- Medical news & Guidelines
- Cardiology and CTVS
- Critical Care
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Laboratory Medicine
- Health news
- State News
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
- Medical Education
JIPMER Extends Time For Submission Of Protocol Proposal by PG Students
Puducherry: Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) has extended the time for submission of protocol proposal for postgraduates who joined on 28.02.2023. The detailed schedule January 2023 Batch (late joining on 28.02.2023) – 1. Last Date - 30th May 2023 2. Late Submission Without fine - From 1st June 2023 to 30th June 2023 3. Late Submission With...
Puducherry: Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) has extended the time for submission of protocol proposal for postgraduates who joined on 28.02.2023.
The detailed schedule January 2023 Batch (late joining on 28.02.2023) –
1. Last Date - 30th May 2023
2. Late Submission Without fine - From 1st June 2023 to 30th June 2023
3. Late Submission With fine - From 1st July 2023 to 10th July 2023
Fine - Rs. 10000 as per PGRMC guidelines.
Role of Departmental Postgraduate research monitoring committee (PGRMC) -
1. PGRMC, which is constituted by the head of the department, comprises departmental faculty members and a few invited faculty if the departments have a small number of faculty members. The members will evaluate the student research proposal, document the minutes, and issue an approval certificate for submission to the ethics committee (as per the format enclosed).
2. The total number of members should be at least 9 faculty among which 7 should be physically present during the discussion. If the department does not have that many faculty, the deficiency must be made up of faculty from other departments as per the Dean (Research) office guidelines.
3. The Departmental PGRMC should include the head/acting head of the department as its chairman. All faculty members from the Dept. must participate (minimum 75% attendance mandatory) as committee members. The chairman will appoint one of the faculty members as the member-secretary.
4. Responsibility of forming the committee for screening and scrutiny of dissertation projects in a Department calling for the meeting, issuing the certificate to students and submitting the minutes to the Dean (Research) office will rest with the head of the Department (HoD) /chairman and the member — secretary of the committee.
5. HOD may incorporate experts in bio-statistics or study design.
6. HOD may invite other faculty members to the meeting to give suggestions.
7. HOD should submit a final copy of the protocol along with the meeting minutes (mentioning the discussions and corrections suggested with signatures of the entire faculty in attendance) to the division of research within 7 working days of the meeting date.
8. The Guide will take full responsibility for ensuring that all corrections are completed before submission. HOD to ensure that all corrections in meeting minutes are implemented and issue a certificate to the student.
9. Protocols to be submitted to IEC along with the PGRMC approval certificate (Format enclosed).
10. The details of the intramural budget should be discussed and approved in the PGRMC meeting.
All suggestions in the meeting must be noted in the following format -
Guide & Co-guide
Title of the topic
Suggestions by members
Accepted and corrected by investigators
The mandate of the committee –
1. To assess the clinical utility and scientific validity of the research question or hypothesis of the study.
2. To assess and suggest improvements in the title, objectives, methodology and study conduct.
3. To assess the feasibility of methodology for infrastructure and finances available.
4. To suggest improvements for the enrolment of subjects or samples and ensure conformity with ICMR ethical guidelines.
5. To ensure adherence to the Institute format, including references per Vancouver format.
The combination of Departments for constituting PGR1VIC -
2. Anatomy + Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
3. Obstetrics and Gynaecology
5. PSM and Biostatistics
6. Surgical Oncology + Medical Gastroenterology + Plastic Surgery
7. Paediatrics + Neonatology
8. Ophthalmology + ENT
9. Clinical Immunology + Cardiology + CTVS
10. Orthopedics' + Emergency Medicine + Dentistry
11. Neurosurgery + Neurology + Endocrinology
12. Microbiology + Pulmonary Medicine
13. Pathology and Transfusion Medicine
14. Pharmacology + Clinical Pharmacology
15. Radio-diagnosis + Nuclear Medicine + Surgical Gastroenterology + Radiotherapy
16. Urology + Nephrology + Paediatrics Surgery
18. Psychiatry + Dermatology & STD
21. Radiation Oncology + Medical Oncology
To view the notice, click on the link below –