ICMR, National Institute for Implementation Research on NCDs invites applications for UG, PG, Doctoral, Postdoctoral training, Details
New Delhi: National Institute for Implementation Research on Non Communicable Diseases (NIIRNCD), Jodhpur has invited applications from interested students of graduate, post-graduate ongoing academic programs in the country to enhance their skills, hands on experience and academic knowledge in various aspects of implementation research related to diseases of public heath importance.
Opportunities exist for dissertation program/short term training programs (3-6 months), medium term internships (6 months to 1 year), doctoral training and post doctoral training.
Detailed terms and conditions are given below:
1. Candidate must apply using the online link i.e. https://niirncd.icmr.org.in/portal/index.php
2. The application must be forwarded by the competent authority of the institution and sent directly to the following email (email@example.com). The subject line should include name and application registration no. of the candidate.
3. Candidate must submit one (for short term & medium term training) or two testimonial(s) /letter(s) of recommendation (long term, doctoral, post doctoral) from faculty members not below the rank of Associate Professor, testifying the credentials of the candidate.
4. The testimonials can be sent directly to the following email (firstname.lastname@example.org). The subject line should include name and application registration no. of the candidate.
5. The candidates are encouraged to submit a write up of not more than 500 words justifying their candidature for the training program.
6. The candidate may contact scientists of the institute prior to making an application, to explore areas of potential research. However, final selection will be based upon criteria given below:
7. Selection criteria: Candidates with demonstrated research interest as indicated by publications stand better chance of being included in the program. Quality of their research proposal, impact of the proposed research, and past publications will carry weightage in scoring system for selection.
8. Short listed candidates based upon bio data may need to undergo a screening on line MCQ test/ or an online interview depending upon number of applications. Summative weighted scores will be used for preparing a merit list of the candidates and offer will be made in descending order of merit starting from the top rank.
9. Upon selection, the candidate has to bear all travel, boarding and lodging expenses. Limited numbers of twin sharing accommodation are available in the institute's guest house on payment basis.
10. Candidates should acquaint themselves with terms and conditions and code of conduct during their participation in the program.
11. Candidates will be encouraged to prepare and publish research papers from their work done at the institute.
12. Please note that Implementation Research is the main focus area however basic and clinical research is also encouraged.
Note that for dissertation program, there is a onetime fee of INR 10,000/- and for short term training INR 5,000 in the form of demand draft payable to Director NIIRNCD upon demand/selection.
NIIRNCD is an Institute of National Eminence under the aegis of Indian Council of Medical Research. The institute is located in Jodhpur (Rajasthan) and it replaces the Erstwhile Desert Medicine Research Centre. The institute has state of the art facilities to conduct basic laboratory based research in it's microbiology, biochemistry and vector-biology and epidemiology laboratories. The institute has dedicated scientists, technical experts, ably supported by administrative and support staff. The thrust areas of research are cardiovascular diseases, chronic respiratory diseases, environmental health, nutritional disorders, cancers, injury & trauma, mental illnesses including substance abuse, genetic diseases and other non communicable diseases of public health significance in India. The institute aspires to carry out implementation research in the thrust areas, provide training for capacity building in implementation research to other academic and research institutions, develop behaviour change communication materials and models for tackling risk factors of various noncommunicable diseases.
To view the official notice, click on the following link: