BFUHS Releases Instructions on PhD Reports, Details
Faridkot: Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS), through a written notice, has released instructions related to PhD courses reports submitted by medicos.As per the notice, the competent authority has approved certain observations made by members of RQC while checking the PhD reports and annual seminar reports to be followed by all research centers in toto. Now certain guidelines...
Faridkot: Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS), through a written notice, has released instructions related to PhD courses reports submitted by medicos.
As per the notice, the competent authority has approved certain observations made by members of RQC while checking the PhD reports and annual seminar reports to be followed by all research centers in toto. Now certain guidelines have been issued after the observations are made.
The following are the guidelines issued by the competent authority –
1. The candidates will have to follow the following format while submitting the summary – No of Progress report, Period for which report is being submitted, Detail of the Work done, e.g., patients enrolled/new patients/Total Patients, Remarks, and Approved Status
2. Monitoring committee must report by calculating the percentage of the work to be completed with work done. Further monitoring committee must ensure the progress of the research work as per the schedule is satisfactory or not.
3. Publication submitted by the candidates should be an original article, not a review article.
The previous instructions issued by the competent authority –
1. A monitoring committee to be constituted at each research center under the chairmanship of the principal of the concerned college, who is also the chairman of RDC for PhD candidates. This committee will monitor the progress of the research being carried out at the research center by PhD scholars and will sign each progress report and annual seminar report being forwarded to the University for Approval.
2. Methodology of research work should be specified in the report, and the report should be more objective in view of points.
3. Review committee at the research center must review the candidate's work at least twice in the six months and accordingly put observations/remarks on the reports of Six Months Progress/Annual Seminar.
4. The research paper published by the candidate is to be submitted along with the Pre Submission Report of the PhD work.
5. If a person is moving/retiring from the department, they must hand over the candidate to the relevant department according to the topic so that the student should not suffer.
6. It is the responsibility of the chairman of RDC to ensure that the PhD candidate from their research center is submitting an Ethical clearance certificate from both places of data collection and the research center.
To view the notice, click on https://medicaldialogues.in/pdf_upload/it-cell-181291.pdf.