In case of candidate deputed/sponsored by the Govt. Medical College affiliated with Universities and recognized by Medical Council of India, deputation/sponsorship certificate signed by the Principal of Medical College concerned only shall be accepted.
Deputed/Sponsored candidates are also required to appear in the selection test. Deputed/sponsored candidates selected for admission to any course of the Institute are required to make their own arrangement for stay during the period of their studies.
3. For Foreign National
A candidate applying for admission as a Foreign National candidate is required to take the print out of the online application form and furnish the relevant certificates are required to route their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. An advance copy must be submitted at PGIMER, Chandigarh before the last date of receipt of application.
However, applications of such candidates will be processed after receipt of the same through diplomatic channels. These candidates are also required to appear in the entrance examination along with other candidates. A separate merit list of these candidates will be prepared within their own category. There will be another separate merit list for Bhutanese nationals, apart from the list for foreign national seats. Selection of candidates will be made on merit based on their performance in the entrance examination.
The Candidate possessing Master's Degree through distance learning courses shall not be eligible.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING
Before applying, the candidates are advised to go through the admission notice and prospectus displayed on the PGI website and published in the press carefully. Fill in the application form online in accordance with the instructions. Please ensure that no column is left blank. Incomplete application will not be considered and no correspondence will be entertained.
a) A list of the faculty members who are willing to take Ph.D students and how many seats are available under them will be displayed on the PGI website i.e. www.pgimer.edu.in. The Annexure - 6 is required to be recommended specifically by the concerned faculty member.
The faculty member should endorse one or two extra candidates (prospective), than the number of seats advertised under him/her.
b) Applicants for Ph.D. courses who already have fellowship, should choose department and the faculty member (under whose guidance he/she desires to undergo Ph.D. program) and indicate the same on application form. Candidate can apply only in one department.
c) The guide will have the option to accept or not to accept the candidate, who opts to do Ph.D. under that particular faculty member. The candidate may opt. only one faculty member.
d) The candidates carrying their own fellowship from various funding agencies and the In-service medical faculty of PGI will be exempted from the entrance tests and will appear for counselling directly
Please take printout of the duly filled Online Application Fom by logging in with your login id and password. Affix the same passport size photograph (which was uploaded in the online form) on it. It is mandatory for all the PhD applicants to fill and submit the Annexure-6 (recommendations of the concerned faculty member of PGIMER, Chandigarh under whom he/she wants to pursue his/her PhD) along with print out of duly filled online form and required certificates in Room No. 308, 2nd Floor, Training Branch, Kairon Block, PGI, Chandigarh. Applications without the requisite Annexure-6 will not be considered.
1. The candidates who qualify the entrance exam (CBT) are required to submit the above said documents within three days after declaration of result and candidates having their own fellowship are required to submit the same at least 15 days before the counseling. If the candidate fails to produce proof of his/her eligibility as per above qualification, his/her candidature will not be considered and entire responsibility for the same will lie on the candidate.
2. It is mandatory for the PhD applicants who wish to apply as Research Scheme Employees to fill the Annexure-5. Necessary annexure is placed below.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION BY EMPLOYED CANDIDATES
The candidates in employment applying for Ph.D. Programme are required to submit their applications through proper channels. They should also sign the undertaking in the downloaded copy of Registration Form that they have informed their employer about the submission of their application to PGIMER.
If any communication is received from their department/office withholding permission to the candidate's appearing at the entrance examination/admission to the course, the candidature/admission of the candidate will be cancelled, and no further correspondence in this regard will be entertained. (Sponsored candidates for Ph.D. Programme are required to route their Registration Form through proper channel).
DURATION OF THE COURSE & VIVA -VOCE EXAMINATION
A) Minimum period three academic years:-
Under only exceptional circumstances and on the recommendation of the Doctoral Committee that the candidates' work has been completed, the period of course can be reduced to two years. The maximum period up to which a candidate can submit his/her thesis is five years. Ordinarily extension for the submission of the thesis beyond five years will not be granted unless one year prior to the expiry of the 5 years the Doctoral Committee makes special recommendations for extension giving specific reasons.
B) VIVA-VOCE EXAMINATION:-
The candidate should have at least 2(two) publications before the final public (Viva-Voce Examination) defense of his/her.
