JIPMER releases recall Instructions for Phase II MBBS III semester Students, COVID-19 SOP
Puducherry: Through a recent notice, the Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) has released recall Instructions for Phase II MBBS (III semester) Students and COVID 19 SOP.
For students Residing Outside Puducherry* and COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedure
In continuation with the online meeting held with phase II MBBS (III semester) students on 09th December 2020, it has been decided to recall students back to academic sessions in the campus. Therefore, the students of III semester MBBS of JIPMER Puducherry residing outside Puducherry are advised to report to JIPMER, Puducherry between 20th to 23rd December 2020. Online classes during this period will be rescheduled. Online classes will continue from 24th to 31st December 2020. Clinical postings and practical sessions in face-to-face mode will start from 04th January 2021. Theory classes may be continued in online mode for a limited period in January 2021 and will subsequently be replaced with face-to-face sessions. However, clinical postings and practical sessions will start in face-to-face mode from 4th January 2021.
*Students residing in Puducherry will attend classes directly on 04th January 2021.
Instructions before leaving hometown
• Travel plan: Students are instructed to send their travel plan to the assigned office staff by filling the Google form https://forms.gle/qgERZEo3d1JgLbvN8 (Scan the QR code below). This information should reach by 19th December 2020. The following details should be included in the Google form
▪ Parents' contact details (updated contact phone number and email ID)
▪ Mode of travel
▪ City of departure
▪ Date and time of arrival at JIPMER, Puducherry
▪ Any COVID-19-related symptoms and co-morbidities#
• Essential items to carry: Each student must bring along the following essential items before entering JIPMER, Puducherry premises.
i) For personal protection:
3-ply facemask – minimum 100 Nos,
Face shields – 2
ii) Supplies for daily and frequent sanitization:
Hand sanitizer – 100 ml (5 Nos)
Liquid soaps for personal use in washrooms – 2 bottles
iii) For following social distancing norms in the mess
Food carriers – 2 Nos and plates
• Students MUST carry the JIPMER identity card along with them. Those without a valid JIPMER ID card will be refused entry to their hostel room. No other photo-identity card will be accepted. Dean (Academic), JIPMER must be informed in advance if anyone does not have the Identity card issued by JIPMER, Puducherry.
Standard Procedures on Arrival at JIPMER, Puducherry
Period of quarantine: 7 days
Quarantine place: Their own hostel rooms. Students should stay within their rooms during this period. Social distancing norms, wearing of face masks, and hand hygiene should be followed strictly.
A strict compliance is expected, failing which, the students may face disciplinary action.
The students will be assessed for COVID-19 symptoms at the end of the quarantine period and a decision for further clinical evaluation will be taken.
Based on the evaluation, if a student is found to be COVID-19 positive, he/she will be placed in isolation with round-the-clock monitoring. He/she will be treated as advised by the COVID clinical team. Covid-19 positive students will not be permitted to join the clinical postings/ practical sessions until recovery until discharge.
Screening Process for students having Covid-19 related symptoms:
• Immediately on arrival, ONLY those students with symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, sore throat, body ache, etc.) should report to the "triage area" located in the SSB Annex (open 24 hours) with student/staff case sheet, if available. The students will not be entertained if they are not wearing a face mask or do not carry their JIPMER student ID card).
.Thermal scanning (temperature recording) will be done.
. COVID-19 screening/testing: The students will be screened for COVID symptoms and a sample will be collected for COVID-19 testing if necessary.
• Only after the above screening process, will the students be able to proceed to their respective hostel rooms.
JIPMER follows various COVID-19 guidelines/orders issued by the Government of India/Union Territory of Puducherry from time to time. It is the students' responsibility to strictly adhere to the COVID-19 safety instructions and any breech may make them vulnerable to get infected. We request all the students to always abide by the prescribed norms at all times to keep themselves safe. In spite our best efforts, if a student acquires COVID-19 infection, he/she will be treated in JIPMER according to the JIPMER treatment protocol. However, JIPMER will not be responsible or liable for any prosecution in any such cases.
Summary for Outstation candidates:
Arrival at hostels between 20th to 23rd December 2020.
Classes from 21-23 December 2020 will be rescheduled.
Quarantine for 7 days (maximum up to 31st December 2020) in their respective hostel rooms.
Online classes will continue from 24th to 31st December 2020.
COVID-19 test on completion of 7 days after arrival. Results take 24-48 hours. If negative, the student can attend classes from 4th January. If positive, he/she will be admitted in SSB Annexe for approximately 10 days.
To view official notice, click on the following link: