JIPMER releases recall instructions for Phase II MBBS students, Details
Puducherry: Through a recent notice, the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) has released Recall Instructions to Phase II MBBS (V semester) Students Residing Outside Puducherry along with COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedure.
i) PuducherryFor personal protection:
3-ply facemask – minimum 100 Nos,
ii) Supplies for daily and frequent sanitization:
Hand Sanitizer-100 ml(5 Nos)
Liquid soaps for personal use in washrooms - 2 bottles
iii) For following social distancing norms in the mess
Food carriers - 2 Nos and plates
• Students MUST carry the JIPMER identity card along with them. Those without the valid JIPMER ID card will be refused entry to their hostel room. No other photo-identity card will be accepted. Dean(Academic), JIPMER must be informed in advance if anyone does not have the Identity card issued by JIPMER, Puducherry.
Standard Procedures on Arrival at JIPMER, Puducherry Quarantine policy:
Period of quarantine: 7 days
Quarantine place: Their own hostel rooms. Social distancing norms, wearing of face masks, and hand hygiene should be followed strictly.
Thermal & Bar code Scanning: At the hostel gate, security personnel will scan your temperature at entry.
A strict compliance is expected, failing which, the students may be placed in isolation and may not be permitted to appear for the examinations.
The students will be assessed for COVID-19 symptoms at the end of the quarantine period and a decision for further clinical evaluation will be taken.
Based on the evaluation, if the student is found to be COVID-l9 positive, he/she will be placed in isolation with round-the-clock monitoring. He/she will be treated as advised by the COVID clinical team. Information about their health status-will be communicated to the parents immediately. Covid1 9 positive students will not be permitted to join the clinical postings until recovery.
Screening Process for students having Covid-19 related symptoms:
- Immediately on arrival, ONLY those students with symptoms of COVID-1 9 (fever, sore throat, body ache, etc.) should report to the "triage area" located in the SSB Annex (open 24 hours). The students will not be entertained if they are not wearing a face mask or do not carry their JIPMER student ID card).
- Thermal scanning (temperature recording) will be done.
- COVID-19 screening/testing: The students will be screened for COVID symptoms and a sample will be collected for COVID-19 testing if necessary.
- Only after the above screening process, will the students be able to proceed to your respective hostel room.
JIPMER follows various COVID-19 guidelines/orders issued by the Government of India/Union Territory of Puducherry from time to time. It is the students' responsibility to strictly adhere to the COVID-19 safety instructions and any breech may make them vulnerable to .gel infected. We request all students to abide by the prescribed norms at all times to keep themselves safe. In spite of our best efforts, i f a student acquires COVID-19 infection, he/she will be treated in JIPMER according to the JIPMER treatment protocol. However, JIPMER will not be responsible or liable for any prosecution in any such cases.