METHOD OF SELECTION
A) Part-I: Method of selection i.e. aptitude test comprises (a) General Science (b) English, (c) Biostatistics & Research Methodology (d) Mental Ability of total 40 marks. All questions in this part are compulsory with each questions carrying one marks.
B) Part-II: Stream Specific (Medical, Non Medical (Life Science and Social behavioral Sciences), exam. There will be 100 questions of various disciplines and the candidates have to attempt 40 of them.
There will be negative marking to the extent of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the theory paper.
1. Both Aptitude test and specialty specific theory test will be conducted centrally by PGI Examination Branch.
2. The In-service Medical faculty of PGIMER, Chandigarh and the candidates having their own fellowship with stipends from various funding agencies, shall be exempted from appearing in the entrance exam.
3. List of the faculty members who are willing to take Ph.D. Students will be uploaded PGI website.
4. The application is required to be recommended specifically by the concerned faculty member.
5. The faculty will have the option to accept or not to accept the candidate, who opts to pursue Ph.D. under him/her. The candidate may opt for only one faculty member.
MERIT LIST & MINIMUM QUALIFYING MARKS
Candidates scoring the below-mentioned minimum marks in aptitude test and specialty-specific theory test (combined) will be eligible to appear in counseling for enrollment to Ph.D program:-
General/OBC/Spon/FN category - 40 marks
SC/ST category - 36 marks
FEES AND DUES
The following dues are payable to the Institute, by the candidates admitted to the Ph.D course:
a) Registration fee : Rs. 500/-
b) Tuition fee : Rs. 350/- per annum
c) Laboratory fee: Rs. 900/- per annum
d) Security: Rs. 1000/- for recovery of breakages or loss of Equipment, balance if any will be refundable on completion of course.
e) Amalgamated fund: Rs. 720/- per annum
f) Examination fee (Viva-Voce): Rs. 1100/-
g) Security for hostel accommodation: Rs. 5000/- (refundable) to be deposited with Hostel Manager (if Hostel is allotted)
PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Annual):
The first installment of annual fees/charges for the FIRST YEAR is required to be paid in advance immediately after selection /allotment of seat (to confirm the seat ). Fees & other charges for the subsequent years (2nd/3rd year so on) are required to be paid annually in advance by 15th July every year for July session and by 15th January for January session. The onus of payment of fee with the cashier in the Academic/Training Branch will be on the student /candidate. No notice for payment of fee will be issued by the department.
1. Fees and other charges once paid shall not be refunded in any case including that of a candidate leaving the Institute before the completion of the term or not joining the institute for any reason. No correspondence in this connection shall be entertained. The claim for the refund of security must be submitted within 3 years from the date of completion of course by the candidate concerned failing which the amount will be forfeited to the institute.
2. a) For late payment, a fine @ Rs.5/- per day will be charged up to a maximum of 15 days.
b) After 15 days the name of the candidates who do not pay the dues will be removed from the rolls of the institute and fine till the date of termination will be charged. For re-admission, if otherwise eligible, a sum of Rs.500/- will be charged as re-registration fee in addition to the fine till the date of re-admission. Such a candidate will have to repeat the period of his/her training for which he/she remains off the rolls.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
(a) Candidate should fill in the Online Application with utmost care and follow the instructions and help manual as given in the APPENDIX - ͙͙.. of the Prospectus, step by step. The candidate should fill in the Online Application form correctly. Incorrect filled form may lead to rejection.
(b) A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to submit his/her application in the prescribed format available online with the Prospectus on www.pgimer.edu.in.
(c) The cost of Application Form includes the fees for entrance examination which is non- refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. The candidate is required to go through the Prospectus carefully and acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling of the online application form.
(d) Online Registration:
(i) After selecting the online registration, fill the mandatory details asked for and deposit the prescribed fee through debit/credit card/Net Banking. After submitting fees filled required information step by step. Follow the Instructions carefully.
(ii) It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that correct details are filled in the Registration form. The Institute will not be responsible for any incorrect information/cancellation of candidature/loss or lack of communication etc. due to wrong filling of online Application form.
(iii) No candidate should register/submit more than one application.
(iv) All applicants are required to ensure that Photo/Signature is uploaded according to the instructions provided in the Prospectus. Failure to do so may result in rejection of applications.
(v) Duplicate applications from any applicant will result in cancellation of all such applications. No intimation regarding such summary rejections will be provided.
(e) STATUS OF ONLINE REGISTRATION
(i) Acknowledgement of successful Online Registration will be forwarded/sent to the applicant's Registered Email ID. The Registration Form will remain Under Review regarding uploaded images and eligibility.
(ii) Admit Card of all eligible candidates will only be uploaded on the website. If the status of Registration Form or Admit Card is not available on website, he/she should immediately write an email to the Registrar, PGIMER on email@example.com along with full particulars of the Registration Form.
(f) DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED WITH REGISTRATION FORM
The candidates must upload their self-attested/attested copies of certificates/documents in support of their educational qualifications, marks, date of birth, category, experience, etc. If a candidate fails to upload self attested copies of the requisite documents as above, his/her candidature will be cancelled and he/she will not be allowed to participate in subsequent stages of the selection/admission process.
For Sponsored Candidates and Foreign nationals.
1) Sponsorship Certificate in the format prescribed in the Prospectus, duly completed and signed by the competent authority.
2) NOC from Ministry of Health & Family Welfare in case of Foreign National.
• Sponsored/Foreign national category candidates should send the above documents in a separate envelope to the Academic Section, PGIMER, Chandigarh, indicating their Registration No. on the top of the envelope and on the documents followed by the name of course/discipline applied for.
• In case of non-receipt of the nominations/clearance/no objection from the concerned Ministry by due date, their candidature will not be considered.
• The Annexure-6 along with print out of application form duly filled by the Ph.D applicants and attested by the concerned faculty member under whom the candidate wishes to pursue his/her Ph.D, must reach The Registrar, PGIMER, Sec-12, Chandigarh either by post or by hand at Room No. 308, Academic Section, Kairon Block, PGIMER, Chandigarh. The candidates who qualify the entrance exam (CBT) are required to submit their relevant documents within three days after declaration of result.
• Candidates belonging to Sponsored Category are required to submit their NOC & Sponsorship Certificate in original from their Competent Authority and presently employed candidates are required to submit their NOC from Employer (as per format given in Annexure-IV).
The Applications of above mentioned categories i.e. Foreign national and Sponsored category alongwith requisite certificates must reach the office of Registrar, Academic Section, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh-160012. The candidates who qualify the entrance exam (CBT) are required to submit their relevant documents within three days after declaration of result.
(g) Discrepancy, if any, in the date and time of the entrance examination mentioned in the Prospectus, Admit Card etc. should be immediately brought to the notice of the Training Branch, PGIMER, Chandigarh through email. Complaints received at later stage will not be entertained. In case any discrepancy is found in the information provided in the various documents, the data provided on the Application Form will be considered as final for all purposes.
(h) It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that correct address, Mobile No. & email ID in the Application Form is filled. The Institute shall not be responsible for any miscommunication due to incorrect address, Mobile No. and email ID given by the applicant on the Application Form or non-receipt for any communication.
Other Important Instructions:
a) All the candidate should ensure to take printout of application form after completing all details and submission.
Candidates who qualify for the written test and candidates having their own fellowship should submit the print out of their online application form along with photocopies of relevant self- attested certificates/documents in support of educational qualification(s), experience, age/date of birth certificate, caste certificate, Fresh OBC certificate, and NOC from the present employer (if employed at the time of counseling) within three days after declaration of result of entrance test and candidates having their own fellowship are required to submit the same at least 15 days before the counseling either through E-mail or by hand in the Room No. 308, Academic Branch, Kairon Block, PGIMER, Chandigarh.
b) Incomplete applications will not be considered, and no correspondence will be entertained in this matter. All particulars in the application form must be entered carefully. All claims made in the application must be supported with documentary proof.
c) Candidates who have already done, or are doing Ph.D in any subject at the time of applying, shall not be considered for admission to Ph.D courses. If it is found, during active verification and at a later stage, that the candidate has given wrong information, his/her registration will be cancelled without any notice.
d) Candidates in employment must forward their application through proper channel. Online Application will be treated as advance copy of the application. Application through proper channel should be sent to the Registrar, Academic Section of the Institute within 10 days after the last date fixed for online registration.
e) No request for a change of category applied for shall be entertained after the submission of the application.
f) The number of vacancies is provisional and may vary.
g) Roll Number/Admit Card/Hall ticket for candidates appearing in the entrance examination will be available approximately 10 days in advance and can be downloaded from the website by logging into their accounts on the website with their respective login id and password. Roll Number/Admit Card will NOT be sent by post. The candidates are allowed to enter in the examination hall on production of the Admit Card/ Hall Ticket.
h) ll candidates appearing for the entrance test are instructed 'NOT TO BRING' water bottle, electronic gadgets/devices, car key (Remote), bluetooth, any mobile phone/pager/pen/ wristwatch/ ring/wallets/ladies purse, ornaments (Earrings, rings, nose pin, bangles, chain etc) or any kind of marriage/religious/ceremonial symbols . The candidates with these articles will not be permitted to enter the examination hall.
