ICMR Invites Applications For Admission to MPH Program At RMRC, Details
Bhubaneshwar: Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) invites applications for admission into 2 years full-time regular Master in Public Health (MPH) program for the academic session 2022-24 at the Regional Medical Research Centre (RMRC), Bhubaneswar. Candidates can apply online on the institute's official website www.rmrcbbsr.gov.in / www.icmr.nic.in. The last date to apply is 25th...
Bhubaneshwar: Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) invites applications for admission into 2 years full-time regular Master in Public Health (MPH) program for the academic session 2022-24 at the Regional Medical Research Centre (RMRC), Bhubaneswar.
Candidates can apply online on the institute's official website www.rmrcbbsr.gov.in / www.icmr.nic.in. The last date to apply is 25th July 2022.
The process to apply –
1. Download the form from the website. The prescribed application format in the website should only be used as application form. Any other form will not be considered.
2. Application is to be submitted along with the application fee. Application without the application fee will not be considered.
3. Duly filled in the application form with necessary documents, and the original demand draft should be sent to "The Director, ICMR-Regional Medical Research Centre, Chandrasekharpur, S. E. Rly. Project P.O., Bhubaneswar, Odisha, PIN-751023", superscribing "Application for admission to MPH-2022" on the top of the cover by post/speed post. No application will be received by hand. Otherwise the same can also be dropped in the box available at security point of OPD building, RMRC up to the last date during the office hour.
The candidates will have to pay the following application fee through a demand draft drawn in any nationalized bank in favor of the "Director, RMRC" payable at Bhubaneswar –
1. General and OBC - Rs 600
2. SC/ST – Rs 300
The fee to be paid by the candidates –
1. Course fee: Rs 50000 to be paid at the beginning of each academic session.
2. Caution money fee: Rs 10000 one time (refundable after the completion of the course).
3. Seminar fee: Rs 500 per annum to be paid at the time of admission.
4. Examination fees at the time of form fill-up for the University exam as per program are to be paid.
Eligibility criteria for MPH program –
1. Bachelor degree holders of any institute/University recognized by the UGC having secured at least 50% of marks for General and OBC& 45% marks for SC/ST Candidates in the relevant subject, such as Medicine/ AYUSH/ Dental Science/ Allied Medical & Health Sciences/ Veterinary Sciences/ Microbiology/Nursing/ Epidemiology/ Occupational Therapy/ Population Sciences or Studies/ Statistics/Biostatistics/ Demography/ Social Work/ Public Health Engineering/ Nutrition/ Home Science/ Community Sciences/ Psychology/ Sociology/ Anthropology/ Economics/ Management and Law.
2. Students appearing in the final degree examination can make a provisional application, pending publication of results subject to meeting minimum eligibility requirements at the time of interview. If required for the course, the internship must be completed before admission. Admission to the course is based on the combined result of a written test and interview.
All eligible candidates will have to appear for an offline entrance test which will be announced later. Date & venue of written examination will be communicated in due course.
The pattern of the entrance test -
1. All the questions will be multiple choice question (MCQ) type and compulsory.
2. Each question carries 2 marks.
3. For a wrong answer, one mark will be deducted.
4. The questions for the entrance examination will cover general public health& scientific awareness, reasoning, quantitative aptitude, and general English including grammar/common errors.
The candidates will be selected by a selection committee constituted by the Director, ICMR-RMRC, Bhubaneswar based on review of application form, written test, and personal interview. Reservation/Relaxation will be followed as per norms being followed by Government of Odisha/ Utkal University.
Mere possession of eligibility criteria will not entail selection for the course. The decision of Director, RMRC, Bhubaneswar regarding selection of candidates & number of students to be admitted within the rule shall be final.
ICMR has notified that there is no provision of hostel accommodation for this course at this centre.
Documents required -
1. Proof of date of birth.
2. Attested copies of all certificates and mark sheets starting from Matriculation.
3. Caste certificate/ Certificate claiming reservation (if any) from the competent authority.
4. Completion of internship certificate is mandatory if required for the course.
The Regional Medical Research Centre (RMRC), Bhubaneswar is one of the institutes under the aegis of Indian Council of Medical Research (Dept. of Health Research, MOHFW, Govt. of India). The center has focused its activities in the area of research in both communicable and non-communicable diseases, human resource development program and in establishing strong linkage with State Health Department in finding solution to the regional health problems, diagnosis & epidemiology of communicable diseases including COVID-19, etc. Besides basic and applied research, translational research has been taken up in operational mode, pertaining to communicable and non-communicable diseases. The center is also working in the area of Public Health, Biostatistics, Microbiology, Virology, Health Economics and Health Technology Assessment. RMRC, Bhubaneswar has been affiliated to different Universities of the country for pursuing Ph.D. degree in different branches of Science and Medicine. In view of the outbreak of the COVID-19, RMRC, Bhubaneswar has taken a lead role in the state for diagnosis, testing of novel Corona virus & related research. The center has also been recognized by Utkal University, Odisha as the Nodal Centre for Ph.D. in Public health. The Master in Public Health (MPH) Course under Utkal University has also been undertaken from the academic session (2018-19) with permission of Department of Health & Family Welfare Department, Govt. of Odisha.
To view the notice, click on https://medicaldialogues.in/pdf_upload/mphapplication2022-178968.pdf