ICMR, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases invites applications for Clinical Research Fellowship Programme, MD, MS medicos can apply
New Delhi : The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)/Department of Health Research (DHR) and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)/ National Institutes of Health (NIH), in collaboration with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), have teamed up to provide a opportunity through Clinical Research fellowship. MD, MS medicos can apply for the fellowship...
New Delhi : The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)/Department of Health Research (DHR) and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)/ National Institutes of Health (NIH), in collaboration with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), have teamed up to provide a opportunity through Clinical Research fellowship.
MD, MS medicos can apply for the fellowship by July 1st 2022. Earlier, the last date of application was June 1st.
This fellowship will enable clinicians from India and the United States of America (USA) to conduct research & hands-on experience in Indian and US labs that will advance discovery to improve clinical practice and benefit public health in both countries
Guidelines for applicants
ICMR-NIAID-BMGF Clinical Research Fellowship exchange programme
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Bill &Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) Clinical Research Fellowship Program is for early and mid-career scientists within India and the USA to help in expanding the cohort of physician scientists focused on research that will advance discovery to improve clinical practice and benefit public health in both countries.
Duration of Fellowship : Upto 3 months
Number of Fellowships:4 fellowships per year on each side
Age limit: Above 18 years and not more than 60 years as on last date of receipt of application
A complete application consists of:
- Zintellect profile.
- Application questions.
- Current resume/CV, including academic history, employment history, relevant experiences, and publication list.
- Proof of completion of a post-graduate (post-MBBS) medical training program, such as M.D./M.S. with or without a Ph.D. degree. Proof may include one of the following:
- Copy of the diploma issued by the University including official university markings, and the degree awarded and the award date.
- Copy of the official transcript issued by the Registrar's Office including official university markings such as the registrar's signature, university logo or stamp, letterhead or watermark, etc. Transcripts must include degree awarded and graduation date.
- Two (2) relevant recommendations from professionals who can speak to your abilities and potential for success as well as your scientific capabilities and personal characteristics. Recommendation requests must be sent through the Zintellect application system. Recommenders will be asked to complete a recommendation form in Zintellect. Recommendations submitted via email will not be accepted. Recommendation deadline is June 1, 2022, 11:59 PM Eastern Time Zone.
- Statement of interest and experience.
A subsequent selection process stage may include telephone interviews with the mentor and additional questions provided by ICMR.
For Indian applicants
1. The applicant should be a citizen of India and working in the country.
2. The applicant should possess an M.D./M.S. with or without Ph.D. from a recognized Institute in India.
3. The applicationshould also include a letter by the Employer/Head of the Institution with a statement that the candidate will be considered as a full time employee of the Institution during the period of his/her fellowship.
4. Parent Indian institute may continue to pay salary and other benefits such as leave, medical gratuity, General Provident Fund, pension as applicable to the fellow candidate while he/she is away for the fellowship as per the parent institute's rules/norms. No liability on any of these accounts will be borne by ICMR/DHR.
5. The Fellows will be required to execute a copy of a will/legal/service bond of Rs. 5.00 lakh to the parent Indian institute that he/she belongs to and will serve the parent Indian institute for a period of at least one year after return from International fellowship.
6. The Fellow should submit a final work report (in the prescribed format- Annexure-I) on the research and training activities undertaken in the foreign laboratory/institute during the fellowship period. This should be submitted within 2 weeks of his/her return.
7. The Utilisation Certificate (in the prescribed format- Annexure-II) should be submitted by the Fellow within 2 weeks of return for final adjustment of stipend/bills.
8. Total claim bills on the budget head of fellowship will be reimbursed not exceeding the specified amount.
9. In the event of cancellation of travel ticket due to change of the date of visit/change of sector of journey or any other reasons, the cancellation charges and difference of fare, if any, will be met by the Fellow.
10. ICMR will not be liable for anything whatsoever including GOI clearances, medical insurance etc., beyond the specified/official duration of stay of Fellow in the foreign country.
Kindly note :
1. While filling up the sections for Ethnicity, Races, Status, Disablity, in the application format, the applicant can chose not to respond(if not applicable).
2. While filling up the section for Education: The applicant must choose Bachelor's Degree for MBBS and Masters Degree for M.D. and fill the details accordingly. Financial Support(For Indian Fellows ) By ICMR
i. Return air-ticket (by Air India ) through shortest possible route. The Fellow will be entitled to excursion fareair travel by Air India (both ways) by the shortest route from the place of duty . ICMR shall book the air-tickets through the authorized travel agent.
ii. Contingency grant of maximum of Rs. 50,000/- (which includes the cost of visa, taxi charges from place of duty to airport and back, overseas mediclaim/insurance expenses reimbursable on submission of original receipts/bills on return). No other charges/expenditure is admissible.
Support in the form of Stipend for living($3000 per month upto 3 months) and other expenses as determined by the program sponsers.
Financial support by ICMR (For US Fellow in India):
i. Fellowship Allowance(lodging and per diem; US $3000 per month (Duly signed receipt to be submitted- - Annexure-III)
ii. Fellowship Allowance for Indian institues: Rs. 40,000(consumbles/chemicals) to be released as per requirement / type of training on acase to case basis(Admissible on production of bills/original receipts for fellowship work) (Duly signed receipt to be submitted- - Annexure-IV)
Other costs may be covered through ORIS
Below are the links to apply
For further information about ICMR, NIAID, and BMGR, click the links below:
Medical Dialogues Bureau consists of a team of passionate medical/scientific writers, led by doctors and healthcare researchers. Our team efforts to bring you updated and timely news about the important happenings of the medical and healthcare sector. Our editorial team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.