The examination center staff will not be responsible/liable for the safe custody of the belongings of the candidates and they have to make their own arrangement for their safe custody.
i) Entrance examination/counseling will be held as per schedule. These dates will not be changed, even if the day is declared as a holiday or half-holiday by any competent authority. Attending the counseling is mandatory.
j) The candidates invited for the selection/counseling may have to stay at Chandigarh for 2-3 days. No TA/DA is admissible to them for the purpose.
k) Selected candidates in counseling shall have to pay the fee etc. on the same day, failing which his/her selection will be treated as cancelled and the seat will be offered to the candidates on the waiting list in order of merit.
l) The candidates selected for the course shall have to submit the migration certificate from the University/Institute from which they passed their last examination at the time of their joining, along with all other certificates in original in support of their qualification etc.
m) No individual intimation will be sent to unselected/ineligible candidates, and no correspondence on the subject will be entertained.
n) Students, except deputed candidates, will be provided partially furnished, accommodation in the hostel subject to availability and on the basis of merit in the entrance exam.
o) All the candidates are advised to download their Admit Cards from the website. It may please be noted that the Admit Cards will not be sent by Post.
p) If a candidate at any stage is found to have provided false information/certificate or is found to have withheld or concealed some information in his/her application form, he/she will be debarred from admission, his/her candidature will be terminated with immediate effect.
q) If ineligibility is detected at any stage, candidature/admission of the candidate will be cancelled without any notice.
r) Candidate must not obtain or give or attempt to obtain or give irregular assistance of any kind
during the examination; this will entail expulsion and cancellation of candidature for the examination. The admission of the candidate will be cancelled and appropriate criminal/civil proceedings will be initiated against the candidates if at any stage of the examination the candidate is found to have secured admission by using any unfair means.
The Institute will not intimate the result of Entrance Test individual candidates. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained. However, marks/result of individual candidate will be made available on PGIMER website www.pgimer.edu.in after declaration of final result by login their credential.
t) There is no provision for re-checking/re-evaluation of the answer sheets and no query in this regard will be entertained.
The decision of the Director of the Institute shall be final in the matter of selection of candidates for admission to various courses and no appeal will be entertained in this regard.
u) Selected candidates must join the course on the date stipulated in the letter of selection, failing which the selection/admission shall stand cancelled/withdrawn.
v) The selected candidates will have to submit the original educational Certificate at the time of joining.
w) The selection of Ph.D Candidates will be subject to medical fitness. The decision of the Medical Board shall be final.
x) Private practice in any form during the course is prohibited. The period of training course is strictly full time and continuous.
1) The rules are subject to change in accordance with the decision of the Institute to be taken from time to time.
2) Any dispute in regard to any matter referred to herein shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Chandigarh Courts alone.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS AT PGIMER, CHANDIGARH
A. Maintenance of Discipline among students of the PGIMER:
a. All powers relating to discipline and disciplinary action are vested with the Director, PGIMER.
b. The Director, PGIMER may delegate all such powers, as he/she deemed proper to such other officer as he/she may specify on his behalf.
c. Without prejudice to the generality of power to enforce discipline under the Rules the following shall amount to acts of gross indiscipline:
i. Physical assault or threat to use physical force against any member of the teaching or non teaching staff of any Department/Centre of PGIMER or any other person within/outside the premises/ Campus of PGIMER.
ii. Carrying or use or threat of use of any weapon.
iii. Violation of the status, dignity and honour of students belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Castes.
iv. Any practice, whether verbal or otherwise, derogatory to women.
v. Any attempt of bribing or corruption in any manner. vi. Willful destruction of institutional property.
vii. Creating ill-will or intolerance on religious or communal grounds.
viii. Causing disruption in any manner of the functioning of the PGIMER, Chandigarh.
ix. Without prejudice to the generality of his/her powers relating to the maintenance of discipline and taking such action in the interest of maintaining discipline as may seem to him/her appropriate. The Director, may in exercise of his/her powers aforesaid order or direct that any student or students.
(a) Be expelled;
(b) Be, for a stated period: be not for a stated period, admitted to a course or courses of study in PGIMER.
(c) Be fined with a sum of rupees that may be specified/decided by the Director;
(d) Be debarred from taking any examination(s) for one or more semesters.
(e) Withhold the result of the student(s) concerned in the Examination(s) in which he/she or they have appeared.
(f) Be prohibited for appearing or completing any examination for any unfair means like copying, taking notes, mobiles or any other electronic gadgets inside the examination hall.
At the time of admission, every student shall be required to sign a declaration that on admission he/she submits himself/herself to the disciplinary jurisdiction of the Director and several authorities of the PGIMER who may be vested with them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
1. Can I submit application myself?
Yes, you need to have internet access with reasonable speed along with online payment facility i.e., Internet Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card etc.
2. What is the procedure for applying?
After making sure about your eligibility for a post you want to apply for, go to PGI website, https://pgimer.edu.in/and visit "Information of candidate" section.
3. What do I do if I have submitted wrong details at the time of registration?
You will have to register again on the portal with either different valid e-mail Id or different Active Mobile No.
4. Are the details I filled in before submission of the Application Form saved?
After login in the Application Form, only that information will be saved which you will save by using "SAVE and NEXT" button. The information can be modified till the Application Form is submitted.
5. What happens if my computer switches off while I am filling my Application Form?
If you logout or your connection is interrupted at any stage after login, you have to login again and continue filling unsaved portion of your Application Form.
6. What do I do if I have submitted wrong details by mistake in the Application Form?
You can change the information which is filled after getting registered and before submission of Application Form. Therefore, you are advised to review and make sure correctness of the information filled in the Application Form before its submission.
Once the Application is submitted, no information can be changed. You will have to register again with either different valid e-mail Id or different active mobile no. to fill the Application Form again.
7. Will be there be a correction window facility?
Correction Window available only for if there is any update in Candidate Photograph & Signature. Thus, candidates are advised to fill the application form carefully.
8. I want to apply for the exam, but I have some doubts about the Application Process. How can I contact you?
For an answer to your doubts, have a close look at all the FAQs given here and the procedure given in "How to Fill the Application Form" on the home page. And, if you have not already seen, please also look at the Detailed Advertisement. If you do not find an answer to your query/problem in these documents, you may contact us at the email address and contact no. given on Index Page of Application Form.
9. I have not received confirmation or Login credentials on my email id /SMS after completing Registration, what should I do?
In case you have not received any email/SMS, you should check your spam and junk folders. You can simply login with your login credentials on our recruitment portal and click on login. In case you face any issue, you may send Registration details like Application No., registered Email id, registered mobile no., name and DOB on firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email id or you can call our help line no. 022 - 61306260.
10. I have not received confirmation on my email id /SMS after completing payment and payment has been deducted from my bank account, what should I do?
In case you do not received any email/SMS, or your status of respective post is not reflecting as payment success, please wait for some time, and if the problem persists, please complete payment again for the post. Also please send details of previous payment like registered ID proof No., registered Email id, registered mobile no., name and DOB, Transaction ID, Transaction Date, post name, Registration Id, and Application ID on email@example.com from your registered email id or you can call our help line no. 022 - 61306260.
11. I have made a mistake while registering, can this be rectified/modified?
Once you submit the Registration details, these details will not be modified. Therefore, please review all the details after filling and before submitting at the time of registration. If you made any mistake you have to register again with either different valid email id or different active mobile no.
12. In case the website is having functional issues because of which I am unable to complete my application, what should I do?
Please visit again after some time and complete your application. If problem persists, please write us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and you can call us our help line no. 022 - 61306260 (9:00AM to 6:00 PM)
13. I have lost/forgot the registration id & password.
Use the "forgot password" functionality in login page.
14. I have applied twice; which Application Form will be accepted / considered?
The Application Form with latest Application No. will be accepted/considered.
To Register yourself click on the following link:
Medical Dialogues Bureau consists of a team of passionate medical/scientific writers, led by doctors and healthcare researchers. Our team efforts to bring you updated and timely news about the important happenings of the medical and healthcare sector. Our editorial team can be reached at email@example.com.